Not Engaged Yet

EEk! NWR

So as I sit here and read I hear this noise coming from the kitchen. I turn around to see a mouse run across the kitchen floor. Anyone know of a humane way to catch a mouse..err without touching it or killing it? Before my dog gets a hold of it??
When is my wedding

Re: EEk! NWR

• deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a mouse that lives in our storage closet. My dog actually pushes food near the crack of the door for it. It's super cute. lol

But for the mouse in BF's mom's house we used this:

We had been trying to catch it with gardening gloves on and a cup, but that didn't work because it was way too fast. We set up three and managed to catch it in one and just released it in the backyard. We used some of my hamster's food.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so cute! I only wish my dog would do that. But she HATES mice and goes crazzzzy when she sees one. I'm definitely going to try that, hopefully it works! TYVM!
    When is my wedding
  • edited December 2011
    i don;t know a humane way to get rid of them. but i stepped on one in our storage closet last week! nearly scared myself to death.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A mouse ran across my living room the other day.  I screamed and told FBD to "GET THAT FUCKER!" Then ran to the bedroom and locked myself in.

He didn't get it.  Neither did the pugs.  I'm buying a mouse trap because I'm heartless like that.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We had a really bad mouse problem last winter. We tried humane traps, but none of them worked.  My cat caught like seven.  Then we got the snappies... and they got a few (it was dreadful to hear the noise).  Then we went on vacation and put poison out. I was finding droppings in my bed...
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! And when my cat didn't kill one, when it started to play dead, I put a bowl over it. Then when one of the men got home.. they took them outside. They probably came back in later and ended up in a snappy, but I felt like it was the right thing to do.
    Anniversary
  • breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Catching mice... Thank god men are good for something!

Just kidding... (or am I?)

One thing I can recommend is when you catch one, don't just let it outside because it will find it's way back in. Take it a little further away
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a camp counselor in high school, and my cabin had 8 year old girls.  The cabin had a separate little room for the two counselors, and a big room with bunkbeds for the campers.  One night, I saw the back end of a mouse hiding under the door between the counselor's room and the main cabin.  The girls had just gone to sleep and gotten quiet, so I knew that one or two were probably still awake and would scream if they saw it, and the last thing I needed was twelve screaming girls, crying for their Moms.  So i didn't even think - with my left hand, I opened the door to the outside, and with my right I grabbed the tail of the mouse and swung it out the door.  The thing went flying across the porch and landed in the bushes.  I went and washed my hands and never told anyone at camp about it because I didn't want anyone freaking about mice (my kids were squeamish - I got called in to kill every Daddy Longlegs and grasshopper that wandered into the cabin).

Anniversary

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You ladies sound more humane than my roomate who found a mouse in the cabinet.  Actually my dog heard it barked and my roomie went to go see what was up, found a mouse and went and got his pellet rifle and took shots at it.  I came home to all of this mess and started thinking I needed to get a new roomie.  Bah....
  • edited December 2011
  • coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_eek-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4faa9d3b-2769-4ddf-8499-3ae31be0d705Post:2a3f7045-7ad0-4a2d-aab0-13be1b128741">Re: EEk! NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend sent this to me a little while ago <a href="http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/world/story/8371919/" rel="nofollow">http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/world/story/8371919/</a>
    Posted by CWill16[/QUOTE]

OH EMM GEE. I cant' even find the words..
    When is my wedding
  • edited December 2011
    i agree that the humane traps don't work very well, 2 years ago my parents and sister and i moved into a house with mice, we tried the humane traps. they failed.
    so we got the snappy one and caught like 100 in a weekend. we also used poison. my sister was having allergic reactions to them when they crawed across her bed, and i was having troube sleeping because i was freaking out. and i used to be a semi-farm girl
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards