Not Engaged Yet
Options

Would you do this?

Here's a fun Friday article for you ladies!

I just saw this on Yahoo! and was wondering if anyone would let their guy dress them for a week. I think I would, I trust FI pretty well in the clothing department.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/would-you-ever-let-your-guy-pick-out-your-clothes-i-did-for-a-week-2482587#photoViewer=9

Re: Would you do this?

• Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw that last night. I don't think he did that bad (except for that last day, with the pigtails. Lord help me!).  The only thing he seemed to mess up on was the fact that her office is super casual and he overdressed her for the environment on a few days. 

Having said that, hell no would I let my guy dress me. Everything would be too tight, or too short, or mismatched. I hate to say this, but he can barely dress himself and that process usually involves finding whatever is clean on the floor to wear. Love him, but we just have totally different styles. I'll let him pick out something naughty for me to wear at night, but day to day, he can't touch that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd let FI dress me.  Mostly because my closet is full of cute, idiot-proof stuff.
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I would let BF dress me. I actually think he would do a really good job.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would totally let BF dress me. When I interviewed for my current job almost a year ago, I was nervous and felt fat and not at all in the mood to do the necessary shopping for an interview outfit, but he insisted on taking me out and buying me something that made me feel confident and beautiful. I basically stayed in the dressing room while he brought me stuff, and I ended up in an outfit of his choosing - white fitted button down with just enough cleave, grey pencil skirt, cute black vest and adorable black slingbacks with little bows on the front. I must say he dressed me better than I would have dressed myself at that point.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd let him do it.  I would, however, have to pick out my own shoes.  He refuses to even look at that pile.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely let FI dress me. I think he'd do a great job actually. He'd also probably  dress me better than I dress myself. This would particularly be the case if it meant buying new clothes.
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... I'd try it for a week for fun. But I don't think BF would do it! I'll ask him before we go out what I should wear and he refuses to pick anything out!
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw an article similar to this a few months back. I think it would actually be fun, and I also think BF would probably do a good job. We have similar fashion sense (we frequently match, just wearing the boy and girl version of the same outfit, in the same colours - he finds it terribly embarassing, I just find it funny). With that said, I expect he might pair some things I wouldn't have thought of, and that he'd probably do a great job of it. Accessorizing he wouldn't do so well at though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BF could dress me better than I dress myself, but I'm too stubborn to let him be right.

He picked the top to go with my suit.  I didn't like it when he picked it out.  It looks amazing.  damn him.

He has expensive taste, though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would let my BF dress me too. He could even go into a huge clothing store and probably pick out something that not only would look decent, but that I would mostly like. I let him dress me for a job interview once, except for shoes, and he did pretty good.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha... BF picked out my outfit this morning! I was being lazy and told him to pick because I didn't feel like it. It is very cute but probably a little sexier than I would have worn if anyone else was in the office today lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI helps me pick my clothes out quite often, he has a really good eye and most of what he picks out is really cool :)

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5c75e45f-f53a-40cd-b57f-ae5da4cdd7f6Post:77f985e8-2bea-4782-ba49-82247d0b9cd9">Re: Would you do this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My BF could dress me better than I dress myself,</strong> but I'm too stubborn to let him be right. He picked the top to go with my suit.  I didn't like it when he picked it out.  It looks amazing.  damn him. He has expensive taste, though. 
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

This. I am SO unfashionable. I think he would actually think it's fun- , but I doubt he would want to spend the time doing it.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would trust my BF to dress me I think as long as he doesn't have to buy me new clothes and go with what I already have.  I trust him enough, it would be kind of fun actually and vice versa too.

Anniversary

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    It would be wicked boring to dress my boyfriend. He has 5 pairs of slacks, about 12 dress shirts- and every single one of those shirts has a matching tie that hangs on the hanger with the shirt. He's pretty organized.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably not...I'm too picky. Also, I am NOT a morning person. I drag myself out of bed later than I should and get dressed as fast as I can. I'm sure as heck not getting up early enough for him to pick out stuff. Also, he's kind of a zombie until he has his coffee, so he'd probably prefer not to mess with this idea.

Okay, so he could probably lay out clothes for me the night before...hm.

Yeah, still no, because of the picky thing. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards