Not Engaged Yet
Options

Irene Aftermath (PIP)

We were pretty fortunate as far as damage goes (our basement flooded & a few things were ruined but nothing super important) & our car was fine because we parked it far enough up the street.  A tree on my block was broken in half.  Mother Nature absolutely amazes me sometimes.  Here are some pics...

View of the tree down from my front steps

Checking it out

Whoa!

Basement apartment across the street... Such a shame

Downtown Jersey City

Anyone else have pics from the storm??

Re: Irene Aftermath (PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011

Wow! Irene barely hit Boston. There are a few big trees down in the South End though. I'll post pics tonight!

Rampaging bears are the answer to all of our cultural missteps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow - I can't believe Jersey City!
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I'm glad things are mostly okay for you guys.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That looks like Nashville after the floods last year :(.

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    No pictures here (mainly because we came back from our mandatory evac after most damage had been cleared) but...I have one question: how the HECK did my dad drive through JC last night to get back to work after being evacuated to NY (the state, not the city)?

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Glad you are ok.

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_irene-aftermath-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:571541c8-b3c9-4140-841e-7898efbd2473Post:51d76d50-5bbd-4990-b0c8-371a039b2fa1">Re: Irene Aftermath (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]No pictures here (mainly because we came back from our mandatory evac after most damage had been cleared) but...I have one question: how the HECK did my dad drive through JC last night to get back to work after being evacuated to NY (the state, not the city)?
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

<div>I think the water actually cleared out here pretty quickly. The flooding on our street was totally gone by the late afternoon.  I work in JC also, right on the waterfront & all the streets here are clear too, it's like nothing happened!! </div>

• Options
    amsmith1989amsmith1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A lot of roads near creeks in my area look like this...kind of ridiculous.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Graduation tickers image
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I feel bad for the people in that basement apartment! I'm glad to hear most of the damage has been minor... stay safe out there though, there may still be downed power lines and never, ever drive through standing water. </end PSA>

:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you guys are okay!!
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow! it's crazy seeing all these pictures! glad it didn't do more damage though
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    glad to hear everything is ok!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is incredible! Glad to hear you guys are ok with no major house damage. Storms like this are so devastating... but since AZ never gets flooding that bad it is hard to fathom.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad I live in an area where we don't get many severe storms, and we don't really get flash floods. We can have the odd tornado, but they're not usually deadly, and we can get some bad rainstorms that will cause basement flooding, but never anything huge like that. We get some pretty bad floods in the spring, but we know well in advance they're coming so anyone being affected can get their valuables out and there's not usually many lives lost. Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes etc seem so much worse than what we get. My thoughts are with all of you who have been affected by the hurricane...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards