Not Engaged Yet
Options

Because I know your weekend won't be complete without knowing....

I'm off to make a pumpkin chocolate cheesecake.

YUM!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Because I know your weekend won't be complete without knowing....

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    OMG! That sounds so good!!

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    and I'm sad that i won't get a chance no matter how small it is to taste it.  Cry
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG that sounds ah-mazing! Ugh, I wish BF liked cheesecake, then I'd have an excuse to make something like this :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh my god I want that! I want to find some and buy it - since I can't eat yours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can take pictures. But I think that may just make you more jealous Innocent
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mmmm sounds delicious!
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wished I liked pumpkin again. Due to an unfortunate, um, incident, I will never think of pumpkin the same way again. :(
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RECIPE!  NOW!

Anniversary

• Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Well I combined some recipes. Here is what I used for the pumpkin cheesecake:
    http://www.joyofbaking.com/PumpkinCheesecake.html

I didn't make my own crust though. I bought a pre-made chocolate one. I followed the cheesecake part of the recipe, then I melted down chocolate chips, drop dallops into the cheesecake and swirled with a knife.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yummy, thanks!  And you're a cheater - you gotta make your own crust!  I'll forgive you if you send me some.

Laughing

Anniversary

• Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    I know I should have made my own. Lets just say I wasn't that motivated. If I had a food processor to crush the intended crust pieces it would make my life a lot easier. DH gives me all sorts of crap because I don't follow recipes. Like ever. If I do follow one usually one of two things if not both occur 1) I make sure he knows that I fully followed it to a T and 2) They never seem to taste as good as if I alter it in some way. I don't follow them to be lazy, I just use them as a guideline/ idea and develop it into something that I think sounds even better.

I would have enough to mail - as the recipe made enough for about 2, so I have a second pan of just cheesecake with no crust. However, I don't think cheesecake will hold up very well in the mail.
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I don't know if I ever mentioned, but I ended up trying eggplant. My first reaction after taking one bite was:

"Dear God this is one of the most horrendous things I have ever tasted."

I had been reading up on eggplant recipes online and what I gathered is that perhaps I didn't make my eggplant soon enough so it took on too much bitterness. I'm not brave enough to try again. Blech.
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't like pumpkin or cheesecake, but it still sounds good
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    That's amazing that something sounds good that contains two main ingredients that you do not like. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    drool.
  • Options
    Tula214Tula214 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_because-weekend-wont-complete-knowing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4cb53bba-5e90-4f90-987b-28803ce5dc2aPost:02d85377-2288-4740-941f-311f03cfe738">Re: Because I know your weekend won't be complete without knowing....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I should have made my own. Lets just say I wasn't that motivated. If I had a food processor to crush the intended crust pieces it would make my life a lot easier. DH gives me all sorts of crap because I don't follow recipes. Like ever. If I do follow one usually one of two things if not both occur 1) I make sure he knows that I fully followed it to a T and 2) <span style="font-weight:bold;">They never seem to taste as good</span> as if I alter it in some way. I don't follow them to be lazy, I just use them as a guideline/ idea and develop it into something that I think sounds even better. I would have enough to mail - as the recipe made enough for about 2, so I have a second pan of just cheesecake with no crust. However, I don't think cheesecake will hold up very well in the mail.
    Posted by loopy82[/QUOTE]

I agree. Being someone who loves to cook, and learn about food, I can't just follow a recipe.It's way more fun to use your own ideas, and feels great when something you created yourself turns out good.

Oh, and that sound AMAZING. I love love loovvee pumpkin everything. Coffee, cake, pie, bread, cheesecake, muffins....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards