Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hello, my name is Shoes...long, probably rambling

God, it's been so long since I've posted regularly on here that this feels like an intro post.

I admit that I have been lurking, so I am fairly up to speed with what's been going on here.

I miss you girls!!! I feel like I should update you on what's been going on with me.

So I got married and went on a gorgeous honeymoon to Hawaii for 10 days. We had a phenomenal time.

When the honeymoon was over, man was it over. Both H's and my job self imploded when we were gone. H came back and promptly began working 100 hours per week. I came back to my company deciding to fire a major contractor and my department being responsible for picking up all of the slack. I also was getting barked at repeatedly by a coworker and ended up having to issue a formal complaint against her.

H and I also got a dog. Our Gemini passed away one week before our wedding and it was really lonely around the house without the sound of little claws scraping against the hard wood floors. So, we got the new dog, and then for various reasons, she didn't work out and we brought her back.

So, with the work situation, the dog situation, the lack of sex, and my imbedded paranoia that I'll wind up like my parents, lots of big fights ensued, which have finally been resolved.

Needless to say, it's been a bumpy start to marriage, which I totally didn't expect.

And yeah... That's been my life for the last few months.

I promise I'll begin posting regularly again. I've missed you girls.

Re: Hello, my name is Shoes...long, probably rambling

• Options
    Welcome back :). Sorry to hear about all the stress, itll get better from here though.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Loves and snuggles for you Shoes.  I've missed you too round here.  I need you to not make me look like the crazy one. <3
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    Huge hugs, Shoes.  Sorry it has been a rough start to marriage.  That said, this is just an adjustment period and things will get better.  I know how lonely it can be after you lose a dog but maybe you can wait until work settles down to find a better fit? 

Any good Hawaii pictures to cheer you up (and share with the rest of us)?  I've never been there and it looks lovely.
  • Options
    Hugs shoes! Sorry to hear things are the greatest, but I know they will get better.

Anniversary

• Options
    Whats a marriage without some sort of rollercoaster ride? You got through it together and that is all that matters. It'll happen more throughout the rest of your lives together.

Glad you are back!

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    Hi shoes.  Sorry it's been a rough start, I know how that is.  Terrible.  *hugs*  Glad you are back and things are stablizing for you.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Hi Shoes! Glad to see you back around here, and glad your relationship issues are working out. Please stick around this time. News from my end: I'm thinking about dyeing my hair red for fall. We've had, like, 2 cool days and already I have Fall Fever. Thoughts?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hello-my-name-is-shoeslong-probably-rambling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4d1e6e35-575e-43cc-9060-da826ee42722Post:622d1c24-b26e-4926-8a95-0aaa1c61593a">Re:Hello, my name is Shoes...long, probably rambling</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Shoes! Glad to see you back around here, and glad your relationship issues are working out. Please stick around this time. News from my end: I'm thinking about dyeing my hair red for fall. We've had, like, 2 cool days and already I have Fall Fever. Thoughts?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... how red are we talking?
  • Options
    Ooh, if you're handing out hair advice, I'm still considering a chop, or potentially a warm brown, but not too much darker than where I am now.  Thoughts?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hello-my-name-is-shoeslong-probably-rambling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4d1e6e35-575e-43cc-9060-da826ee42722Post:c28d78f4-832c-451e-b93f-92c22e293e66">Re: Hello, my name is Shoes...long, probably rambling</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, if you're handing out hair advice, I'm still considering a chop, or potentially a warm brown, but not too much darker than where I am now.  Thoughts?
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I need pics.
  • Options
    Elle, I think your blonde suits you well, but I'm all for you adding red highlights.
  • Options
    Not crazy red. A picture of Emma Stone was my inspiration. I would PIP it but I'm on my phone. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a semiperm box color from the drugstore to try it out, and then going to the salon to do it for real if I like it.
  • Options
    we've missed you around here, shoes!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Hello, my name is Shoes...long, probably rambling:[QUOTE]Elle, I think your blonde suits you well, but I'm all for you adding red highlights. Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

Oh, I think so, too. I love being blonde and I don't think I could ever get away from it for more than a few months, but I'm kind of craving a change for a little while, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    Hi Shoes!  Glad to see you're back :) 

I don't think there's anything abnormal about some stress during a marriage sometimes :)  That's totally normal. 

Hope the work stuff chills out a bit!  Work stress just like takes over your life some time, that's bad news :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Shoes!! Your back!! We've missed you around here! Sorry to here about the rough start but I'm glad it's smoothing out now.
    Got any pictures to spam us with from Hawaii?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I can relate to a bumpy start in marraige... but I'm sure you will get through it. :::going back to lurking here and there:::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards