Not Engaged Yet
Options

If you could change one thing...

...about yourself, what would it be? Nothing physical.

I would change and not be so darn shy. I hate it. I get really nervous to talk to people, even just small talk. I'm just glad I'm out of school so teachers/professors can't tell me I'm talking too quietly anymore!  I try to take steps to get outside my comfort zone, but it's not pleasant and I really don't like attention drawn to me; I much rather prefer being a wallflower! lol

Just a random question because I'm bored and just had to go talk to my neighbors, that I'd never met until now.

(Just posted this on the wrong board, lol. Oops. Trying again!)
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: If you could change one thing...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Easy... My anxiety! I am actually too anxious that I will get hooked on my Xanex if I take it too much that I don't take it when I need it. How is that for a catch 22?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would change my insecurities and my self esteem.  It really gets in the way sometimes and I know the BF hates it. :(
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I talk too much. I would change that so that BF wouldn't have to tune me out so often, and so that I wouldn't leave parties and have to think 'Did I even let anyone else get a word in edgewise?'
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate my stress too. I get stressed WAY too quick. I know it hurts me. Worrying is not good for me!!! But then I worry about how bad worrying is, and it's a downward spiral... :(
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm..I would say my affection level. I'm not sure why but I have a hard time being emotional and touchy feely with my friends and family. (I am with BF though)..and sometimes people think it's because I don't care, which I do. I just don't like feeling vulnerable I guess?
    5/27/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a people pleser to a fault.  I would change that.  I hate being walked on but I just have it in me to please everyone.
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaycee: I actually am dealing with that too. I don't understand why I can be super cuddly with BF, but have a hard time giving my brother a hug.

jdrose: That's my BF too. He's also trying to please others and ends up letting himself take least priority.

Polkadot: That spiraling effect would be hard. I do that with eating since I'm on a diet. I mess up so I feel bad and pig out, then I feel bad for pigging out, so I pig out again, lol.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's an anxiety thing for me too. I worry about everything, it's bad. I am getting a bit better, as I become happier in life as a whole, but I'm still an anxious person. My Mom has some major anxiety issues, and I worry that I'll end up like that (which, clearly doesn't help anything). BF has been a fairly big help to me in dealing with this though. He is very frank with me and reminds me when I'm being ridiculous. I appreciate that more than he probably realizes. 

I also tend to be exceptionally snarky to some people in real life without even realizing it. It's just my nature, and my good friends know that, but unfortunately people I don't know well don't know that and it sometimes turns them off. It's a hard thing to work on though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ugh.  I have several.  If I could change just one, it would take me several days to decide which.

1.  (Possible TMI, but...) I wish I were more sexual.  Honestly, I could probably go the rest of my life without any sexytime and not feel deprived.  I do enjoy it when the timing is right, but it's not something I really prioritize.

2.  Social awkwardness.  I have tons.  Enough said, I think.

3.  I can procrastinate like a champ.  You don't know anyone who can avoid doing actual "stuff" like I can.  I hate being that way, but I've found it really hard to change.

4.  I'm a slob.  I manage to keep things in a semblance of order for the benefit of the two others I currently share my apartment with, but typically it's a disaster area.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I wasn't so loud.

I'm so loud....

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I was more patient.  I have ZERO patience.  I also am rather intolerant of stupidity too.  I should get better about that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I over analyze and over think things too much, especially with the BF.  It can be time consuming and make me upset for no reason.  

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards