Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wisdom teeth :(

Hey Ladies,

I have been MIA for a few weeks as I have been very busy but since I am pretty much bed ridden while on these pain killers I thought I would come here and complain about how much pain I am in and how high my narcotics make me feel heh..Still no proposal but I have been trying my best not to think about it and have not even spoken to the B/f about it for a good month now. Since we looked at rings I have been trying to improve myself. For one i have managed to grow my nails because I think a nice pretty ring would like better on more feminine looking fingers lol and at the thought of potential engagement pictures, I have been exercising and eating better in an attempt to lose some weight. I am also going to be a bridesmaid so I would like to look better than I did in my MOH dress last year lol..So far the whole wisdom tooth removal aka forceful liquid diet has been helping me with that weight loss issue which is great but I know that I will gain it all back because as soon as I am able, I intend to eat EVERYTHING haha! Anyways, this is just a bunch of random rambling that i just did and I will blame it on and any spelling/typing errors on my meds! Have a lovely day ladies!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wisdom teeth :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I keep trying to quote buggle, but TK is pulling up some make-up related quote from carebeth. ugh.

Anyway, I completely agree about the dey socket thing. I had one and it was a real bummer. If you keep having a lot of pain, get it checked out! 
  • Options
    pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I am so dreading having to have my wisdom teeth out. : / Especially since last time I tried, I reacted to the anesthesia and ended up having to leave with my teeth still in! Ugh.

I hear you on the self-improvement thing, too. Ever since BF and I started talking engagement, I've been trying to lose weight and started growing my hair back out. Both things I would have done anyway, but good incentive is good. :) I wish I could grow my nails out too, and get them looking pretty, but my nails have always been fairly jacked up and I've pretty well given up on them. Have to go get acrylics or something before I go showing my hands off, LOL.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loved the meds they gave me when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I've never had any kind of major surgery or cause for prescription pain medication except for that one time and I was like WHEEEEEEE!!!!!! 

Your post was totally random, but kind of hilarious. Hope you feel better ASAP!
  • Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wisdom-teeth-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:85952042-5cf0-4420-89cd-9483d06c0073Post:00fe58c0-cf1d-4656-9a4f-ed6867906ccf">Re: Wisdom teeth :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, I am so dreading having to have my wisdom teeth out. : / Especially since last time I tried, I reacted to the anesthesia and ended up having to leave with my teeth still in! Ugh. I hear you on the self-improvement thing, too. Ever since BF and I started talking engagement, I've been trying to lose weight and started growing my hair back out. Both things I would have done anyway, but good incentive is good. :) I wish I could grow my nails out too, and get them looking pretty, but my nails have always been fairly jacked up and I've pretty well given up on them. Have to go get acrylics or something before I go showing my hands off, LOL.
    Posted by pockysquirrel[/QUOTE]

I have been getting manicures with Shellac and it has seriously worked wonders. It keeps them strong and hard so they don't break anymore and have been able to grow. They normally are brittle, and break very easily but since the Shellac, they have been wonderful.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hm. I actually had a lovely wisdom teeth removal experience. Although, my doctor was pretty kick asss- he also removed my mom's when she was in high school! Yeah- he'd been doing it for quite sometime.

After the oral surgery- I actually didn't even take anything for the pain except advil.

So don't fear, Pocky- it's not always bad.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just be glad you can take the pain meds. I couldn't - they made me soo sick, so I was alternating 2 Advil and 2 Tylenol every 2 hours for a few days. Bad news bears (actually, everything about getting my wisdom teeth out was bad news bears for me...I was definitely one of the unlucky ones.)

Anyway, I'm jealous that you're growing your nails out. Everytime I try I end up failing miserably. A couple of them break and then I trim them all down short and try again. It's a nasty cycle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Wisdom teeth and teeth in general sure do come up a lot on this message board. hahah

Which just reminds me that I want to improve my oral appearance. Le sigh.

Did everyone else get told they HAD to remove their wisdom teeth? My dentist was like "you should," but wasn't pushy enough. So there mine sit being all gross and proving me with no wisdom at all.
  • Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told the older you get the harder it is for them to come out because the roots keep growing and eventually they can grow through your nerves and that is painful and can lead to complications so the earlier you get them out the better. I was also told that they will become rotten over time because its hard to brush back there so there is really no pointin keeping them..so I was given the choice but at the same time I was coerced because of what he said lol
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Goodness. Maybe I'll get that speech this next appt. when the dentist sees that after a year, I haven't gotten them removed. Gah!
  • Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Since I finished school and over 21, I am not longer allowed to be under my mom's benefits so I had them out before the end of this year while I am still covered otherwise i probably would have procrastinated as well lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Beads.  I only got my tonsils out (still have the daunting wisdom teeth) and the liquid vicodin they gave me made me constipated and nauseous.  Luckily I was never in any pain, I just started taking it because I thought I had to.  Needless to say I only took it for one day.  I'm lucky I have a high pain tolerance I guess.

I'm sorry you are still in pain :( Can you get away with sleeping as much as you can or will your mouth dry out? When I had my tonsilectomy I couldn't sleep more than a couple hours at a time because my throat would dry out :(
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That sucks!  I've been needing to get mine out for a few years now, but since they aren't impacted or anything, I've been putting it off (and I don't have dental insurance).  Once I get on FI's insurance after the wedding, I'll probably have to do it though.  It sucks because I have all 4 too...I am sooo not looking forward to it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had mine out it was horrible.  I hope you feel better soon!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got mine out last week too :( I'm slowly starting to be able to eat regular foods but chewing is still a bit of a painful challenge.

I was told by my dentist that I should consider having mine removed so I scheduled an appointment with the oral surgeon. Basically mine needed to come out because 1.) my jaw was too small and they would never have room to come in and 2.) I had one that was completely sideways that was starting to push on my other teeth.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got mine out last March and it was amazing.  I just had my regualr dentist to it.  They put me on laughing gas and I got to watch Space Balls while they did it.  The Lortabs were fabulous.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I got booted from the oral surgeon's office the first time I went to have my wisdom teeth removed. They were warned ahead of time by my Daddy that I was mortified of needles and that they would need to use nitrous oxide on me but they did not listen, so I FREAKED when I saw the needle for the IV (in my defense, I was 13). They kicked me out and I had to go back a week later. WOO~

• Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wisdom-teeth-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:85952042-5cf0-4420-89cd-9483d06c0073Post:c75e35b2-5781-45ee-a2a5-980afdd8d543">Re: Wisdom teeth :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got mine out last week too :( I'm slowly starting to be able to eat regular foods but chewing is still a bit of a painful challenge. I was told by my dentist that I should consider having mine removed so I scheduled an appointment with the oral surgeon. Basically mine needed to come out because 1.) my jaw was too small and they would never have room to come in and 2.) I had one that was completely sideways that was starting to push on my other teeth.
    Posted by sapphirebaby926[/QUOTE]

I was so hungry and sick of liquid foods that I ate a 6 inch sub today, bit by bit and it took well over an hour haha..I just want to be able to eat my solid foods again :(. One of mine was growing in with no space for it and the other was impacted. Thankfully I don't have my top ones, they never showed and they will not be missed!
  • Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wisdom-teeth-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:85952042-5cf0-4420-89cd-9483d06c0073Post:3bebc7d8-9c4c-445f-8d4b-5cb82c81a10f">Re: Wisdom teeth :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got booted from the oral surgeon's office the first time I went to have my wisdom teeth removed. They were warned ahead of time by my Daddy that I was mortified of needles and that they would need to use nitrous oxide on me but they did not listen, so I FREAKED when I saw the needle for the IV (in my defense, I was 13). They kicked me out and I had to go back a week later. WOO~
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I don't mind needles at all, I get them weekly for allergy shots and was on Depo provera (birtch control shot) for 2 years but they insisted on the laughing gas and it was awesome..until I woke up..Today is the first day in 6 days that I feel somewhat lucid because I have not been taking my narcotics.
  • Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wisdom-teeth-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:85952042-5cf0-4420-89cd-9483d06c0073Post:1f474e5a-3280-408a-b0c1-21c1e45e5b75">Re: Wisdom teeth :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just be glad you can take the pain meds. I couldn't - they made me soo sick, so I was alternating 2 Advil and 2 Tylenol every 2 hours for a few days. Bad news bears (actually, everything about getting my wisdom teeth out was bad news bears for me...I was definitely one of the unlucky ones.) Anyway, I'm jealous that you're growing your nails out. Everytime I try I end up failing miserably. A couple of them break and then I trim them all down short and try again. It's a nasty cycle.
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

I was so afraid of puking while on the meds because I can only imagine what that feels like with gaping holes in your mouth so I was stayed in bed and barely moved to reduce a ny dizziness or nauseau they may induce. I also had a meal replacement shake or any kind of food before every pill just to be on the safe side! That really sucks that they made you that sick, I would not last without my meds, my jaw was killing me and still hurts.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wisdom-teeth-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:85952042-5cf0-4420-89cd-9483d06c0073Post:e7e444a5-7a4c-4494-8a03-cca7e1128865">Re: Wisdom teeth :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wisdom teeth :( : I don't mind needles at all, I get them weekly for allergy shots and was on Depo provera (birtch control shot) for 2 years but they insisted on the laughing gas and it was awesome..until I woke up..Today is the first day in 6 days that I feel somewhat lucid because I have not been taking my narcotics.
    Posted by lam2014[/QUOTE]
    They didn't even give me narcotics afterwards. I got anti-nausea medication that I didn't end up using, but that was it.

And now I'm not afraid of needles because I give blood and, well, I start lines on people every day. But Lord mercy I was terrified of them as a kid...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards