Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Questions.

1.  You say "knock knock," I say "who's there?"  What comes next?  (i.e. give me your favorite knock knock joke.)

2.  If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to.  You can't pick your SO's last name.

3.  Do you get grouchy when you're hungry?

4.  Is there a word you just can't pronounce (or insist on pronouncing incorrectly even though you know better)?

5.  What's your least favorite household chore?

Re: Thursday Questions.

• Options
    1.  I say "interrupting starfish" and then shove my hand in your face when you try to speak next.

2.  Potter.  No lie.

3.  Not really, but FI does.  He turns into such a whiny bitch.

4.  I can never decide how the word "apricot" is supposed to start.  Long or short a?

5.  Dishes.
  • Options
    1.  You say "knock knock," I say "who's there?"  What comes next?  (i.e. give me your favorite knock knock joke.)
    Then I slap you and say the KGB we ask the questions here....I've been watching a lot of The Office lately.

2.  If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to.  You can't pick your SO's last name.
    Well since Elle took Potter I'm gonna say Weasley

Yup.

4.  Is there a word you just can't pronounce (or insist on pronouncing incorrectly even though you know better)?
    Chloroform

Dishes, I hate doing dishes.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Radio!
    Radio who?
    Radio not, here I come!

This is only funny to me because I read it in Kripke's voice from Big Bang Theory (the guy with the lisp).

Something Italian or German. My last name and soon-to-be last name are very bland.

You have no idea.

Veterinarian--not sure if it's a Pittsburgh thing but there are two pronunciations I always hear.

Dishes, hands down.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    1.  You say "knock knock," I say "who's there?"  What comes next?  (i.e. give me your favorite knock knock joke.) Orange.... Orange you happy I didn't say Banana (that would have followed several knock knock banana jokes)

2.  If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to.  You can't pick your SO's last name.   Merryweather.... first thing that popped in my head.

3.  Do you get grouchy when you're hungry?  Oh hell yeah, I will bite your head off.

4.  Is there a word you just can't pronounce (or insist on pronouncing incorrectly even though you know better)?    Specific.... I need to try at least 3 times before I get it right

5.  What's your least favorite household chore? Cleaning the bathroom, ie toilet and bath tub
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    1.  Nothing. I suck at knock knowck jokes.

2.  Baggins!! 

3. I love me some food and I start to get super grouchy when I'm hungry.

4. Last night I was reading aloud to fiance and he kept telling me I was pronouncing Hungary wrong. I liked how I said it better so I stuck with it.

5.  I hate hate hate washing dishes. I don't mind loading and unloading but I never want to hand wash them. I leave that for FI.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    1.  You say "knock knock," I say "who's there?"  What comes next?  (i.e. give me your favorite knock knock joke.) Olive.  Olive who? Olive you!

2.  If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to.  You can't pick your SO's last name. Awesome

3.  Do you get grouchy when you're hungry? Not really

4.  Is there a word you just can't pronounce (or insist on pronouncing incorrectly even though you know better)? Gesture.  I can never remember if it starts out as "guess" or "jest."  I know one is wrong but I always forget which one.

5.  What's your least favorite household chore? Folding laundry.  The sorting, washing and drying part is fine, but folding laundry is terrible.  This is why I just hang most of my clothes up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Me: Mikey
    You: Mikey who?
    Me: Mikey doesn't fit in the keyhole!

Bananahammock

Absolutely

Worcestershire Sauce... I say "Wor-sest-sh-sh-sh Sauce"

Kitty litter

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:6b2607e7-3e96-4285-88fb-ba05badc7ac4">Re: Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2.  If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to.  You can't pick your SO's last name. Something Italian or German. My last name and soon-to-be last name are very bland.
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

My last name is really bland too, I hate it. I'm excited to have BF's last name someday - it's German.

• Options
    Lynn stole my favorite knock knock joke.  I don't have another one.

I would pick O'Hara, like from Gone With the Wind.

sometimes it can depend how hungry and if my blood sugar is dropping

4.  Is there a word you just can't pronounce (or insist on pronouncing incorrectly even though you know better)?Not really, nothing tha comes to mind right.

I don't do many myself.  I hate cleaning the litter box.

Anniversary

• Options

Cash! Cash who? No thanks, but I'd like some peanuts!

Weasley. Fred and George FTW. That is all.

That's not even a question. I am a ruthless bitch when my blood sugar drops and I'm hungry.

rediculous - Re- DIC*K- I - lis : I choose to pronounce it this way - I'm well aware that it's not correct.

Vacuuming. Ironing. Putting away laundry. I don't have a problem doing the damn laundry - or even folding it. But putting it away is such a PITA.
  • Options
    Worcestershire! This is definitely one for me as well. I had an embarrassing moment as a waitress once with that word.

Beth, that's exciting! It's funny though because people with hard to pronounce last names probably feel the opposite.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:78d3f757-c6ac-43bd-a322-ecf6a92614eb">Re: Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Worcestershire! This is definitely one for me as well. I had an embarrassing moment as a waitress once with that word. Beth, that's exciting! It's funny though because people with <strong>hard to pronounce last names probably feel the opposite.
    </strong>Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

Nieuwenhuis.

No cheating.

Tell me how you would pronounce that
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:27173088-1952-4af4-a832-8482ac1b6a97">Re: Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Questions. : Nieuwenhuis. No cheating. Tell me how you would pronounce that
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

New-When-Hers? or Hues at the end? I have no idea.

People always pronounce BF's last name...which is sad because it's just pronounced phonetically.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:27173088-1952-4af4-a832-8482ac1b6a97">Re: Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Questions. : Nieuwenhuis. No cheating. Tell me how you would pronounce that
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Hahaha umm new-wen-hoose? or knee-wen-heese? No idea
    5/27/12
  • Options
    All you stole mine.  Hoars.

LaBBQ.  :)

Absolutely.  My mom used to make me eat cheese or peanut butter to counteract this.

Not that I can think of.  Sometimes I mix up English and German though, or flat out cannot come up with a word in any language, so there's that.

Trash.  It makes want to puke.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Cash
    Cash Who?
    No thanks, but I'd like some peanuts!

Officially, LaBBQ.

Yes, it's called "hangry."

Ambulance. I cannot say it.

Dishes. Definitely dishes.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    In Response to Re:Thursday Questions.:[QUOTE] If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to.nbsp; You can't pick your SO's last name.Bananahammock Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

As in... Princess Consuela?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:362e3eb4-f6b2-47b7-8821-7dac2f405b1d">Re: Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Questions. : Hahaha umm new-wen-hoose? or knee-wen-heese? No idea
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

LOL. No one ever can - It's BF's last name.

New-wen- hi- s

Took me forever to learn how to spell the damn thing
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:84d359aa-6855-4d8f-a46c-01a9792d4846">Re:Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Thursday Questions.: As in... Princess Consuela?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup, that's the one.</div>

• Options
    Everyone already took the only ones I know

I would choose to not have a last name. I would be like Cher and just be known by my first name.

Yep. I have to bring snacks with me in my purse because I get so cranky and miserable. BF hides snacks in the car just so I don't get hungry, he tries to prevent any grouchiness before it happens.

I'm with Bri on this one. I can absolutely not say Ambulance properly, and Binoculars. Those are the hardest words to say.

Dishes. They will sit in the sink for a week before I do them. Fortunately we have a dishwasher and everything goes in there.

• Options
    eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012

Interrupting cow, but now I love interrupting starfish better. Just reading that made me laugh. :)

Baker, Smith, Jones, etc. I have a Polish last name, so it would be awesome to have a last name I don't have to spell or pronounce.

Oh lord, yes. I always keep snacks in my purse when we travel, just in case we can't stop to eat on schedule. I turn into a raging, seething monster when my sugar gets low. BF can always tell when I'm cranky-cranky vs. hungry-cranky, mostly because I snap and growl at the stupidest things.

I talk like a Canadian, so anything with "ou" gives me trouble. I don't say "aboot", but it's damn close. I've tried so hard to say "about", but my mouth simply will not form the word.

For Worcestershire, it helps to think of it as "wooster-sure". Otherwise, my tongue trips over it.

Dishes and sweeping/vacuuming. BF does those, and I do everything else.
  • Options
    1. You say "knock knock," I say "who's there?" What comes next? (i.e. give me your favorite knock knock joke.)

http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

2. If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to. You can't pick your SO's last name.
    Orubeondo. It's my ex's last name- but I think it's awesome.

3. Do you get grouchy when you're hungry?

4. Is there a word you just can't pronounce (or insist on pronouncing incorrectly even though you know better)?
    I used to not be able to say buttons, but I think I'm pretty good at it now.

5. What's your least favorite household chore?
    I can't seem to ever get clean laundry put away.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Thursday Questions.:
    1.  You say "knock knock," I say "who's there?"  What comes next?  (i.e. give me your favorite knock knock joke.) Orange.

2.  If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to.  You can't pick your SO's last name. O'Donough, the old traditional way of spelling Donahue. So people stop jokingly calling me Phil.  

3.  Do you get grouchy when you're hungry? Yes, very. Just ask bf.

4.  Is there a word you just can't pronounce (or insist on pronouncing incorrectly even though you know better)?  L'Enfant. I pronouce it "Len-fant" apparently it's "Le-fant" Umm, where did the other letters go?

5.  What's your least favorite household chore? dishes. really hope I get better at them since the new house has a dishwasher.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Ahh Lunar I love the blogess, that post with the metal chicken had me cracking up and in tears.  I had to kill some time earlier this week and went to Barnes and Noble I began to read her book, it is hilarious.  I may have to go buy it.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:a5570b79-bee2-405d-bf33-1831ea6bcf27">Re: Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahh Lunar I love the blogess, that post with the metal chicken had me cracking up and in tears.  I had to kill some time earlier this week and went to Barnes and Noble I began to read her book, it is hilarious.  I may have to go buy it.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Yeah- it was on the bestseller's list before it was even released because of presales! I think I need to get it on my kindle....but I have like 5 other books I need to read first.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Interrupting cow.... MOOOOOOO (kinda similar to yours, Elle!)

St. Laurent. It was DH's grandfather's last name when he came to America.

Hell yes.

I don't think so, though I often get crap from people about how I say complimentary, elementary, and documentary (which a long 'a' at the end). I stand by the fact that the way I pronounce those words are correct in the dictionary. (ooh, see how dictionary has that long 'a'... mmm hmmm)

All of them. Hence my best girl Letitia visiting me once month.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:526324bc-9e92-4f13-acbe-59f265b2361b">Re: Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Questions. : Yeah- it was on the bestseller's list before it was even released because of presales! I think I need to get it on my kindle....but I have like 5 other books I need to read first.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]
    I actually just checked and am glad it's actually available on kindle.  I have a few other books I want to read too, but this one I may bump up the list.

Anniversary

• Options
    Boo.
    Boo Who?
    It is just a knock knock joke, no reason to cry about it.

Well, since we've got some Harry Potter themes going on here, I'll just be a rebel (since I am a Slytherin after all) and go with Voldemort. (Yeah, its not his real last name, but it would be mine!)

Yup.

Neither and Either. When two vowels go walking, the first one does the talking, the second does the walking, and the first says its name.

Cleaning the toilets. For some reason looking into a toilet bowl makes me want to gag (even if it is clean).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Beth, I nearly died of laughter from your new sig pic!

Says.
    Says who?
    Says me!  That's who.

Blucher (u with an umlaut), and I want cows to neigh every time someone says my new last name.

Grouchy and indecisive, basically a PITA, and I know it.

I'm with you ladies with Worchestire sauce.  However, I don't care because even if I could pronounce it, I would still say it as if I was part of that Abbott and Costello routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b8oEcFmQD0 (around 2:20 for reference)

DISHES

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6855cd22-c9bb-400b-ba01-9f753f620c92Post:c12406a8-9e98-4b44-9298-2b0f5026d6b4">Re: Thursday Questions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  You say "knock knock," I say "who's there?"  What comes next?  (i.e. give me your favorite knock knock joke.) Interrupting cow.... MOOOOOOO (kinda similar to yours, Elle!) 2.  If you had to change your last name today, what would you change it to.  You can't pick your SO's last name. St. Laurent. It was DH's grandfather's last name when he came to America. 3.  Do you get grouchy when you're hungry? Hell yes. 4.  Is there a word you just can't pronounce (or insist on pronouncing incorrectly even though you know better)?<strong> I don't think so, though I often get crap from people about how I say complimentary, elementary, and documentary (which a long 'a' at the end). I stand by the fact that the way I pronounce those words are correct in the dictionary.</strong> (ooh, see how dictionary has that long 'a'... mmm hmmm) 5.  What's your least favorite household chore? All of them. Hence my best girl Letitia visiting me once month.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I just looked up those words in several different online dictionaries and I don't see a long "a" in any of them.  What am I missing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards