Not Engaged Yet
Options

Bunco anyone?

Some of my girlfriends have re-started their Bunco group and I went last night - LOVED it!!  Have any of you played?  
Their standard thing is a $5 buy-in and bring an appetizer but next month, December, we're gonna do Bunco in pjs and an ornament exchange.  I volunteered to host the January game at our new place and that month is bad sweater Bunco!!  How fun!!  

P.S. - does having fun at Bunco make me an old lady, officially?

Re: Bunco anyone?

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am officially an old lady, as I knit and cross stitch and quilt regularly.

Therefore, I can say I'm not sure if you're an old lady because I don't know what bunco is (well I assume it's a card game, but not sure how to play.)  My grandma plays canasta for a $1 buy-in each week, so you're not yet as old as her :) 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bunco is SOOOO fun!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it makes you an old lady at all! I've never played, but I know a lot of gals at work do (who are not grey-hairs either!) and love it. I'd totally join a Bunco group if I knew of one close to me.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Bunco. 

Yay I'm not an old lady! Tongue out

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never in my life heard of Bunco. Maybe it's a regiona thing like Euchre?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Never heard of Bunco?!!?  Maybe it's a big Southern California thing?  It's a dice game with multiple rounds.  Just lots of dice rolling and a little bit of math in adding up the points.  I guess different groups do a few different things - various buy-ins and such.  I played YEARS ago a few times and that groups buy-in was different every month.  Some months they'd do toilet paper, some paper towels - stuff like that.  Then the winners get household supplies.  This group also does a bunco gift for the girl who rolls the most buncos and also has a bunco necklace that the person who rolled the most recent bunco wears.  And whenever someone rolls a bunco (three dice of the same number - has the be the number for that round) there's lots of cheers and excitement.  Oh, and there's wine.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friends and I play bunco every month! We do a $5 buy in as well, and we also do a $3 LRC game afterwards to give us a chance to win some more money!!

I LOVE the idea of an ornament exchange for December! I will have to see if anyone else is up for doing that...
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, do you guys have any other traditions?  I'm excited about PJ night and bad sweater night but I'm wondering what kind of fun stuff we can do for the spring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The only other thing we do is the traveler's gift - the hostess buys a gift and whoever ends up with the "traveler" (usually some little stuffed toy) at the end of the game gets the gift.

"Traveler" for us is when you roll three 2's - you yell out "traveler" and you get the toy.  It gets tossed around all night and towards the end the game, you're really hoping to roll those three 2's!!

BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds fun too!!  I'll ask the girls if they'd want to add that in future games!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I played it once before, it was pretty fun I played with younger people it doesn't seem old lady like at all.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards