Not Engaged Yet

Ask Me Anything!

2»

Re: Ask Me Anything!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5767f3e9-018f-4d4c-ab72-8c2cab7f1eebPost:61fca351-ac3c-43c8-9686-c6dae94e89f8">Re: Ask Me Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask Me Anything! : That sounds super good! I don't know why my link didn't work. They are called Chipotle Chicken Fajitas. You cover the chicken in chipotle en adobo and then slice up bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook it all together and throw it in a tortilla and it's amazing :) The only thing that is annoying is any recipe that calls for chipotle en adobo doesn't have you use very much but there is only one size of can we can find to buy it in. So we have a whole a list of recipes we can use when we buy them.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]
    That sounds good!  That would be annoying.  Can you order it online? 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Hi!  Not sure if anyone is still around...

Ravenray, are you getting a gift for your husband for your anniversary, or is the trip your gift to each other?

If you could change one thing about your husband, what would it be?

Also, if you are not too busy with school, have you read anything good for pleasure lately?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5767f3e9-018f-4d4c-ab72-8c2cab7f1eebPost:827a0edc-7c52-4221-887b-0b26defc822b">Re: Ask Me Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  Not sure if anyone is still around... Ravenray, are you getting a gift for your husband for your anniversary, or is the trip your gift to each other? If you could change one thing about your husband, what would it be? Also, if you are not too busy with school, have you read anything good for pleasure lately?
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]
    <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:normal;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I'm still around!</span><span style="font-size:12pt;font-family:'Times New Roman', serif;"></span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;"> </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I am not getting him anything. Maybe a card but we are such a tight budget that this trip is the gift in itself.  That and lots of sex.</span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;"> </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I would change his absent mind-ness when it comes to the apartment.  He leaves all the cupboard doors open yet shuts the bathroom door after he leaves.  It drives me crazy.  Lol  Or maybe his lack of desire to talk on the phone…. Hmm probably the first one since it makes me crazy while the second one I can deal with.  </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;"> </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">Hmmm Yes I did read something I loved.  I recently read Beauty by Robin Mckinnley, Deerskin by Robin Mckinnley both of which I really enjoyed and highly recommend.  The first one is a beautiful fractured fairy tale.  The second one is a sort of fantasy novel about dealing with traumatic experiences but it's a love story too.  </span></p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5767f3e9-018f-4d4c-ab72-8c2cab7f1eebPost:b3664037-9fdf-413a-b34b-03a762a0655d">Re: Ask Me Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask Me Anything! : First off CONGRATS on getting married in two weeks!  You are going to have a wonderful and beautiful day!  I can't wait for pictures!    A couple of things, though I am not really sure if they are going to apply to your situation though!  I would have just let the best man run the computer with the music.  We had this guy who we asked to announce us and at one point we had asked him to run the computer but he thought he had to be the full on DJ (find the music and stuff) so he said no to that part.  However on the day of he decided that he wanted to do it and he completely change the music list that H spent 14 hours working on and putting together.  He would also change songs in the middle of the song.  Sigh.  I wish I had asked him to stop.  Lesson: don't be afraid to ask someone to stop on your wedding day, as long as it is not rude. lol   The other thing is my photographer.  Well she got stuck on the other side of the country and did show up to my wedding.  Her husband and some random lady showed up and did their best, but I was really disappointed. If I had known ahead of time (like the day before) I would have found someone else to do it, or at least tried.  My pictures are not what I wanted them to be, though I do have so great ones.     I really stressed out about where people were going to park, that I was going to be late, and that the stuff at the reception wasn't going to get done (like lighting the candles).  I didn't need to stress out about it.  Things got done, everything worked out, I didn't need to stress out about that stuff so much.  So don't sweat the little things, everything will come together.  Oh and if something goes wrong, just roll with it.  I had a lot of things go wrong but there was nothing I could do about it so I just went with it.     For our honeymoon we went to Germany and worked on an organic farm for three months.  In that time we went to Berlin, Rothenberg, Stugartt, France, Austria, Leipzig, and Heidelberg.  It was a great time!    Where are you going for your honeymoon?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  :)  I am going to do my best to take your advice and not stress about the small stuff.  I'm so sorry about your photographer...its crud like that that has me stressed.  I just finished the seating chart and I swear I'm not touching it again no matter who changes their mind about coming.  :)

We are going to Le Blanc for our honeymoon in Cancun.  It is the nicest all-inclusive in Mexico in my opinion.  Not a big trip but we are going back to India in November for a wedding party there to celebrate our marriage with FI's family that couldn't make the wedding.  :)  That should be fun.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5767f3e9-018f-4d4c-ab72-8c2cab7f1eebPost:9247a9f4-f3db-48b4-a22d-6eab72d1d7f8">Re: Ask Me Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask Me Anything! : Thank you!  :)  I am going to do my best to take your advice and not stress about the small stuff.  I'm so sorry about your photographer...its crud like that that has me stressed.  I just finished the seating chart and I swear I'm not touching it again no matter who changes their mind about coming.  :) We are going to Le Blanc for our honeymoon in Cancun.  It is the nicest all-inclusive in Mexico in my opinion.  Not a big trip but we are going back to India in November for a wedding party there to celebrate our marriage with FI's family that couldn't make the wedding.  :)  That should be fun.
    Posted by chigal81[/QUOTE]
    Everything will work out :)  Ya I understand about the big stuff being stressful but try not to worry about it too much.  It was a fluke for me and I still had an amazing wedding day :)<div>
    </div><div>Oh that sounds like a blast both Mexico and India!  You are going to have a great time! </div>

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards