Not Engaged Yet
Options

Snow Fail.

Oh Goodness...
A pretty large storm is predicted tomorrow night- going into Wednesday. It's going to snow...again- in Colorado. Last time it snowed I thought it was AWESOME! Because it was a Saturday- and I didn't have to go anywhere.

Now I have to drive down a pretty substantial hill to work. I've been told people often have accidents all the way down that hill when it snows. ::sigh::

I'm TOTALLY freaked out. I'm getting new tires put on tomorrow morning and I'm going to buy some big bags of kitty litter to put in my trunk. Ugh. I wish I wasn't so nervous.

So in the meantime...I present you snow fails: 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Snow Fail.

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    oh goodness is right :)

I think I feel the same way about snow as you do.  I grew up in Jersey so it was great cause we got off school.  But now that I live in a place where people don't know how to drive in the snow (Virginia, lol) it's absolute craziness if there's even a flurry here.

Is there any sort of public transportation you can use to get to work?  I used to take the bus whenever it snowed majorly when I was in school because I kinda suck at driving in the snow too :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will be ok, just go slow and relax. Also, I'm maybe kinda jealous. I love snow (I'm not ready for it here yet though...) But still, its very pretty. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't let it scare you too much. I remember my first large storm in Michigan when I moved from Florida and I was panicked having never driven in snow before. Just take it slow and don't try to force yourself through. I would definitely look into buying tire chains. There are easy to put on and help alot. You kind of get used to it after awhile but remember most accidents are because people are trying to go too fast in the first place. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way! YGPM back btw :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks...

Liv- You're right- I would be feeling a lot better if I had a nicer car. My toyota solara has been really angsty lately and has been acting up.
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just remember to take your time and don't rush.

Also, if it is anything like it is here, people forget how to drive in snow for the first little bit. So, watch out for others too.
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Minesotan. Snow is no big deal. :) Just drive slow, and you'll be fine.

Here is me next to my car when it got snowed in last year! It took SUCH a long time to dig that out.

Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_snow-fail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5808df5c-d7fe-4d2c-a402-87cf08b702a9Post:96646183-0284-446c-ba28-3778c989d678">Re: Snow Fail.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Minesotan. Snow is no big deal. :) Just drive slow, and you'll be fine. <strong>Here is me next to my car when it got snowed in last year!</strong> It took SUCH a long time to dig that out.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

EEEP! At least I found my snow boots!
  • Options
    karlee4everkarlee4ever member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how that feels lunar! I have lived in texas for 3 yrs and when i go back to wisconsin for christmas im terrified to drive. Give yourself plenty of time so youre not rushed. You can do iiiittttttt :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_snow-fail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5808df5c-d7fe-4d2c-a402-87cf08b702a9Post:3382ada2-fc34-4efd-ac51-982f346250b2">Re: Snow Fail.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Snow Fail. : EEEP! At least I found my snow boots!
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Yep, you'll be needing those this winter! :)
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's so funny. I just looked on the Weather channel website for the Denver area and it's 80 right now and there's a winter storm watch in effect. lol

ETA: Just take it easy driving. I make it through Michigan winters with a Rear wheel drive stick shift Mustang. If I can do that, anyone can!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Vermonter at heart, so I have the skills needed to drive in snow. Because of that, I'm not concerned about my ability to drive in snow. The OTHER people, however... they make me not want to go out.

Even if I have a day off that's snowy, I'll have to go to work anyway because I'm one of three (out of seven) nurses who knows enough about snow driving to make it safely. My darling New Beetle that I've driven for the ten years that I've been driving is amazing in snow~. I just got new tires put on but have to have like $850 in suspension work done before the weather gets sh*tty :|.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards