Not Engaged Yet

too early to start talking bikinis?

I don't know why, but all I want to do is find a cute bathing suit. Maybe because it will help inspire me to get out of my "i hate exercising" early spring slump if I have a cute suit in my closet.

For those girls with knockers, what style top do you find fits you best? The string bikini and the bandeau just don't work for me.

also, we all carry a little "extra" somewhere, and mine is in my stomach. Therefore, a bit of a "taller" (word choice?) bottom piece is appealing to me. Now I READ somewhere that 1950s style suits are coming back in (not that I super care about the trends, but it's slightly comforting to not wear something totally out there)

Would anyone ever wear a suit like this:
http://tinyurl.com/yb2s8f6

edit: Ahh, I believe the word I'm looking for is *high waisted

Re: too early to start talking bikinis?

• SoulMistressSoulMistress member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I had a flat stomach at all, I would absolutely wear that suit. Of course, I love the 40's and 50's, so perhaps I'm biased.

Try finding tops that are more like bras. Victoria's Secret sells some really cute ones with actual support.
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty busty (DD), and I try to get halters with thicker straps. Of course, that being said, I did just get this, and it looks really nice:

http://tinyurl.com/yf7rfrb

I actually bought that one last month for my trip to Spain, since we're going to Valencia for a few days, and that means the beach! It's keeping me motivated.
  • edited December 2011
    Um, it's always too early to talk about bikinis for me...I'm a tankini girl myself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tankinins allllllllll the way! They cover me up but are cute and fun! No belly showing for this larger lady! haha

And it's never to early for swim suits...indoor pools are fun too! lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kat- Both Nike and speedo make "work out" suits. Swimmers and beach volleyball players wear them. So they are pretty supportive, but still can be cute.

And no, it's never too soon to talk bathing suits. I have to start looking too, honeymoon here I come!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ohh I loooove that suit kat!!   And yes, as soon as I get rid of all this extra flab, I'd totally wear a suit like that.  I totally adore the 50's style..
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I carry the extra in my bum.... i adore the boyshort type bathing suits, but find if I order an XL string bakini it just might cover my bum.

Ps. Love the bathing suit
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely not to early for bikini's - especially since the forecast for today is 77 degrees here! That swimsuit is cute. Not for me, but cute. I wish that swimsuits with skirt bottoms weren't grandmaish. I hate hate hate the upper part of my thighs. Wish I could wear something cute to cover them up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    If now is too early, then I was much more than an early bird.  I bought these about 2 weeks ago.  Once I have a bigger belly, I may be rocking a bikini.  We'll see.  My new boobies don't fit in any of my regular bikinis.  (I tried one on and it looks like I have implants.)

I figure that being pregnant gives me license to wear a skirt.  Tongue out to Loopy. 

Kat, I like that swimsuit, but I think that style is very hard to pull off.  I am not that brave.

• edited December 2011
    Definitely not too early to start looking - atleast not for me since we're already getting highs of 80

I have a tankini with a skirt bottom and I really like it - I have stomach flab and I don't like my thighs either.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    I agree that being pregnant does give you license to wear a swimsuit skirt. I am really not raggin on them. I think I would personally feel like an old lady if I wore one although I want to.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loopy, in my searches so far I've seen a few non-Gma skirt bottoms!

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=433011&CategoryID=12425

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=442987&CategoryID=12425

Mutley, i LOVE pregnant women in bikinis. I love when they rock the belly!!

I'm definitely in a "i want to buy adorable honeymoon outfits" phase too hetshup. I would like to try on a bathing suit like this one. Maybe not quite this high waisted. I can do the rockabilly look when I want to. We shall see! I wouldn't mind some cute ruffles on my suit too.. Ahhhh maybe next weekend I'll go bathing suit shopping!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Kat that first one is super adorable. Now if only I could bring myself to spend $200 on a swimsuit we'd be in business. Now that I know cute skirts exist I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hah!! i KNOW!! I always watch them until they are super marked down. Maybe you could find a discount retailer online who sells the same suit?
  • edited December 2011
    If i could pull that look off I would totally do it, but as it stands the top of those bottoms would hit my problem area and just make me look worse.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love the boy shorts bottoms, even when I was skinnier because I'm always running around and hate to have to "adjust." 

And yes it's about a month too soon for me to even think about bathing suits but I'm meeting with my personal trainer today so hopefully soon! Kiss
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    I could try to find a similar suit online. But then I remember that I have about 15 swimsuits already that I don't hardly wear..... New, inexpensive swimsuits are hard to pass up. Just like jeans.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually have a bathing suit rather similar to the original one with the high waist.  In my experience, though, since bathing suits aren't really as supportive as jeans, the higher the waist (in bikinis, of course) the more it shows if you have a flat belly or.. not.  I am one of the not, which is why i don't really wear that one anymore.

They have some swim shorts that are shaped kind of like soffe shorts at target. i'll probably invest in some. you have to wear the regular bathing suit bottoms underneath, but i feel like i'd be less self consious in them.
    Anniversary
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I kinda just hate you for bringing up swimsuits in any manner. "Hate" is a strong word so not quite appropriate. But I would like to smack you on the nose with a newspaper.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is my all time fave bathing suit. Too bad it's old :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lzimm13lzimm13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes. Its about 15lbs too soon to be talking about swim suits. Kthxbai
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hetshup - Adorable!
  • jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love bikinis!  But I hate trying them on for the first time each year =/

Definitely shop Victoria's Secret for bigger busted styles....I have NEVER EVER been able to wear a bandeau until I tried on a VS one and it is now my favorite.  They do boobs very well =)

My thing is...I love my stomach, hate my butt/thighs.  If I could wear a bikini top and then shorts over my bottom, I would be so happy.

Now I feel like I should go work out....but alas, it's my spring break and I'm in New Orleans!
  • edited December 2011
    Hetshup, so cute.  You look like you are ready for the Hamptons. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards