Not Engaged Yet

Job Update

So Friday I went to my interviews. The first on was very short, 3 questions and it was  over. The second one was really hard. They really grilled me asking the same question multiple times in different ways. I started to get frustrated because I didn't know any other way to answer.

I got home exhausted and crashed onto our bed. About 2 hours later the Vice Principal of the school I have been working at called to see how things went. I told him I though they went just ok. So he said, "Katie, do you want to keep working at (name of our school)?" I said that first and foremost I want a teaching position. If I could do that at our school I would love to stay. He said he'd make some calls to clarify things and would get back to me.

He called me back about a half hour later. Basically the two schools I interviewed for are reorganizing because of low test scores. The schools decided to call all of the first year teachers and try to get them to go to these two schools. Two other first years that I know were at the interviews and they said the same thing happened to them where their schools knew nothing about us leaving. My VP said he received confirmation from personnel that I can choose to go to one of these other schools (if I'm offered a position) or I can decline an offer and stay at my school!

A whole bunch of stress and drama for no good reason. I'm really thankful for my new VP. He really did a lot of extra work for me so I can stay at my school which is extra impressive because I just met the man 3 weeks ago.

About 2 hours after I talked to my VP, he and the principal called me on speaker phone to ask me to co-teach next year with a special ed teacher so our classroom can be a model classroom for the district! A crazy stressful situation has turned into an amazing opportunity!

Thank you all for the support. It helps to be able to vent and get some different perspective. You ladies are the best!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Job Update

• edited December 2011
    Wow! That turned out even better than you hoped, didn't it? Awesome!

I'm so happy for you, and so glad you have a VP who is willing to work FOR you. That's wonderful.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats KD.  I'm really glad things have worked out so well!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Contrats.  Teaching jobs are hard to come by this year

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! It definitely worked about better than I thought it would! I had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be returning to my school. I'm so happy that I can now just focus on finishing up summer school and get ready for the fall!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KD, this is terrific news!! I'm really glad things turned out so well so quickly!
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is great news, and what a wonderful opportunity! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that stress, but yay for things working out for the better! :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    That's great news!  Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    I am sun! Now I'm waiting to see if I was offered either of the jobs I interviewed for. I will politely decline but I kind of want to see if I would have gotten either.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great to hear, KD! I'm sorry about the stress you had to go thru but at least in the end it will be worth it;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! And ask them multiple different ways if they would like to offer you the job. Just for kicks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_job-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5ffeb6b8-8f94-485f-9595-d78eecc31710Post:48cdc6b4-b47a-4043-959b-c88bd898cba0">Re: Job Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!!! And ask them multiple different ways if they would like to offer you the job. Just for kicks. 
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

That would be hilarious!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats, KD! What a great opportunity! =)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is such great news , and it's all because I firmly beleive you deserve it and have proven yourself to be above and beyond the pack. The world needs more dedicated people like you , I am so happy for you !!
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Thats awesome news! I'm so happy that this stressful situation actually turned into an amazing opportunity for you!

• edited December 2011
    That is awesome!! Sorry you were so stressed about it but at least it was well worth it in the end! Enjoy what's left of your summer (even though I think you're doing summer school?)
    imageimageimageimage
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's fantastic news KD! Also, it must be incredibly encouraging to have a VP like that!
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is wonderful news!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards