Not Engaged Yet

Getting to know yooouu.

Hello internet stranger!  Tell us a bit about yourself.  Try to stick around.
Screen Name:
What You Do:
What SO Does:
State of Relationship:
How Long You've Been Together:
How You Met:
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):
Real Babies:
Fur Babies:
Loves: 
Hates:
Pet Peeves:
Hobbies/Activities:
Favorite Thing About Your SO:
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
Describe Your Personality:
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
I've Been On TK Since:
How You Came to Be On TK:
How I like my potatoes:
Favorite book/author:
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:

I'm not good at feelings.

Re: Getting to know yooouu.

• AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: AudgiePodge

Significant Other's Age: 26

What You Do: Help H make games

What SO Does: Makes games for mobile devices.

State of Relationship: Married

How Long You've Been Together: Since Nov '09

How You Met: We met in '99,freshman year of high school, when we had to take our picture together for being voted most creative in the yearbook.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 5.7.11

Real Babies: I have a 4 year old DD with my ExH.

Fur Babies: Avie is a Goffin's Cockatoo and Fenix is a Congo African Grey

Loves:  Elephants

Hates: Popping knuckles

Pet Peeves: Not squeezing from the bottom of the toothpaste tube

Hobbies/Activities: Poker at the moment

Favorite Thing About Your SO: I am in awe of his smartz.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He won't stop chewing with his mouth open.

Describe Your Personality: Very laid back

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8

I've Been On TK Since:  August '10

How You Came to Be On TK: One of the blogs I frequented linked to a beebee post.  It was hilarious.  I've never heard of TK before that.

How I like my potatoes: Boil 'em, mash 'em, put 'em in a stew.  PO TA TOES

Favorite book/author: Sidney Sheldon and Janet Evanovich

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to live in Alaska.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: phyliciau

Significant Other's Age: 35 (I like my men, like my wine: older)

What You Do: Office Manager at a Chiropractic office

What SO Does: Auto Mechanic (has his own shop)

State of Relationship: Living together

How Long You've Been Together: Just over a year (July 10, 2010)

How You Met: Through a mutual friends Halloween party 2 years before we started dating. -He asked me out - I politely declined ;) - Then I ran into him a couple years later and *I* asked him out!

Real Babies: One step-daughter (8)

Fur Babies: *I* have 0, BF has a dog. I'm def. not a pet person and I know some will hate me soley because of this question.

Loves: Cooking, decorating my house, spending time w/ BF & friends, drinking wine, shopping, good books, anything sparkly..... the list goes on and on

Hates: Look down at the "Pet Peeves"...

Pet Peeves: Where should I start? The toilet seat being left up, the toilet paper on upside down, anything out of place when I've put it there correctly, the windshield wipers on when it's not raining, When you are driving and you let a pedestrian cross the street and they don't thank you, hands rubbing together (like when people are cold) etc.... So pretty much I'm an obsessive-compulsive freak of nature.

Hobbies/Activities: See "loves"....

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His drive, and that he can pretty much do anything. (You should see my honey-do list!)

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Ask me when I'm mad/angry at him. Right now I'm pretty damn happy with everything about him!

Describe Your Personality: Loyal, honest-sometimes to a fault, NOT sentimental,  sarcastic, very strange sometimes dry sense of humor, always up for an adventure (I love to have a great story after)...... 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7ish I would say??

I've Been On TK Since: 2007, I'm a lurker but not a huge poster. I mostly like the pictures/ ideas

How You Came to Be On TK: I was previously in a long term relationship

How I like my potatoes: Baked, mashed, fried.... you name it- bring it on!

Favorite book/author: I honestly read waaaaay too much to have a favorite. In the last 3 months I've read between 25-30 books. Damn kindle on iPhone.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have my Real Estate license. I can look at most things and try and find a positive! I'm a really big go-getter especially when it comes to career choices.
  • edited December 2011
    Just notice there's a new intro! Gotta put my stuff in!
    Screen Name: tdwpg1984
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do: Customer service and part time student
    What SO Does: internal auditor
    State of Relationship: living together, NEY
    How Long You've Been Together: since October 2009
    How You Met: interwebz dating site
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): n/a
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: 1 beagle, 1 kitty and in 2 weeks we're adding a cavalier king charles spaniel. We also have 6 fish, a snail and a lobster.
    Loves: reading, crocheting, the spa, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (Canadian Football League), watching movies/tv with my bf
    Hates: stupid people
    Pet Peeves: people who don't use their turn signal
    Hobbies/Activities: crocheting, reading, quilting (still working on this one, haven't finished a quilt yet)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so optimistic and he makes me want to be a better person
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he likes to be silly and sometimes does it when the time isn't right, like he'll get all goofy when I'm trying to be romantic and it can sometimes kill the mood.
    Describe Your Personality: outgoing, bubbly
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6 or 7
    I've Been On TK Since: I think sometime in August was when I created my profile, but I've been lurking since june.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I was googling ideas for a wedding shower a looong time ago, lurked a lot, gave it up for a bit, but then remembered the NEY board. Decided to come back in case I need someone to talk me down from what I know know is being BSC.
    How I like my potatoes: garlic mashed
    Favorite book/author: don't have a fave book but my fave author is Danielle Steel
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was once a model in a nail and body art book. Didn't get paid but I did get a free mani and pedi. Unfortunately it started a spa addiction that put me in a bit of financial trouble. Is there such a thing as spaholics anonymous?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Peekaboo2011, but you can call me Peek
    Significant Other's Age: Nonexistant
    What You Do: I'm an aspiring scientist, as my physics prof used to tell me.
    What SO Does:  You know.  SO Things.
    State of Relationship: Mentally dating a celebrity.
    How Long You've Been Together: September 2011
    How You Met: At the movies, obvi.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): So, he doesn't know I exist, but we're getting married next year.  In October.
    Real Babies: Not yet!  But hot damn they're going to be beautiful.
    Fur Babies: None of my own.  We'll have puppies though.
    Loves:  Sharks NOM NOM NOM THEY MIGHT TRY TO EAT YOU IF YOU LOOK LIKE A SEAL
    Hates: People in general.  Especially if you crack gum.  But I lurves my internet peoplezzz
    Pet Peeves: Cracking gum/chewing with your mouth open...I have about a bazigillionkasjl.
    Hobbies/Activities: You jest.  I has no hobbies.  Oh wait, I sew.  Check out my blog!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's hawt.  And funny.  And, well, I'll let you know when we meet.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's kind of a man whore.  And I think he might be dating someone else.
    Describe Your Personality: I'm indescribable.  It's inconceivable.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Pretty high.  It's gotten higher as I've posted more.  Expect me to tell you your relationship will end if you don't stop preplanning snark.  
    I've Been On TK Since:  Feb. '11How You Came to Be On TK: I was one of you BSC preplanners once upon a time.  And then I lurked.  And realized I was stupid.  And then I started posting
    How I like my potatoes: Please just give them to me.  I'll eat them raw.Favorite book/author: HARRY POTTER.  Or, a biology textbook.  They're equally exciting for me.  :)Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I speak fluent German.  Oh, and I'm one of two people on this board who have the resources to murder you and never get caught due to connections with, um, sharks.
    Edited 10/27/11 to update my informationes.
    I french with my man
  • misikesmisikes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: misikes
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: College student, Sales Associate at Office Max
    What SO Does: Projection Manager for Regal Cinemas
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: IMVU, internet friendship for 2 years prior to meeting
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): April 21, 2012
    Real Babies: None
    Fur Babies: Mr. Kennedy (Standard Rabbit), Tank (Lionhead Rabbit)

Loves: Reading, Travelling, Food, Video Games, The Lion King
    Hates: Disgusting noises/habits, poor manners, loud noises/people
    Pet Peeves: People who can't whistle properly doing so anyway, and succeeding in doing nothing but making a wind-blowing noise that is horridly out of tune. (Or, at the same time, people who whistle or sing obnoxiously loud in a public place)
    Hobbies/Activities: Fishing, reading/writing, playing video games
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's very affectionate and protective, but not in such a way that's sappy or hardass.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He uses the phrase "as well" in his sentences a lot. Sounds stupid but I can't help but hear it every time he talks, lol.
    Describe Your Personality: Very laid-back, though with a little bit of a short temper (though not nearly as bad as it was when I was a teenager). I usually try to avoid confrontation via the internet, but I'm a little more confrontational IRL.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Internet - 2, IRL - 8
    I've Been On TK Since: November 2010
    How You Came to Be On TK: Google search while searching for wedding boards back when FI and I first started talking marriage.
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed, with butter. <3
    Favorite book/author: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (favorite book), but favorite author for the time being is Jake Wizner
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was on Nickelodeon's SlimeTime Live when I was in 6th grade, and won 3 CDs from Kid Rhino
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: lilphillips14
    Significant Other's Age: 27 (almost 28)
    What You Do: Student/Food Service Worker on campus
    What SO Does: Help Desk support
    State of Relationship: Dating
    How Long You've Been Together: About 7 months
    How You Met: Online (totally nerdy way)
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): None yet.
    Real Babies: Noooooone
    Fur Babies: None for me. He has two ferrets!!!
    Loves: Pizza, singing, dancing, talking, joking around, BF, family, my sorority
    Hates: Mean people, hypocrisy, hate
    Pet Peeves: Same as above. Also, people's feet
    Hobbies/Activities: Singing, comedy, sorority activities
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His smile, his jokes, how snuggly he is and how responsible he is
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way he treats his pets like people, and also how forgetful he is.
    Describe Your Personality: Very friendly and optimistic. Passionate about certain things. Responsible, loving, loyal.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the day. Usually pretty sarcastic.
    I've Been On TK Since: Uh..May, I think
    How You Came to Be On TK: My first conversation with BF about marriage...yeah
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed!!!!!
    Favorite book/author: Battle Dress by Amy EfawTell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm in a sorority, and I love it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: kaitlynmichelle
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Retail currently, but I'm looking for a job that relates to my degree, or even something that I would actually enjoy.  My degree is in political science.
    What SO Does: Working at a local airport right now, but also looking for career work (in environmental science).
    State of Relationship: Dating and living together
    How Long You've Been Together: Since December 2004
    How You Met: We met in highschool, we had several classes together and got to know each other in band.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): NEY.
    Real Babies: Nope, not for a long long time.
    Fur Babies: None of our own right now, just family pets back home in Ontario.
    Loves: Chocolate, reading, friends, hiking, mountains, Harry Potter and BF 
    Hates: People who have no manners, and spiders.  Eww.
    Pet Peeves: People who text while walking but cannot do so without walking at a snail's pace, the sound of knuckles cracking, people who ignore basic traffic rules...
    Hobbies/Activities: I read all the time, and lately have started getting more into hiking and general outdoor activities such as kayaking.  BF and I also love video games.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His patience, and kindness. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  His indecisiveness.  His whole family is the same way, for example we'll make plans to go somewhere and he won't set a time to leave by.  It drives me crazy.
    Describe Your Personality: Friendly, open, talkative but sometimes short-tempered.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): It depends on the day but its getting higher since I've started posting.  My tolerance level for silly complaints or situations is drifting away.
    I've Been On TK Since: I joined awhile ago but never posted, I lurked a lot but started posting recently.  
    How You Came to Be On TK: One of my friends told me how much she loved TK when planning her wedding, and I decided to check it out.  My BSCness went way down after reading posts on NEY.
    How I like my potatoes: Boiled with butter on them.  Yum.  Although I'll put some cheese on them too.  Or mashed.  I just love potatoes.
    Favorite book/author: Harry Potter/JK Rowling.  Although since that is always my answer I'll note that I also love Elizabeth Chadwick's books.  She writes historical fiction, and she's amazing.Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My two front teeth are fake.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: alanna91
    Significant Other's Age:
    What You Do:
    Full time college student (Junior), two part time jobs.
    What SO Does: Full time college student  (Senior), IT/Computer Tech Help at our school
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 1/2 years
    How You Met: Through his sister
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): January 3, 1937. That would have been cool, 1337 for a wedding day. But no, we're not engaged yet so N/A
    Real Babies:
    I'd say in 6-10 years I'll come back to this question to update. For now, no.
    Fur Babies: Quincy, the beagle/chihuahua/dachund
    Loves: Where I live. The architecture, the history (something to do with some type of a revolution ;)...), the autumn foliage. Born and raised!
    Hates: I hate when people cut me off, don't use a blinker, or don't let a car change into their lane. Masshole driver? I'll accept that. It is what it is!
    /> /> />http://www.masshole.com/driving.html<<<
    Pet Peeves: When people chew gum with their mouths open.
    Hobbies/Activities: ROTC, School, Work, Cooking, Exercise, Board Games with BF :)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He gets so passionate about things, for example: school. Straight A's. This kid's incredible.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can also be passionate about video gaming...when I'm sitting on his bed twiddling my thumbs!
    Describe Your Personality: I'm really quiet before I get to know people. I take in the environment and my surroundings. People say I'm funny, but I think they're just shocked when I finally start talking. I'm very nice to people and sometimes I don't know why but I am. I do get road rage though as mentioned above 0_o
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Pretty low I guess, 3. N00bs and pre-planners don't upset me they just kind of annoy me because they always come in packs. All you other ladies with your quick words get to them first anyway :p
    I've Been On TK Since: Summer of 2010 I think?
    I used to want to be a wedding planner. That was a short lived dream. I work at a florist too so I was always looking at floral arrangments (even for my very distant wedding 0_o). I ended up clicking on "Community" and finding NEY. Thanks, NEY :)
    How I like my potatoes:
    Mashed and Instant. Or scalloped.
    Favorite book/author: I almost said "The Help", but that's because I just read it and loved it. My all-time favorite would probably be The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It's probably that book that got me so interested in the culture. I've taken two years of Arabic Language & Culture classes as well as "The Islamic World" and I'm signed up for "Islam and the Medieval World" for next semester! Once I finish my language classes I can declare and Arabic Studies minor....all that from just asking me my favorite book I'm sorryEmbarassed
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:
    I want to be a JAG in the USAF! I take practice LSATs for fun and I'm in ROTC.
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011

Screen Name: parisashleymuir
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Executive Assistant/Travel Coordinator for 3 NASCAR teams
    What SO Does: Construction hottie ;)
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    How You Met: Online but totally unexpected!
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): We aren't engaged yet, but he says next spring he's popping the question, so we've talked of a
    12-7-12 wedding date!

Real Babies: None yet!
    Fur Babies: Lexi, chocolate lab
    Loves: Family, friends, sports, reading, traveling, baking
    Hates: Celery, spitting, being sleepy
    Pet Peeves: Not using your blinker!
    Hobbies/Activities: Traveling, NASCAR races, reading
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How romantic he is
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: That he lives in Canada, and I'm in the States!
    Describe Your Personality: Upbeat, compassionate, cynical at times, sarcastic, fun and open minded!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2
    I've Been On TK Since: January 2011
    How You Came to Be On TK: Saw an ad
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed
    Favorite book/author: How I Kissed Dating Goodbye
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I wish I could work in a mental institution and help people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Paris & Joel/Began Dating: 2/16/2011/ Engaged: 8/19/2012/ Wedding Date: 8/17/2013
    SURPRISE! Due Date: 10/15/2013
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: marleylikeair
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do: dancer/singer/actor/writer who also works in an office to pay the bills
    What SO Does: Owns his own business building musical instruments. Previously a professional mechanic, then licensed carpenter.
    How Long You've Been Together: A little over a year, officially.
    How You Met: At my BFF's wedding. We were both in the wedding party. I even caught the bouquet. He noticed me first, at the rehearsal, when I was rehearsing with the pianist (I did some singing for the ceremony). Gave me his dessert at dinner. We started talking on Facebook when I still lived in NYC, then AIM, then phone. I'd take long walks around Brooklyn and we'd talk until my battery ran out. I came out to MN for a 6-week summer job and decided to stay. :)
    Real Babies: n/a
    Fur Babies:
    One cat, male, 1 year old, named Marlon. Here he is:

Loves: Fine arts, good food, smart comedy, old things, history, fashion.
    Hates: Moths. Ignorance.
    Pet Peeves: Smoking.
    Hobbies/Activities: See "what you do" and "loves." :)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He inspires me to be the best version of myself.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can be so focused on his work that he forgets to take time off to just chill.
    Describe Your Personality: Creative, generous, fun-loving, loyal, rational, at times overly serious and morbidly existential.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Usually no more than 2. But if we're venting about someone who's being unfair or hurtful to a fellow NEYer, it can go up.
    I've Been On TK Since: Fall 2010. (I may have jumped the gun a little, but I'm all better now.)
    How You Came to Be On TK: I was a little batty and looking too much at dresses, flowers, etc., way before I should have been. (Didn't do anything crazy like visit venues or contact vendors, though.) In my defense, people kept telling me they thought my BF was going to propose by Xmas 2010 and it fed the BSC.
    How I like my potatoes: Baked with butter, salt, and pepper; sweet potatoes with butter or candied; will admit to liking the pouch mix by Idahoan--they taste most like real.
    Favorite book/author: Can't pick! I'm one of the Harry Potter fans on the board, though.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I speak conversational French. I make killer buttermilk pancakes from scratch by way of a four-generations-old family recipe.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Ravenray
    Significant Other's Age: 20
    What You Do: Full time Student and Forest Service employee
    What SO Does: Full time Student and Forest Service employee
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 1/12 years
    How You Met: A mutual friends birthday party.  I am a flirt.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):  none
    Real Babies:  None
    Fur Babies: none
    Loves:  Food, Horses, hiking, writing, computers, friends, and books.
    Hates: Trolls
    Pet Peeves: Stupid people, open cabinet doors, and knuckle cracking
    Hobbies/Activities: Horseback ridding, hiking, reading, homework
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can always make me laugh and I feel at home with him.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His stubbornness
    Describe Your Personality: Nice, lame funny (I think I try to hard), opinionated, and silly.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I think I am in the middle at 6.
    I've Been On TK Since: 2010  I think.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I tried to preplan.  It was bad. 
    How I like my potatoes: mashed, baked, broiled.  Anyways!Favorite book/author: I have too many.  Go on my goodreads account. Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I plan on speaking 7 languages.  I have been to 10 different countries by the time I was 18.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: mymissingpuzzlepiece
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Part-time banker, Full-time student --- > Aspiring Pediatric Neuropsychologist
    What SO Does: Part-time banker, Full-time student --- > Aspiring Exercise Physiologist w/ U.S Armed Forces
    State of Relationship: Engaged :)
    How Long You've Been Together: Officially since December 4th 2009, Unofficially since August 2009
    How You Met: Sergio and I both worked at an athletic club. He was a security officer at one location and I worked at a different location at the front desk. The day we met he was training at my location. He ended up permanently staying at my location because our security officer broke his arm.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): May 12th, 2013
    Real Babies: None yet
    Fur Babies: A hedgehog named Sweet Pea and soon 2 shih tzu poodle mixes. 
    Loves:
    My FI of course but then coming in close second is dessert! Especially any pie a la mode. My engagement ring, my car,  babies, sweet elderly people, Bentley Continental GT, coming home and seeing my FI's face, neuroscience and psychology, movies, reading, architecture, travelling, nature, art of all kinds, jewelery (obsessed), eye makeup, my wedding dress.
    Hates: Ignorant people, Self-entitled people, people who follow trends because they are "cool", facebook, twitter, bad drivers, people that are rude to elderly people, people that are mean in general.
    Pet Peeves: When things aren't put back from where they were taken from, bad driving, talking too loudly, poor grammar. I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them at the moment. See **hates**
    Hobbies/Activities: See **loves**
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: I know people don't believe me when I say this but I love everything about him. I don't have a favorite.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: I don't have a least favorite
    Describe Your Personality: Hard to describe.**Edit** INFJ.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the situation.
    I've Been On TK Since: A couple days after he proposed. 
    How You Came to Be On TK: Bought Tk magazine, saw the website in one of the articles
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed
    Favorite book/author: Harry PotterTell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm pretty sure I'm empathic. Believe it or not.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: SWhite2012
    Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do: Finishing up last year of Architecture school
    What SO Does: Looking for an architecture job while working meanigless retail jobs
    State of Relationship: Just engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: Three years in November
    How You Met: College, in the same program
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Trying to plan for October 2012
    Real Babies: None for a long time!
    Fur Babies: One kitty named Myles
    Loves: Movies and TV, hanging out with FI, great food
    Hates: People with no common sense
    Pet Peeves: People who can't drive
    Hobbies/Activities: Downhill skiing
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How easy it is to be with him
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Lack of wanting to do housework
    Describe Your Personality: Very independent, keep a lot of emotions in
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 9 on the inside, 7 on the out
    I've Been On TK Since: Not sure, I think I started posting in January?
    How You Came to Be On TK: browsing engagement rings
    How I like my potatoes: Baked with sour cream or cheesy
    Favorite book/author: I don't have much time to read anymore =(Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am really not into wedding planning, I want to just show up on the day and have it be how I want...lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-yooouu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7f434415-b89f-41e2-8c60-50999902630dPost:725d2d07-c80e-4dbf-9712-9344f02b55d2">Re: Getting to know yooouu.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm confused. I just did one of these a couple days ago and now it's gone! How does this work?
    Posted by kelseyterp[/QUOTE]

<div>It was getting too big so the moderator started a new one. </div>
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    Screen Name: tuarceatha

Significant Other's Age:
    27 (He'll eventually turn 28)

What You Do: Research for education

What SO Does:
    Work

State of Relationship:
    Bliss.

Since 2008

How You Met:
    Friends

TBD

Real Babies:
    None.

Fur Babies:
    None.

Loves: Rainbows

Hates:
    Liars

Pet Peeves:
    Being cold.

Hobbies/Activities:
    I tend to do lots of stuff.

He smells good.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He is cleaning our bathroom as I fill this out, and I seriously cannot think of anything unlikable about him right now... no lie.

Describe Your Personality:
    ESTJ

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):

I've Been On TK Since:
    March 2010

I was searching for bridal shower ideas for my friend.

How I like my potatoes:
    Twice baked, with cheese, sour cream, and bacon

Favorite book/author: Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself, by Judy Blume

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Omm.. I'm on the edge, of glory.

• edited December 2011
    Am I supposed to do another one? Very confused newb!
    "It's a great day to be alive. I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes." Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like I've done this before lol  It's actually funny to see how things have changed in a year...

Screen Name: LyzMcFlyz - really wish I could change it
    Significant Other's Age: 36
    What You Do: I'm the Manager of Payroll & Billing Systems at a Security company... I'm also the HR Manager, Receptionist, Dispatcher & Personal Assistant to 2 very needy bosses
    What SO Does: He's a Tow Truck Driver & also works at a Tow Truck Manufacturing Plant
    State of Relationship: Living together/ happily not engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: December will be 2 years (really?? wow, time flies! lol)
    How You Met: We met about 22 years ago... My brother married his sister and the rest, as they say, is history....
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): No, thank you! lol
    Fur Babies: Unfortunately none... We can't have one in our apartment but I desperately want a kitty!
    Loves: Baseball, Mashed Potatoes, Tow Trucks and my new Total Gym!
    Hates: Fish (the kind you eat not the ones you keep in a bowl)
    Pet Peeves: People who state the obvious, People who complain about everything, People who take offense to EVERYTHING... Pretty much people in general lmao
    Hobbies/Activities: Watching Baseball, Playing computer/video games, Being lazy when I'm not at work...
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's genuine and kind-hearted...
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Pretty much everything else lmao
    Describe Your Personality: I'm sarcastic and funny. When I'm quiet it's not a good sign...
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I call 'em how I see 'em... I hold my tongue for no one... I'd give me a 10 lol  Okay, maybe I range from 7 - 10 lol
    I've Been On TK Since: Since 2001ish lol 
    How You Came to Be On TK: I signed up when I was with my first long-term bf... I was convinced we were getting married... Then I came back about a year ago when current BF started talking marriage... Thank God I found this board because it rescued me from that crazy train! lol
    How I like my potatoes: MASHED!! lol with lots of cheeeeseee and bacon!
    Favorite book/author: Nora Roberts - I love to get lost in one of her books when I just want to relax...
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I can't think of anything at the moment but I assure you I'm such an interesting person! lol
  • edited June 2013
    Screen Name: Oceana9191

Significant Other's Age: 37

What You Do: Marine biologist/Ph.D. candidate/photographer

What SO Does: data programming/scuba instructor

State of Relationship: Married

How Long You've Been Together: 5 years

How You Met: A friend of mine invited him to my masters defense...he was the only one in the room I didn't know (and, therefore, couldn't make me nervous), so I stared at him the entire time. Thankfully, he didn't find that creepy or unnerving, and we started dating about a month later.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): April 9, 2011

Real Babies: None yet

Fur Babies: Australian shepard mix named Sandy

Loves: my husband/family/friends, the ocean, scuba diving, cheesy killer animal/SyFy Channel movies, Chipotle, Alexander Skaarsgard, Ohio State, dancing, yoga, traveling, cooking/baking, growing my own food, DIY, smalltown/country living, chupacabras

Hates: big city living, political commentary, Lebron James, drama queens, UMichigan/Pittsburgh Steelers/Baltimore Ravens, rude/arrogant/ignorant/self-entitled people, discrimination of any kind, people who look/act like they walked out Jersey Shore central casting, spiders, mashed potatoes

Pet Peeves: rude people, parents who don't parent, self-entitlement, crappy drivers

Hobbies/Activities:
    scuba diving, photography, yoga, spinning, dancing, cooking, blogging, DIY

He's probably one of the most patient men on earth about the important things in life.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He still lives like a bachelor a lot of times (really, how hard is it to put the roll of toilet paper on the little holder thing?!?).

Describe Your Personality: Snarky, blunt, goofy, outgoing, fiercely loyal to the people I care about. I have no problem telling people like I see it, and I'm usually the first person to make a joke to try to diffuse a tense situation.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 9

I've Been On TK Since: 2008

How You Came to Be On TK: I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding and had no clue what I was doing. I happened to find NEY and stuck around.

How I like my potatoes: In Arby's curly fries.
    Favorite book/author: I'm a big fan of Charlaine Harris and Nora Roberts. My favorite book...it's probably a toss-up between Jurassic Park, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Little Women and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm allergic to tomatoes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: GreenPepperBurger

Significant Other's Age: 21 (22 this autumn)

What You Do: Full-time student and I'm about to start an internship in the publicity department of a major film studio.

What SO Does: Full-time student and works at a party/event planning company.

How Long You've Been Together: 5 years

How You Met: In high school. He liked my friend. We all went out to the movies and wound up sitting next to each other and just hit it off. I didn't really want to date him, so I brushed off his advances and told him I wanted to be friends. I took him as my date to my best friend's Sweet 16 and decided he was so nice and funny that I should just give him a chance. And here we are...

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): --

Real Babies: None. Not so sure we want kids, actually.

Fur Babies: I have a kitty who I am obsessed with.

Loves: BF, my friends, my family, the entertainment industry, sleep, traveling, living in NYC, trying out new restaurants, the color green, animals, social media

Hates: Olives, spiders, hot weather, throwing up, ignorance, bad spelling/grammar, people who tYpE LiKe DizZz

Pet Peeves: Dense people who don't allow anything to penetrate their thick skulls, white socks with black shoes, unpedicured toes in open-toed shoes, the sound of silverware scraping against pots and pans

Hobbies/Activities: Working, reading, writing, watching films, planning vacations

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His unconditional love for me, the way he treats me, and how damn funny he is.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a slob.

Describe Your Personality: I am very fun and witty, and I don't mince words. I say exactly what's on my mind. I will always go to bat for those I love and care about.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): On average, an 8 or 9

I've Been On TK Since: June 2010

How You Came to Be On TK: I really wanted to get engaged (bad idea, GPB!) and his sister suggested I go on this board. I lurked, saw the BSC and how it was shot down, realized I was being cray-cray and made an account.

How I like my potatoes: EVERY SINGLE WAY. I LUV DA POTATOEZ.

Favorite book/author: "Lolita," by Vladimir Nabokov.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm emetophobic, which means I have a legitimate fear of vomitting.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: rdr716

Significant Other's Age: 26

What You Do: Junior Broker

What SO Does: Machine operator at a steel mill

State of Relationship: Living together

How Long You've Been Together:  4 years

How You Met:  His best friend is my college roommate's brother.  We saw each other a couple times randomly throughout my four years of college but we both were in relationships so nothing came of it until my roommate's graduation party in 2007.  

Real Babies: 

Fur Babies:  A ginger cat named Bailey, a tuxedo cat named Hailey, & a pit bull named Lucy. Oh & 2 goldfish who have yet to be named. 

Loves:  The Eagles, animals, NYC, the Devils, food, massages, my bed, beer, white wine, the beach, bags, shoes

Hates:  Winter, the Giants, the Cowboys, uncomfortable clothes, bread & butter pickles, chipping nail polish, the dentist

Pet Peeves:  Drivers who are unaware of the purpose of their turn signal, slow-walkers in the city, people who chew with their mouth open, my coworker who clips his nails right next to my desk

Hobbies/Activities:  Traveling, reading, watching TV, movies, trying new restaurants

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  His laid-back personality & his sense of humor

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:   He doesn't always say what's on his mind

Describe Your Personality:  Honest, loyal, generous, emotional, fun, friendly, and if I'm being totally honest, I can be moody

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  5.7ish

I've Been On TK Since: October 2010 but started posting June 2011

How You Came to Be On TK: My friend had just gotten engaged & I was helping her get ideas for her wedding during slow days at work 

How I like my potatoes: Mashed, french fried, hash browned, scalloped, or sweet

Favorite book/author: I don't really have a favorite book or author, I like different ones for different reasons & can't really choose just one. 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I've lived in 4 different states & I'm kind of obsessed with clouds.

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Sparkles88

Significant Other's Age: 23

What You Do: Animal Adoption Counselor for a rescue

What SO Does: PhD student in nutrition and lab research

State of Relationship: living together

How Long You've Been Together: 3 years

How You Met: We lived on the same floor in the dorms during our freshman year.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A

Real Babies: None, and there probably never will be any

Fur Babies: A two-year-old tabby named Sebastian/C-bass. Hopefully we'll be adding one more soon.

Loves: Seafood, cheese, cats, furry animals, bubbles, shiny stuff, Journey, things most people consider tacky (e.g. furniture and clothing)

Hates: Miracle Whip, liver and onions, cold weather, people who constantly mix up homophones, close-minded people

Pet Peeves: Drivers who don't signal, shoppers who are too lazy to walk their cart to the collection space, people who throw cigarette butts out of cars

Hobbies/Activities: Trying to speak German, playing with animals, sewing, shopping, traveling, eating

Favorite Thing About Your SO: I think he's pretty LOL

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't like going on cruises as much as me.

Describe Your Personality: Friendly, bubbly, and quirky are all words that come to mind. BF once told me he loved me, because I have the "personality of an immature unicorn."

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Like a 3 or 4? I rarely show my snarky side, but it's there.

I've Been On TK Since: Late summer or early fall 2010. I had a different screen name before I got this one, but I never posted with it.

I was planning an engagement party for someone I knew, and I was also required to read a few articles on TK for an event/wedding planning class I took.

How I like my potatoes:
    I actually like the small whole potatoes that come out of a can, haha. Hashbrowns are good, too.

Favorite book/author: Jurassic Park is a pretty neat book. I also like the Junie B. Jones series. Yes, I'm aware that it's for second-graders, but I still like it.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I don't know how to ride a bicycle.
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Hazel_B

What You Do: International Trade Researcher

What SO Does: Works in Transportation Field

State of Relationship: Engaged

How Long You've Been Together: Since 2009

How You Met: Online, but started dating once we met in person.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): August 4, 2012

Real Babies: n/a

Fur Babies: A bi-eyed (brown and blue) husky named Molson

Loves:  FI, Family and Friends, Cooking / Baking, Travelling, Reading, Working on my house, Small town / Country life, Cheese, Wine

Hates: Ignorance, Bad Drivers, Traffic, Laziness,  Rudeness, Humidity, Toronto Maple Leafs

Pet Peeves: Recently, people who take up the entire escalator and don't let people pass, people who use golf size umbrellas and consume the entire sidewalk, cyclists (drivers for that matter too)  that don't obey traffic laws...I could go on

Hobbies/Activities: See likes

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His laid-back personality

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: How I go away and he lives like a bachelor again.

Describe Your Personality: Friendly, Honest, Loyal, Creative, Can be too serious (I've been told that I have an old soul)

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Externally, probably a 3 but internally about an 7

I've Been On TK Since: 2009, but posting regularly since early 2010

How You Came to Be On TK: I was a MOH in a friend's wedding and was feeling lost

How I like my potatoes: Any style, but recently baked with greek style yogurt and chives

Favorite book/author: Too many to choose from.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I speak French, but feel that I constantly need to keep improving. 
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: upthestairs87

Significant Other's Age: 25

What You Do: Customer Service

What SO Does: Merchant Marine (Engineer)

How Long You've Been Together:  1 year and 2 months

How You Met: Outside a restaurant downtown, two nights in a row randomly.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A

Real Babies: 0

Fur Babies: Edgar my Maine Coon cat

Loves: Writing, reading, my 3 sisters, parents, my adorable nephew. Football, holidays, the 4th of July and spending as much time as possible with my BF.

Hates: Snow, lasagna, BF having to be gone for months at a time, not being able to lose weight instantaneously, and snakes.

Pet Peeves: People that are constantly negative. 

Hobbies/Activities: Reading, writing, decorating, hiking, playing card games, movies, going out with friends. 

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His ability to make me smile no matter what and make me feel good in any situation. 

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His job, which is a good one to have, but I hate that it takes him away from me for so long. Also his maturity with arguments could improve. haha

Describe Your Personality: Laid back, always up to try new things, generally nice to everyone, hard working, and loyal. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6

I've Been On TK Since: I used to get on here all the time in 2005 my freshman year of college just because I loved looking at all the different wedding ideas. I joined again last June but haven't been on it really until now.

How You Came to Be On TK: I'm mostly curious, me and the BF have been talking about getting engaged. I don't want to get my hopes up to much but like what I've seen on this board and feel like there are other ladies in the same boat as me. 

How I like my potatoes: Mashed or Fried...pretty much unhealthy in any way.

Favorite book/author: I don't really have a favorite, I love Sarah Dessen for her writing style though. 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am the oldest of 4 girls, I have seen my favorite band Hanson 6 times already, #7 is coming up in October and my favorite flavor in everything is cherry.  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: NurseyK
    What You Do: professional IT nerd
    What SO Does: engineer. he says he is the cool kind.
    State of Relationship: engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 15 months
    How You Met: match.com
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 3/10/2012
    Real Babies: nada
    Fur Babies: nada
    Loves: food, wine, hugs, laughing until I snort, the smell of rain
    Hates: lima beans, liars, cigarette smoke
    Pet Peeves: men who itch themself in public
    Hobbies/Activities: cooking, bootcamp
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can fix anything
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: when he sneaks a cigarette
    Describe Your Personality: type A, sarcastic, goofy
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6
    I've Been On TK Since: last year
    How You Came to Be On TK: MOH for BFF wedding last year
    How I like my potatoes: mashed with brown gravy
    Favorite book/author: any cookbook with pictures
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm ambidexterous
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Bawidget but you can call me Widge or Widget (all my frinds do)

Significant Other's Age:

What You Do:
    Philanthropic Advice. Writing my own business plans for things though :)

What SO Does: Technical Support

State of Relationship: Living together for 2 years

5 years as of May

How You Met: My friends all moved to Maine to become beatnicks after high school. BF happened to be living in the apartment above them and we met at one of their house parties. We hit it off right away. BF ended up moving in with my friends and 1year later he moved to Mass when all my friends realized how lame Maine was and decided to come home. The rest is history.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): NA

Real Babies: NA

Fur Babies: My Kittehs! Popcorn and Binx. It's nigh impossible to get a picture of them together but I'll try eventually!

Loves: Going to the movies, Jane Austen, Spicy Food, Southern cookin', baking, vintage clothes and hats, The BPL, roller/ice skating, tea and cake with good friends, Snark, Robert Downey Jr. I think the last two go hand in hand

Hates: Mouth breathers/chewers, men talking down to me just because I'm not one of them, Olives, when people wear leggings as pants....the fad was over in the 80's c'mon.

Pet Peeves: when people say funnest. It is fun, more fun, or most fun. When people chew with their mouth open. When people wear leggings as pants...have I mentioned that one?

Hobbies/Activities: Puzzles, SO and I do a movie blog, Hat making (just getting into it), reading, teaching myself guitar, baking, volunteering.

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He taught me to stop worrying so much. Seeing him or hearing his voice just makes me stop caring about the bad stuff that happened that day. I've never met anyone that could do that before. Also he can cook!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he shaves he leaves all his hair in the sink. It's gross.

Describe Your Personality: I'm the cynical touchstone for most of my friends. I'm way nicer on boards than I am IRL.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'm going with 7. I'm snarky in real life but I don't really cross into full on evil unless absolutely necessary.

I've Been On TK Since: Since 2007

How You Came to Be On TK: My older sister was getting married. She lives in NOLA and I'm in Boston so it was great for me to see what she was planning. Her wedding was beautiful. Now one of my good friends is getting married and we're doing something similar. I'm NEY so I started posting on the boards.

How I like my potatoes: I really only like potato chips and fries. I'm the worst Boston, Irish girl ever.

Favorite book/author: Empire Falls by Richard Russo. For some reason it resonates with me. I read it every year.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was a competitive Irish Step Dancer all the way up to college. I might take it up again as a grown up since I can still do all my foot tricks!
    Rampaging bears are the answer to all of our cultural missteps
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Orangehills
    Significant Other's Age: early 30s
    What You Do: Admin
    What SO Does: Telecommunications
    How Long You've Been Together: a few months, but if you know, you know!
    How You Met: blind date through a friend
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): one day...
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: 2 kitties and a dog
    Loves: reading, orange, fall, the country, sleeping!
    Hates: clipping your nails at work, snapping gum loudly at work, chewing with mouth open and smacking, slurping.
    Pet Peeves: see above- when anyone does any of those
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, attempting to work out, hanging out with friends, family, bf, taking care of my pets, traveling
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he loves me for me!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he has a hard time being on time...
    Describe Your Personality: blunt, but friendly
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4
    I've Been On TK Since: Aug 2011, but lurking for a year
    How You Came to Be On TK: a friend told me about it
    How I like my potatoes: mashed! or baked with chili/cheese
    Favorite book/author: Anne of Green Gables :)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I can bend my thumb on my left hand all the way back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • snorwo3snorwo3 member
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: snorwo3

Significant Other's Age: 27

What You Do: Currently a student at LSU. I wait tables and I work at a bar.

What SO Does: The best job ever. Travels for 5-9 days at a time setting up counter-terrorist training courses for SWAT, police, and first responders. His trips are in no particular pattern, but last 5-9 days each. He's gone 40-50% of the year if I'd have to guess and it's done wonders for our relationship. Sometimes that time alone helps everything.

State of Relationship: Dating. Living together.

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years and some odd months (exact time in sig)

How You Met: Don't make fun.. but on a local sports website. We ended up having tons of mutual friends and it's surprising we didn't already know each other.

Real Babies: 0

Fur Babies: LUCY!!!! My Westie (photo in my sig)

Loves:  Proper grammar, house decorating, DIY crafts/projects, cooking/dining out.. I'm a big foodie, traveling.

Hates: What a hard question for me, lol. There are things I hate but they don't seem important enough to put in an about-me questionairre. I really hate non-genuine people... like people who pretend they're something they're not. 

Pet Peeves: Way too many to type here, lol.

Hobbies/Activities: I always thought I had no hobbies and it made me sad, but lately I've been all about crafts and DIY projects around the home! Also, I enjoy painting. I have no artistic ability, but I enjoy it and don't care.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He understands me and what I need out of a relationship. If I want alone-time, I get alone-time. If I'm feeling "needy" (as we call it) he'll cuddle me and be sweet. He also has an infectious personality that makes everyone love him.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's much more emotional and sensitive than I am and sometimes gets offended at things I never meant to be offensive. It's no big deal when I get the chance to explain, but sometimes his emotions get the best of him and he gets angry at me for something I never meant to do. As you can see by my rambling, it's something we've been working on. 
    Also.. my other least favorite.. he's ADD and refuses medication. That's fine and all, but I have to repeat 90% of everything I say when he has ANY distractions and it drives me insane.

Describe Your Personality: I am silly and free-spirited while still sometimes overly-organized. It's an odd combination. I am a grandma for my age and it's pathetic hahahaha. I do crafts and sit at home rather than going out and getting wasted every night. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I truly try to see the good in all people, but I'm honestly not a people person. I am introverted and enjoy my time alone. Contrary to those traits though, I have many friends. I'm indescribable.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'm not certain how to answer this, but I can definitely be snarky lol.

I've Been On TK Since: 2008? But these forums not too long.

How You Came to Be On TK: Love weddings. Not even my own future one only... Just wedding stuff in general.

How I like my potatoes: I hate potatoes.

Favorite book/author: I'm an English major. Too many.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'll have to come back to this one as an edit.

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name:TLC1983
    Significant Other's Age: 32
    What You Do: wedding gift registry consultant
    What SO Does: warehouse manager
    State of Relationship: hopefully engaged soon!
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: friends BBQ
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): ?
    Real Babies: 1
    Fur Babies: 0
    Loves: outdoors
    Hates: bugbites!
    Pet Peeves: too many to name :)
    Hobbies/Activities: arts and crafts, reading
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: sense of humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: low tolerance for stress
    Describe Your Personality: sarcastic and quirky, but loyal and caring too
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 10 but I'll try to contain myself
    I've Been On TK Since: a couple months ago
    How You Came to Be On TK: one of the only sites not blocked at work!
    How I like my potatoes: drowning in gravy or not at all
    Favorite book/author: Thich Nhat Han
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have a hand-grip measurment that is the same as a white-cheeked gibbon
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: jcampbell11
    Significant Other's Age: 28
    What You Do: Admin Assistant 
    What SO Does: Welder
    State of Relationship: living together, just bought a house :)
    How Long You've Been Together: a little over 8 months now
    How You Met: He dated a girl I was close friends with about 10 years ago, it didn't work out obviously and we got back in contact last year, became friends and it took off from there!
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): NEY, but he wants to get married 4.13.12. We picked out our rings and he's asking my dad "very soon" he says :)
    Real Babies: None of my own but he has 5, 3 biologically and the 2 his ex wife abandoned and we're raising
    Fur Babies: 2 dogs, a half pit/half boxer Zeus, a pit Big Shot and 2 adorable hedgies, Zahra and Peyson
    Loves: Animals, rain, books, a good movie and when my kids call me "Momma" it melts my heart!!
    Hates: People who degrade you, judgemental people and bad drivers
    Pet Peeves: When someone interrupts me when I'm talking, a dirty kitchen, people who think the world wants to hear their phone conversations...
    Hobbies/Activities: I'm a photography enthusiast!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the best friend I've ever had and I can tell him anything
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He thinks he has to control every situation, I usually have to tell him to knock it off lol
    Describe Your Personality: a bit shy, but I'll tell you how it is if you push my buttons!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): about a 5, not a lot gets to me but I'll give you some blunt opinions if I need to
    I've Been On TK Since: not long, I've been lurking...I was a little afraid to post, some of these girls can be brutal!
    How You Came to Be On TK: my sister used this site to help plan her wedding and I started browsing when BF and I started seriously discussing marriage
    How I like my potatoes: any way that I can get them!
    Favorite book/author: very unoriginal, Jane Austen and P&P...I literally read it every year. Lame I know
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've been to 38 states and 1 other country, all by the time I was 25.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: PurpleCupcakesAndCoffee

Significant Other's Age
    : 27

What You Do: Student/Substitute Teacher

What SO Does: Engineering stuff

How Long You've Been Together: 7 years

How You Met: He was friends with my best friend who introduced us and gave him my number.

Wedding Date
    (if you're engaged/married): N/A

Fur Babies: 5 year old boxer

Loves: reading, cooking, hiking, running, school, psychology and working on our house

Hates: bugs and spiders

Pet Peeves: horrible drivers, liars, fake people

Hobbies/Activities: hiking, gardening, running, reading and playing with the dog at the beach/dog park

Favorite Thing About Your SO: I swear he knows me better than I know myself!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his one track mind. I'll try to talk to him while he's doing something else and he never hears me until he's done with what he was doing first

Describe Your Personality: I've been told I'm loyal, sweet and nice. I also tend to be shy and quite reserved

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 1 or 2

I've Been On TK Since: I created the account a few days ago but I've lurked off and on for a while

How You Came to Be On TK: I came to TK while helping my sister plan her wedding. I was the Maid of Honor and had no clue about what I was supposed to do!

How I like my potatoes: mashed, baked, fried, sliced into chips, covered with cheese/bacon/sour cream... I just really like potatoes and love them any way possible including raw!

Favorite book/author: I love to read so I have way to many to list, but one of my favorite authors is Jodi Picoult and Nora Roberts

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I love hiking and the boyfriend and I just completed a 3 week long hiking trip of approximately 240 miles.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    "People destined to meet will do so, apparently by chance, at precisely the right moment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson