Not Engaged Yet
Options

Vacation Spots!

So my grandfather was talking to my sister and I last night, and asked if we had any ideas on where to take a vacation in the summer.

It probably won't be a *huge* vacation (staying in North America most likely- so think Canada or US). He asked us if we had any ideas on where we'd like to go, and I thought I'd ask around if you have any suggestions of cool places to go.

Last year we went out west to Alberta (in Canada), and I'll also be taking a trip to Quebec this summer so I don't want to go there (plus we went there 2 years ago).

Re: Vacation Spots!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    *coughcough* NYC *coughcough*
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nova Scotia.  http://www.novascotia.com/en/home/default.aspx

Also: I love me a roadtrip down the Eastern Seaboard...NS,NB,Maine,NH,Mass...good times and LOTS to see.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What kind of vacation? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to Isla Culebra last summer and it was AMAZING!!! It’s a small island off of Puerto Rico. There isn't a lot of night life, but the beaches are beautiful! BF and I went to Playa Flamenco and I felt like I was in a movie!! (It's rated one of travel channels best beaches) We were only there for a day, sadly.

If you are a relaxing on the beach or an outdoorsy girl here is the island's site: http://www.islaculebra.com/index.htm

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha BF and I are currently considering either NYC or Eastern Canada (road trip from Ontario to Quebec and the maritimes). So, my 2 suggestions are already covered. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There's some pretty fun stuff to do in Texas...
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    Chicago is awesome in the summer, if you're interested in visiting the midwest :) There are soooo many fun festivals to go to, and many of them are free. 
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I wanna go to Nova Scotia cause Paige's pics are so dang amazing.  I'm jealous.

I think we're going to Chicago because there are 2 baseball fields there, and our current sports goal is to go on the stadium tour and attend a baseball game at all of the baseball stadiums in the MLB :) 

We went to Boston last year and that was super fun too.

I also want to go to some sort of beachy type place near Chicago, but I kinda think that's impossible, because...well, it's in the middle of the country.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    edited December 2011
    Boston. That is all.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    When I was a teenager, I spent my summers in the 1000 Islands (on the border of northern NY and Ontario, Canada). It's heaven on earth... water, trees, fishing, water-skiing, relaxing, sun, etc.

I'd look for rentals on Wellesley Island (you can drive onto the island), especially Thousand Island Park. PM if you want more info!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:6e7c97b3-1eb9-4d82-b63f-6ce25b980a56">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanna go to Nova Scotia cause Paige's pics are so dang amazing.  I'm jealous. I think we're going to Chicago because there are 2 baseball fields there, and our current sports goal is to go on the stadium tour and attend a baseball game at all of the baseball stadiums in the MLB :)  We went to Boston last year and that was super fun too. I<strong> also want to go to some sort of beachy type place near Chicago, but I kinda think that's impossible, because...well, it's in the middle of the country.</strong>
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]
    Not true!!! We have beaches!! Like, over 20 public beaches along the lake front in the city. The beaches are really nice on Lake Michigan! Andplusalso - you gotta go to Wrigley and have a Chicago dog and an Old Style on a hot July day. . . it can't be beat. 
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:18e11a70-e3b4-419f-a210-90e998a59227">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vacation Spots! : Not true!!! We have beaches!! Like, over 20 public beaches along the lake front in the city. The beaches are really nice on Lake Michigan! Andplusalso - you gotta go to Wrigley and have a Chicago dog and an Old Style on a<strong> hot July day</strong>. . . it can't be beat. 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

I refuse to believe that there is such a thing as a hot day in Chicago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You know, Minnesota is way more awesome than everyone else's ideas.

When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:771a1110-09eb-43b4-9fef-2c004a0b0d80">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vacation Spots! : I refuse to believe that there is such a thing as a hot day in Chicago.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    Believe what you want, it is true though. <div>
    </div><div><a href="http://gochicago.about.com/od/chicago101thebasics/a/july.htm" rel="nofollow">http://gochicago.about.com/od/chicago101thebasics/a/july.htm</a></div>
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GPB, BF grew up moving, Penn, NJ, NY.  And has been wanting to take a road trip to see all his family around there.

Car for that long....ick....but I've never been to any of those places, so it would be nice to go.

BF landed a pretty decent bid in on a construction job and asked me where I wanted to go on vacation last night.  I have no idea. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:d9d2375c-f04b-4e8c-8b00-388efe62f58d">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vacation Spots! : Believe what you want, it is true though.  <a href="http://gochicago.about.com/od/chicago101thebasics/a/july.htm" rel="nofollow">http://gochicago.about.com/od/chicago101thebasics/a/july.htm</a>
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Haha that is NOT hot!!! Try 90 degrees with the humidity making it 101-112 in the summer in Arkansas. </div>
    When is my wedding
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    edited December 2011
    cschiano, I found out that chicago has beaches RIGHT after I posted that (durr)  go figure.  We probably will be out in July though, so yea, that sounds about right :)

and wrkn, BF and I did almost that same trek (obviously different relatives) about 2 years ago - it worked out really well and it was awesome to get him to meet all my (somewhat crazy) relatives - but we like road trips, since we're planning to drive to Chicago this summer (which may be insane, haha)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:26e7c786-07dc-4310-bf84-05ec9547c698">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vacation Spots! : Haha that is NOT hot!!! Try 90 degrees with the humidity making it 101-112 in the summer in Arkansas. 
    Posted by coastiegrl25[/QUOTE]
    reason #87 why I stay away from the South. 
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colorado!  It's beautiful, and there's literally every possible activity imaginable.  Plus for those over 21, it's got some of the best microbreweries in the country (daresay the world).  I can't wait to go visit my brother and his girlfriend (they moved out there this summer) and go to beer tastings and then go hiking and mountain biking and horseback riding and rock climbing and whitewater rafting and top it all off by a lazy float down the river in a tube with a floating cooler of bottles of that microbrew beer.

*Sigh*

Anniversary

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:ad2f2877-dce4-45f8-8780-b7e3ddbb724a">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Colorado!  It's beautiful, and there's literally every possible activity imaginable.  Plus for those over 21, it's got some of the best <strong>microbreweries </strong>in the country (daresay the world).  I can't wait to go visit my brother and his girlfriend (they moved out there this summer) and go to beer tastings and then go hiking and mountain biking and horseback riding and rock climbing and whitewater rafting and top it all off by a lazy float down the river in a tube with a floating cooler of bottles of that microbrew beer. *Sigh*
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Did someone say Five Barrels Pale Ale?  Mmmm.
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:ad2f2877-dce4-45f8-8780-b7e3ddbb724a">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Colorado!  It's beautiful, and there's literally every possible activity imaginable.  Plus for those over 21, it's got some of the best microbreweries in the country (daresay the world).  I can't wait to go visit my brother and his girlfriend (they moved out there this summer) and go to beer tastings and then go hiking and mountain biking and horseback riding and rock climbing and whitewater rafting and top it all off by a lazy float down the river in a tube with a floating cooler of bottles of that microbrew beer. *Sigh*
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, this for sure! CO is awesome. Way to make me homesick for my future home :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This could be just because we booked our trip just last week, but I vote Vegas.  There's tons of stuff to do and it really is fun for all ages if you go to the right (appropriate) places. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Not this past summer but the summer before, we were supposed to have my birthday (middle of May) bbq at the river but it rained, which was the last day it rained till September. Literally every single day between was over 100F. It was the first summer I lived here and it was so miserable.

The previous paragraph doesn't help my point, but I think you should come to San Antonio. There are a lot of fun things to do here. Or I would suggest the Cayman Islands. It's my favorite out of all of the islands I've been to.

• Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Uh, Vegas? Duh.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:6e7c97b3-1eb9-4d82-b63f-6ce25b980a56">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanna go to Nova Scotia cause Paige's pics are so dang amazing.  I'm jealous. <div>Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]
    Just you wait - I'll have more once spring comes! muahahahaha</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    edited December 2011
    Vancouver or Seattle would be fun. I've only been to Vancouver once, but their aquarium is awesome.

Seattle has lots of fun stuff--the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the waterfront & aquarium, and boating on Lake Union or Lake Washington (you can rent canoes from the University). I've always wanted to do the locks cruise. It leaves from the waterfront (Pier 66 or so) and goes through the locks, which is like a water elevator for boats. The locks are also fun to just go visit--there's a fish ladder and gardens.
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Grand Canyon?

Anniversary
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:26e7c786-07dc-4310-bf84-05ec9547c698">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vacation Spots! : Haha that is NOT hot!!! Try 90 degrees with the humidity making it <strong>101-112</strong> in the summer in Arkansas. 
    Posted by coastiegrl25[/QUOTE]

That's the average here from early May to late October...we have a solid 6 months of 100+ (110-115+ from June-August).  It's not that bad.  LOL.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:0839b8dd-8347-4b51-a45d-81732e6156b1">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Grand Canyon?
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

YES! THIS! COME TO ARIZONA!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vacation-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5d611dfa-c47f-4560-a9ab-df1ed32abb1bPost:31e22322-eeb5-4ff1-8ca7-529be18ee6bc">Re: Vacation Spots!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's some pretty fun stuff to do in Texas...
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards