Not Engaged Yet

80s Theme Bach Party

Any ideas?? Feel free to pass them on to moi!!

Re: 80s Theme Bach Party

• edited December 2011
    No ideas but CAN I COME!?!?
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    You need to talk to NQB, I think she did something along these lines.

Ideas as far as what?  What to wear, good songs?  Be more specific, please!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They all have to wear puffy vests, a la Marty McFly. I have such a crush on Michael J Fox. *swoon*
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    Oh
    My
    God! 

*DIES*

what do you want ideas for?! Clothes?! Music?! I"M ALL OVER THIS!  And can I crash..? please!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    If you're in the NYC area, there's a thing called "Awesome 80s Prom" which is an interactive show where you can experience your 80s prom all over again.

But if you're not making the trek to the city, may I suggest cans of Aquanet as favors?
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha!! Nothing set in stone yet - emails from starting flying around from the MOH this morning.

I'm thinking hot pink and bright green (her colors) + black and white. We're having food and drinks + lingerie giving and then going out into downtown Philly to - hopefully - some sort of 80s themed dance/bar.

The MOH wants everyone to get bach party t-shirts, so I think we should have everyone bedazzle them when they walk in the door/make them one-shouldered.
  • edited December 2011
    I like this idea a lot. Especially the whole bedazzling part.
    imageimageimageimage
    edited December 2011
    Oh, bachelorette party. Haha.

I would say neon everything, loose off-the-shoulder t-shirts, tights, very poofy hair with pink tips (hehe Jem), maybe even a side pony, neon framed sunglasses, and wrist warmers.
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, you guys should do a Jem themed party! The bride can be Jem, and everyone else can be the band.
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a great idea, Kat.  I used to have a bedazzler...hehe

That thing did wonders on jean vests!

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_80s-theme-bach-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8276282d-b5eb-4124-b152-b1e166267ba5Post:b48e4ded-7f19-4440-9cf7-28837c705363">Re: 80s Theme Bach Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, you guys should do a Jem themed party! The bride can be Jem, and everyone else can be the band.
    Posted by PandaBurr[/QUOTE]

<div>DO IT!</div>

Murried Bio
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_80s-theme-bach-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8276282d-b5eb-4124-b152-b1e166267ba5Post:6e59ddf1-46e4-4f39-8499-bbdca8426b88">Re: 80s Theme Bach Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, bachelor ette party. Haha. IPosted by PandaBurr[/QUOTE]

Haha, I read this thinking it said 80s BEACH party which I thought was cool, but also odd. This makes much more sense haha. I think it will be cute and fun.
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    OMG there were so many "looks" from the 80's ... everyone could do one!

The Jersey Mall Girl - big hair, off the shoulder shirts, HUGE dangle earrings
    Flashdance - leotards, leg warmers, high heels
    Gym chic - leotards and sweatbands and leggings
    Madonna - self-explanitory
    Punk - Mohawk, Doc Martens, LOTS of leather, black lipstick
    80's Power Woman - a suit with HUGE shoulder pads and one of those weird neck scarves and sneakers w/socks instead of high heels
    Dynasty - look up this 80's soap opera for inspiration

AH THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_80s-theme-bach-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8276282d-b5eb-4124-b152-b1e166267ba5Post:203a3040-b112-47d5-b69b-2ba7b5a4d5b0">Re: 80s Theme Bach Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're in the NYC area, there's a thing called "Awesome 80s Prom" which is an interactive show where you can experience your 80s prom all over again. But if you're not making the trek to the city, may I suggest cans of Aquanet as favors?
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

That's what I did for mine!! Pics are up on FB.  Best night ever.

Other than that I think costumes are essential.  Music, maybe an 80's night at a bar or club. 
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards