Not Engaged Yet
Options

Insanity - Week 3, Day 3

Today was my first double workout. I was supposed to have one on Saturday but I gave myself my birthday off :)

Pure cardio is one of my favorite workouts. After the warmup, it's 15 minutes straight of different exercises. They are tough, but the variety makes it a bit easier to get through.

I liked Cardio Abs as well... I had been doing a bit of ab work before starting Insanity and I really think it helped because I don't think I would have been able to get through today otherwise. My problem with it is that I have a weak lower back thanks to a water-skiing accident when I was 18. I never properly rehabbed, so some of the exercises really hurt my lower back. I'm icing now, but need to figure out how to start strengthening that.

Hope you're all kicking some butt today!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Insanity - Week 3, Day 3

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also like Pure Cardio. It keeps you interested because it's always something different. Sorry to hear about your back. Cardio Abs is definitely utilizing that lower back for most of the workout. Does it hurt while you do it, or just afterwards? Maybe you can ease into it and the workout will help strengthen it. I'm definitely not a doctor, but usually that is what works for me. I used to have problems with my knees and hips, but the more I worked on them, the stronger they got and the pain went away.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you are doing great Tiger!

Also, I didn't realize that we had the same birthday!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiger: Did you do the abs before or after the pure cardio workout? I like doing it before, because then when I do the long workout, I can really feel my abs working and they're all tight and everything. It makes me feel like I did something right, lol. I also like doing it before because then I can't talk myself out of it later.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Happy belated b-day, Tiger and Hazel! Hope y'all had a great birthday weekend. :)

You might try some Pilates for your back, Tiger, if you haven't already tried that. I have these DVDs and like both a lot:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards