Not Engaged Yet

AW: DIY Squee

My bestfriends birthday is in two weeks and I decided to make one of her presents and since I know we have some hardcore DIYers here I figured I'd share my project! :-D

She's kind of a purse junkie so I went to the thrift store and found an old hardcover book where the pages were pretty mangled. (Never fear fellow book worms,I saved the pages and plan on reading it so it's not a waste of a book) I bought some handles at a craft store and used some fabric I already had and TA DAH! a cute purse!

image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW: DIY Squee

• paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Nice work!! Heads up - these sell at our local outdoor market/crafty place for $75++++.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I saw on etsy they were going from $40 - $80 bf noticed what I was looking at and now has little business plans running through his head lol
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, how clever!!! I never would have thought to do something like that! It's so cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got the idea when I was down in DC I saw a lady selling them at a street fair for over $100 they were a lot fancier but I figured I could do it myself so I found a tutorial online and decided to give it a shot.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, Button! That's awesome and adorable!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You did a great job!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    oooh, nifty! way to go, button!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Button that is pretty darn amazing! Very impressive. I have a friend who would probably absolutley love something like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nice!!! i also have a friend who would love a book purse! so fun! and it would be perfect for those books with cool covers and hilarious names that no one actually wants to read.
  • 202987202987 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely gorgeous!  And since I can't sew worth spit (I was the girl scout who stapled her badges on), I have to bow down to you and your awesome crafty prowess.  It's beautiful-I bet she will love it :-).
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's soooo cool!!! I want one!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Haha - stapled Girl Scout badges. Sounds like something I would do, but I would use construction adhesive (Liquid Nails or similar).
  • kellyjean15kellyjean15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is super cute!  Your friend is gonna love it!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!  I'm completely impressed Button!  Too cool!

*Sorry I'm so late responding... STILL catching up on old posts that I missed while I was off getting engaged this weekend. Hah.
  • edited December 2011
    well...i guess you have a good enough excuse ;-)
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards