Not Engaged Yet
Options

What cutesy things do you do for your S/O?

Hi ladies!
Today, I decided it would be fun to write my boyfriend a letter, make it look like a parking ticket, and put it on his windshield. xD He should be receiving that sometime soon.. like in fifteen minutes or so.. when he gets out of class.

Anyway, I tend to write him little notes occasionally and put them weird places, like in his cereal box, on the sun-visor in his car, etc. One time, I wrote as many reasons as I could think of as to why I adored him and hid them all over his apartment--he was finding them for months!

He seems to really appreciate these notes, but I'm looking for new ideas!

So! What cutesy things do you do for your S/O, and what types of reactions have you gotten? Or, what types of cutesy things does your S/O do for you, and what do you think of them?

Thanks, ladies! (I will read comments later, but I'm leaving the library in a few minutes. If only my phone would allow me to post! Growl.)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden

Re: What cutesy things do you do for your S/O?

• Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We don't do cutesy. We don't even have pet names for each other aside from him calling me 'Allie' instead of 'Allison' :X.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't know if we do anything "cutesy". Honestly, at this point, I'd melt into a puddle of nothing if he did the dishes or picked his underwear off the bedroom floor without being asked.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like to leave FI notes too. I've done the hiding notes around the apartment. He isn't very observant, so it took him a while to find them all, lol. 

I've also done something similar, but turned it into a scavenger hunt with each clue leading to another and then ending up at some kind of picnic or prize at the end. 

Sometimes I'll leave him coupons for a back rub or something like that too. 
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't done anything cutesy for each other in awhile.  He used to leave cards and roses for me in my mail box, on my car at the theater, or work.  

I may have to steal your idea about leaving love notes in places!!!  I love that idea.

Anniversary

• Options
    duckymonkeyduckymonkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cutesy-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:458d9c3a-e904-418c-8212-541b54ddc7b3Post:4f1b9da2-57b4-4778-83dc-7d956e380e17">What cutesy things do you do for your S/O?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! Today, I decided it would be fun to write my boyfriend a letter, make it look like a parking ticket, and put it on his windshield. xD He should be receiving that sometime soon.. like in fifteen minutes or so.. when he gets out of class.
    Posted by BookButterfly[/QUOTE]

That's super cute... my BF did this for me a few months ago and I thought it was the most romantic gesture in the world :" />. At first I was not happy when I saw what seemed to be a parking ticket on my windshield..... but when I read the letter inside, my heart just melted! So I'm sure your BF will love this! ;)

Recently, I got a bunch of cards with little motivational/love notes on them (such as "You're so Handsome!!", "Can't wait to see you", etc) and hid them in his car.... he's been finding them little by little, and everytime he comes back all excited that he found another note.... he says those little notes make his day when he finds them! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There was once a boy I fell head over heels for, and one day while he was at work, I hopped inside his little pickup truck (I knew the secret handle-jiggle that worked on his passenger side door, lol) and left him little notes all over his truck, each one with a memory we shared together. When he got off work at 1 o'clock in the morning, he spent 15 minutes in his truck, wanting to make sure he had found every one. :)
  • Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like to write BF little notes for him to find too!

We're LD now so we like to text each other throughout the day and send each other pictures of stuff we're doing. A few times I've written him a card so he'll get a surprise mail at school. We also really like "monthaversaries" - we always wish each other "happy 13 months" or whatever.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cutesy-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:458d9c3a-e904-418c-8212-541b54ddc7b3Post:b730ea0d-1130-4465-a91a-11ec88a5d563">Re: What cutesy things do you do for your S/O?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if we do anything "cutesy". Honestly, at this point, I'd melt into a puddle of nothing if he did the dishes or picked his underwear off the bedroom floor without being asked.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

This. I cook and clean for him, and if he wants to really melt my heart, he does the sink full of dishes while I'm at work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used to do little notes too and every once in awhile still do that.  But the other totally cutesy-cheesy thing we do came from something I saw on Pinterest.  THIS (<---clicky) was my inspiration.  I bought a frame and some pretty paper and got to work with my printer and some photoshop.  It was really easy.  I'd post a pic of that one but I'm on the road (if someone reminds me tomorrow I'll post one).  Anyway, we don't do it every day but we get around to it often enough.  Sometimes the things we write don't even make sense in the context of the "I love you because . . . " format but it's still fun anyway.  We keep it in our master bath and keep the eraseable markers in the drawer just below. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I pick him up random convenience store food I think he would like (chips and candy and stuff but stuff I wouldn't eat) sometimes when I get gas. I also e-mail him youtube videos of love songs I like. He sends me little love quote photos like this:

He also buys me little random things too, but it's usually like DVDs he finds on sale at WalMart that he think I might like. The other day he made me homemade raspberry chocolates (like he melted the chocolate, added raspberry flavouring and then poured the chocolate into chocolate molds)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AviatrixMerAviatrixMer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sometimes leave each other letters on the front door if one of us gets home from work while the other is out.  He still says that the cutest thing I ever did for him was a few months after we started dating.  I cut out 30 red paper hearts, and on each one, I wrote something I love about him, with the final one saying "you're perfect for me."  We keep the hearts in our nightstand along with other things of sentimental value, and every now and then, I take that last heart and hide it in various places, like in his flight bag for when he's at work, or in his wallet, or as a bookmark in a book he's reading.
  • Options
    stargazer88stargazer88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well sometimes he draws me comics, like if we don't see each other often enough. = T he used to do dinner when he had nights off but not lately..
  • Options
    caitlin.cavecaitlin.cave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cutesy-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:458d9c3a-e904-418c-8212-541b54ddc7b3Post:f95c1e51-bc89-48e5-8deb-ef6fcdc4f319">Re: What cutesy things do you do for your S/O?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used to do little notes too and every once in awhile still do that.  But the other totally cutesy-cheesy thing we do came from something I saw on Pinterest.  THIS (<---clicky) was my inspiration.  I bought a frame and some pretty paper and got to work with my printer and some photoshop.  It was really easy.  I'd post a pic of that one but I'm on the road (if someone reminds me tomorrow I'll post one).  Anyway, we don't do it every day but we get around to it often enough.  Sometimes the things we write don't even make sense in the context of the "I love you because . . . " format but it's still fun anyway.  We keep it in our master bath and keep the eraseable markers in the drawer just below. 
    Posted by flygirlmeg[/QUOTE]

That's ADORABLE.  When FI and I move in together eventually, I'm totally going to make one.

As for cutesy things... I sometimes write him notes.  What he really likes more than anything is to have his back and head scratched, so while that's not cute, that's what makes him happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards