Not Engaged Yet

This puts things into perspective...

2»

Re: This puts things into perspective...

• But, where does he actually work? How does he have time to if he's in one state half the time, and another the rest?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:1cf1cc84-229a-4faa-b856-9a60a0a13f3c">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know, I always thought this kind of stuff only happened on tv. Then I learned from my mom that someone I've known forever, who'd been with her husband for over 30 years (their kids are 32 and 28), just learned that he has another wife and kids in the Philippines! Not surprisingly, they're getting a divorce.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

This I can believe.  Happens a lot more than one would think.
  • This might give us all a clearer picture... he's an agent for NBA/WNBA/professional basketball players overseas.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• If he was able to maintain it for almost two years, something tells me this probably wasn't the first time he had coinciding relationships.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:c0cd8e4e-a172-47b9-b9c7-8748e4efd799">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahhhh.   But still.  How does he maintain that job AND a fiancee in NJ AND a GF in CT??
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I still want to know where he actually lives.  Especially since he hadn't moved in with the GF yet.  WTF is he doing?  Did his parents know about the GF?</div>
    I french with my man
  • This is just beyond me.  I don't understand why anyone would do this.  Wouldn't that much sneaking around be way to hard?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• How did he split up the holidays?

This is just AWFUL. :(
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Okay, so do you all think that I am silly & naive for believing that BF is traveling, away on business all the time, and that I am really his only GF?? Because that's what I'm picking up from a few of the posts... I mean, I trust that BF is honest with me, but I'm sure she did too. So where does that fall?

Obviously there were way more issues here, but damn... makes a girl think.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:e108fdb2-7724-4862-aa3f-ba32e8884cba">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, so do you all think that I am silly & naive for believing that BF is traveling, away on business all the time, and that I am really his only GF?? Because that's what I'm picking up from a few of the posts... I mean, I trust that BF is honest with me, but I'm sure she did too. So where does that fall? Obviously there were way more issues here, but damn... makes a girl think.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<p style="margin:0in 0in 10pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';color:#1f1f1f;font-size:8.5pt;">I don't think that at all.  My dad used to be gone 5 days a week on business, use to make my mom so paranoid, she thought he had a family in another city but he didn't :)  But then again maybe I am naive...</span></p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:829288a3-b99f-4830-b5aa-79cfcd6e6ca6">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This puts things into perspective... : No, just a huge effing douche. And yes, let's send buttraping, red-eyed unicorns to his house. Please. So I don't actually have to do the murdering myself.

I will gather the troops.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:e108fdb2-7724-4862-aa3f-ba32e8884cba">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, so do you all think that I am silly & naive for believing that BF is traveling, away on business all the time, and that I am really his only GF?? Because that's what I'm picking up from a few of the posts... I mean, I trust that BF is honest with me, but I'm sure she did too. So where does that fall? Obviously there were way more issues here, but damn... makes a girl think.

NO not at all. I just have to wonder what is going through your sister's mind. Like, did she miss some big clues? Were there other issues that you unspoken that might have made her mistrust him? Agree with yaga. I feel so bad for her. Obviously he is in the wrong... but to have go through a breakup like that will make her question herself, her trust, and men for a long time.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:02291fb3-4cb7-467f-8fe1-af54004a83e7">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This puts things into perspective... : No, not at all.  I think there are gaps that we're all seeing, that you don't see with your BF because they aren't there. Like: <strong>what is his PERMANENT address? Where do his bills go?  What's on his license?  If it's NJ, then why is he making it seem like he lives in CT?  If it's CT, then wouldn't his fiancee think that's weird?  Since he's traveling for "business" to NJ, he should be staying in hotels right?  Does the GF ever get a room # in case she needs to get in contact with him?  Does he talk about the meals he eats out because he's traveling all the time?  (Everyone that I know that travels for work lives in hotel in the other cities, and their company pays for their meals.)
    </strong>Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

This!

Bri, don't let this get to your head that your bf is doing this. You've gone to visit him, you know where he's at. Obviously the girls didn't put two and two together or something.

• Bri - I completely wasn't saying that people who travel for business are like this. Just that with this particular guy if it had been going on for 2 years there might be some out there who think that there is nothing wrong with what he's doing and think it's fun on top of it. 
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Bri - I just had the chance to keep reading. I have never thought you were silly or naive and I never meant to imply anything about your relationship at all.
  • For what it's worth, my dad has worked in a different state or country since I was in 7th grade.  He always came home on weekends.

My parents have the healthiest marriage of anyone I know. 

Sometimes you have to be where the job takes you.

As for the real subject of this post, how ANYONE could do that is absolutely baffling to me.  I feel so horrible for your friend's sister - even though this was totally his fault, it takes time to get over a 2 year relationship.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Not that I'm thinking about it, this happened to a close friend of mine. In her case he lied that he was in the military but ended up having a completely different life elsewhere. She's had a really difficult time trusting men ever since because things seemed so normal based on what she thought was his work.
  • I had to read your first post 3x to understand it. WTF

Did anyone ever see that Law and Order episode where the guy gets killed and it turns out he has a wife, a fiance AND a girlfriend all at the same time? This is what this reminds me of.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I read this on my phone this morning, holy hell.  I want to hunt that guy down and punch him really, really hard.

I can't believe he was able to hide it from both girls for so long.  I really don't get people like that.  

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-puts-things-perspective?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:78fc4da6-5b81-4a02-9bbd-6c990c494eafPost:d14c5f89-3f99-46f2-a142-f8db5c0b8e15">Re: This puts things into perspective...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had to read your first post 3x to understand it. WTF Did anyone ever see that Law and Order episode where the guy gets killed and it turns out he has a wife, a fiance AND a girlfriend all at the same time? This is what this reminds me of.
    Posted by kellyt89[/QUOTE]

All of this.  I LOVE Law and Order!

Bri, I feel so bad for your friend, that is horrible.  Someone needs to see to it that douche of the century is outed to his fiancee!  If you'd like the info to be sent confidentially please gather information and mail it to me.  I will glady send it from Cincinnati.  Tell your friend to black out her eyes in pictures of her and what she thought was her BF, print out emails from his email, whatever, send his FI that shiit ASAP!  

Also, try not to let this get into your head any further and use the following infromation to get it the eff out since it's probably already in there...

Your BF and you are both from the same area, you know A LOT of the same people and have/do (when you can) spend time with each others family, etc.

Your BF wants you to move back to Maine so that he can see you more, if he was being shady I doubt he'd want you closer/more able to keep tabs on him.

Your BF LOVES YOU AND YOU TRUST EACH OTHER A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT!  PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT THAT HAS HAPPENED TO A FRIEND EFFECT YOUR RELATIONSHIP IN A NEGATIVE WAY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • melmac86melmac86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Oh wow. That's insane. I really hope someone clues in the other girl well before April and that your friend is able to heal from this and realize what a crazy person he really is. I am shocked that he was able to pull this crap for two years. Sounds like he's a master-manipulator sociopath. Clearly, he has no empathy for someone else's feelings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards