Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Glo Loons vs. Lantern Send Off

Hello,
I am having a small beach wedding next August.  I originally fell in love with the lantern send off idea and thought it would be a great way to end the ceremony.  After doing research, I decided that I didnt want to take a chance with fire hazards and the amount of time it would take to get everyone's light.

Has anyone seen or used the Glo Loons?  I thought this might be a nice alternative to the lantern send off, but dont want it to come off as tacky.  Let me know!

Re: Glo Loons vs. Lantern Send Off

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok, I don't have to go to work until noon today, so I am doing some brainstorming...

Beach service project-- helping sea turtles? shorebirds? creating some sort of habitat?

Will you be on Lake Michigan? Planting a tree or trees at your wedding location?

Collecting shells then having guests put a little piece of paper in them for a wish to you? Giving collected shells to your guests from a pretty basket?

Yeah, no balloons. They are just plastic floating trash at best and something for wildlife to choke on. Glo loons sounds like a plastic lawn ornament.
  • Options
    What about fireworks?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards