Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thank goodness I am ALIVE!

I ventured off to work this morn when there was nothing on the ground. I normally drive about ten min to work. Took me almost an hour to get home this afternoon. There were times that I have to keep myself from completely losing it and stopping in the middle of the interstate. I at one point had only a small hole on the windshield that I could see out of. I should have stayed home. anyone else vinture out today?

I hope you all are staying safe and warm where you are!

Re: Thank goodness I am ALIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate bad weather, it wasn't bad here though.  We just had rain here, but glad that it didn't get the best of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for not dying! Would you hate me if I said I am craving another big snowstorm? I want it to snow on a weekend when BF and I don't have to work. I want a winter wonderland and I want us to make a snowman and drink hot (potentially spiked) beverages. Let's go, mama nature!
  • Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    edited December 2011
    I told BF he and I are not going to work tomorrow and he said we have to Frown
  • Options
    luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was in the negatives here. Around -37 with wind chill I do believe and my car wouldn't start this morning...so no school for me! I do have to work tonight though so hopefully it will start.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This weather is awful! I'm glad you are safely home!

I teach at 3 universities, and 2 out of the 3 were closed today. I canceled my class at the third university. It is now doing this awful, rainy, icy, snowy mix. Here's hoping they cancel school again tomorrow!

I might wear my pj's inside out and do a snow day dance before I go to bed :)
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ladies I hope that you all stay warm and safe.  Its just crazy to hear about snow so bad that you guys are stuck at home or spending insane amounts of time just to get home.  I say this as I am wearing flip flops and capri pants looking out the window at a clear blue sky with a slight breeze.  I am in awe that you ladies can handle the freak snowstorms.  I salute you!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-goodness-am-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e54e20f-696a-40ef-a893-d0e529c83fdePost:25113f05-94d4-4df8-89c8-a5611ecbdfd5">Re: Thank goodness I am ALIVE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I told BF he and I are not going to work tomorrow and he said we have to
    Posted by meamolly[/QUOTE]

Uh... if you don't feel safe driving, don't go!  I would be seriously pissed if my BF told me I "had to" do anything, especially something that made me uncomfortable or nervous about my safety. 

Specifically, he'd be in for an earful about what exactly I "have to" and "don't have to" do.

No snow here (obviously), but they've decided to tear up the road in front of my building, so my commute has doubled (it was a ridiculously easy commute to start with, so it's still not bad, but it's annoying to have to leave 15 minutes earlier because Miami drivers can't figure out how to merge).  Also, something has happened to my car so that now when I go down the parking garage at my building, I bump slightly the front undercarriage of the bumper at the bottom of each ramp.  So that's super annoying, especially as I have to park on the 6th floor - that means 12 ramps.

Anniversary

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It was -24 degrees with wind chill this morning, but I still had class. They sent out an e-mail saying that it was the same as if it were just under 32. I'm home now though and it is cozy and warm here :)

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not getting the snow until tomorrow, so I'll let you know if I'm still alive tomorrow evening. I'm not going to be a happy camper if my school makes me go in tomorrow.

Glad to hear you're safe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    edited December 2011
    well I dont know about him but it just isnt going to happen until they dig us out. main roads are first to get plowed and my apt complex does not like to hire anyone to take care of the snow and ice.
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My co-workers and I are all hoping for a snow day tomorrow. It's supposed to start here in the next few hours. *fingers crossed*
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to work, pharmacies don't close. I did have a lot of trouble, i passed 8 people this morning on the roads, 5 of which were stuck. I also had a lot of fun trying to get out my front door!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-goodness-am-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e54e20f-696a-40ef-a893-d0e529c83fdePost:8d5906fa-6281-4699-b524-7d04c68e5c92">Re: Thank goodness I am ALIVE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This weather is awful! I'm glad you are safely home!  I teach at 3 universities, and 2 out of the 3 were closed today. I canceled my class at the third university. It is now doing this awful, rainy, icy, snowy mix. Here's hoping they cancel school again tomorrow!<strong>  I might wear my pj's inside out and do a snow day dance before I go to bed :)</strong>
    Posted by Ember01[/QUOTE]

<div> Ice cubes in the toilet work too! My mother was a teacher when I was growing up and I think that worked the best ;)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We got 10 cm last night.  It wasn't too bad but it was a bunch to shovel this morning.  We also have a wind and snowfall warning today, schools in the province are cancelled andddd we're due for 25-45 cm of snow between now and this evening.  My snow dance worked;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't seem too bad here... but I still got my snow day because schools cancelled the buses!  :D

Stay safe everyone!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I need to do a snow dance. My electricity went out this morning and its not even snowing! I feel like I have been ripped off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    still frozen shut here in the house.  we face north so our doors and garages are frozen shut...  my dad is out there right now trying to dig us out.  we're on snow day #2 and i'm anxious to get out of the house!!  it's supposed to get to -4 F tonight so nothing is going to melt! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards