Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday Workout

Today is the beginning of week 3 for me staying on track.

I got some Chest & Back in on my lunch break. Abs is coming up on my next break and then I'll go for a run after work.

The only workouts I missed last week was one run and Legs & Back, but I still ran 4 times and did 4 dvd workouts and abs 3x. So still doing something every day.

B&C: Your daughter sounds like my cousin's kid. She used to turn and look behind her when she first started running. That child had more bruises from running head first into things than I can even count, lol.

Tdwpg: I hope your doc can get you some migraine meds and you can get into your program!
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Monday Workout

• Options
    I'm hoping to get started going to the gym this week. I failed last week (lol). There is a class at 3 today that I want to try but I don't know if I will have time with everything else I have to get done...

I'm impressed with all you girls who have kept up with your work-outs!

• Options
    Recovery week, 4th and last week of Phase 1.  Yoga tonight, strangely I feel like week will be a low work out week.  I know the yoga kicks ass but some how yoga and stretch don't sound as intense as ab ripper, legs and back and pull ups.  Eh.... we shall see.  3 weeks down 10 to go. 
  • Options
    went for a walk at lunch, just got back!  did 2 laps today instead of 1 (I have nothing else to do, work is very slow today) so I averaged about 2.5 miles in 30 minutes.  not bad.

we had to put my mom's dog down last week (after all the stuff with amputating, etc.) so my mom is really upset.  I invited her over to do some walking/aerobics DVDs or if it's not too cold out, we can go walk outside.  and then I'm supposed to do 30DS tonight as well.  I'm trying to get back on track after a horrible weekend.

Friday was the day we put Sassy to sleep, so I fell back into emotional eating.  like, I ate 2 donuts and then had Asian food (but I only ate 2.5 crab rangoons and 1/3 my plate, so not bad??).  Saturday I went to the chocolate festival (YUM) and then had Five Guys afterwards.  Saturday night we had a Spanish fellowship after service and I had green enchiladas, rice, beans, homemade tortillas, salad... it was wonderful but I was so full.  I planned to eat well on Sunday for lunch, but my H was invited to preach at a Spanish church across town.  they had a whole lunch for us afterwards, so we ate chicken thighs/legs, rice, and tamales.  AH!  no wonder I was back up 2 pounds.
  • Options
    I had a really rough sleep last night and ended up sleeping in this morning. However, I did take the dog for a 15 minute walk this morning and I'm hoping to maybe do a dvd tonight. My weigh in has really inspired me to keep going.
  • Options
    I have 4 weeks before my BFF's wedding and a dress to be sure I fit in to so I am going to chime in for these daily workout posts if that's ok! 

I am doing good this week so far.  I did weight lifting for 1 hour and then turbo kickboxing for 1 hour back to back on Saturday.  Did errands all day Sunday.  So far this morning I got up early and walked for 1/2 hour on the treadmill and then I'm doing a spin class after work.

I gotta lose at least 5lbs or I won't get to eat dinner at the wedding eek!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I want to thank you guys so much, especially Ely, for posting every day. I follow the posts, but haven't posted myself. I've been eating at home and eating healthier the last two weeks and I can already see some tiny results. BF and I want to start training for a 5K this week. I've been struggling with a virus that really affected my breathing, but I'm better this week. I'm hoping we'll start training tonight!! 

Thanks for the accountability! I'm really hoping I can stick with it this time... 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-workout-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8762a283-f1ed-4ea8-ba75-420a4c464750Post:94a81422-7a19-4229-9eb3-f12e539dac3f">Re: Monday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]went for a walk at lunch, just got back!  did 2 laps today instead of 1 (I have nothing else to do, work is very slow today) so I averaged about 2.5 miles in 30 minutes.  not bad. we had to put my mom's dog down last week (after all the stuff with amputating, etc.) so my mom is really upset.  I invited her over to do some walking/aerobics DVDs or if it's not too cold out, we can go walk outside.  and then I'm supposed to do 30DS tonight as well.  I'm trying to get back on track after a horrible weekend. <strong>Friday was the day we put Sassy to sleep</strong>, so I fell back into emotional eating.  like, I ate 2 donuts and then had Asian food (but I only ate 2.5 crab rangoons and 1/3 my plate, so not bad??).  Saturday I went to the chocolate festival (YUM) and then had Five Guys afterwards.  Saturday night we had a Spanish fellowship after service and I had green enchiladas, rice, beans, homemade tortillas, salad... it was wonderful but I was so full.  I planned to eat well on Sunday for lunch, but my H was invited to preach at a Spanish church across town.  they had a whole lunch for us afterwards, so we ate chicken thighs/legs, rice, and tamales.  AH!  no wonder I was back up 2 pounds.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Sorry I'm late but I'm so sorry Coco, that must have been really hard :( Thinking of you 

</div>

• Options
    I think I'm going to start 30DS tonight.  

Wish me luck haha

• Options
    thanks, rdr.

30DS killed me the first few times.  I would cry and I couldn't finish it.  but I can get through the whole first workout without stopping and/or putting down the weights, so it'll get better.  let me know how it goes for you!
  • Options
    Beth: What kind of class is it?

Lauren: Enjoy your yoga! : )

Lyn: The recovery week does have some lower intensity workouts, but it's still a lot! Have fun! : ) You're gonna be done before you know it.

Coco: Good job on the extra lap!! I'm sorry to hear about your mom's dog. That's always hard. I also know how it feels to try to eat healthy when you're surrounded by a lot of bad choices. My family has gotten used to me bringing my own food. All except my dad. It still bothers him, lol, but he tries to find something that we can all eat.

Hazel: Good job on the walk with your dog! If you don't feel like doing the dvd, just put it in and do 10 minutes. Once you've made it that far, you're not going to want to stop. That's a trick I use when I don't want to do something, lol.

DoubleSS: The more the merrier!! 5 pounds in 4 weeks is definitely doable! : )

Audre: I think it really does help to read and see what everyone else is doing each day. It has definitely helped me to keep going! I hope you feel well enough to start your program.
    -Ely

• Options
    RDR: Good luck with 30DS!  Are you still doing the Pinterest workout?
    -Ely

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-workout-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8762a283-f1ed-4ea8-ba75-420a4c464750Post:bc1b5b5d-79fe-4a64-a6b5-ccc1637f7175">Re: Monday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ely, I figured yoga was my best bet today...it feels like the re-emergence of the cold weather made my muscles extra stiff haha.  Man, that makes me sound old!
    Posted by laurenb09[/QUOTE]

Sounds like yoga is perfect for today then, lol. I feel old often. I'm still sore and muscles are tight from running yesterday and I pulled an ab muscle showing off a workout move to my dad, lol. I'd much rather take a nap than hit the workout room right now, lol. But ... I'm going to put on my shoes, get geared up and at least walk over there and see how I feel. Wish me luck! : )
    -Ely

• Options

Audreweh - FI and I are considering signing up for a 5K as well.

Ely - Thanks. I know that's really what I should have done, but it was a hard motivation when I was working on less than 5 hours sleep.

• Options
    Just walked just under a mile at work today, Hope to get to the point of hitting a mile in fifteen min (power walking) I hope I have burned off all the extra calories I ate over the weekend!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-workout-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8762a283-f1ed-4ea8-ba75-420a4c464750Post:53e76ec6-29e4-4d21-bc05-3694c83a15c1">Re: Monday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]Audreweh - FI and I are considering signing up for a 5K as well. Ely - Thanks. I know that's really what I should have done, but it was a hard motivation when I was working on less than 5 hours sleep.
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

Well, sleep is a major part of weight loss too. If you're not getting enough sleep, there are studies that show that it is harder to lose weight and you're more likely to gain weight than someone who gets at least 7 hours of sleep a night. So you definitely don't want to just give up your sleep to work out either. It's as important as water. Plus, you're going to feel better and want to do better if you're fully rested. That's not to say you should not workout and just sleep 9 or 10 hours a day, lol, but you know what I mean.
    -Ely

• Options
    Molly (and other walkers): I found this chart online. Might be helpful.

Calories burned per mile by walking

Speed/Pounds 100 lb 120 lb 140 lb 160 lb 180 lb 200 lb 220 lb 250 lb 275 lb 300 lb
    2.0mph 57 68 80 91 102 114 125 142 156 170
    2.5mph 55 65 76 87 98 109 120 136 150 164
    3.0mph 53 64 74 85 95 106 117 133 146 159
    3.5mph 52 62 73 83 94 104 114 130 143 156
    4.0mph 57 68 80 91 102 114 125 142 156 170
    4.5mph 64 76 89 102 115 127 140 159 175 191
    5.0mph 73 87 102 116 131 145 160 182 200 218
    -Ely

• Options
    Also found this:

“Sin” Food

How Much Running at 10 min/mile

McDonald's Big Mac
    560 Cal

50 min

Burger King Double Whopper 
    900 Cal

1 hour 20 min

Wendy's Big Bacon Classic
    580 Cal

52 min

Coca Cola (Coke) Classic (can)
    140 Cal

12 min

Cheez It Crackers: Original (1 package)
    1440 Cal 

2 hours 8 min

DiGiorno Pizza, Frozen: Cheese Stuffed Crust, Four Cheese (1 slice)
    360 Cal

32 min

Kwik Trip’s Chocolate Covered Glazer Donut (1 donut)
    220 Cal

20 min

Mrs. Smith's Carrot cake w. cream cheese frosting (1/6 cake – 1 piece)
    300 Cal

27 min

Muffins, Blueberry, commercially prepared (1 extra large)
    465 Cal 

41 min

Sara Lee’s Caramel Applenut Deep Dish Pie, frozen (one slice - 1/9 pie)
    370 Cal

33 min

Potato Chips plain, salted (1 bag)
    1242 Cal 

1 hour 50 min

Godiva Chocolate: Truffle Amaretto
    (1 piece)
    110 Cal 

10 min

Hershey's Cookies 'n' Crème (1 package)
    300 Cal 

27 min

Ice Cream: Regular (10% fat) (1/2 cup)
    201 Cal 

18 min

-Ely

• Options
    I'm hoping to get on the ellipitcal in a few minutes.  

Anniversary

• Options
    doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    HA! ok for the Godiva chocolate I would run 1 mile in 10mis to burn it off..but only because it's shark week :P

• Options
    Woo! 30DS: D1 = Complete! 

The only thing I couldn't do was the push-ups.  I didn't take any breaks other than stopping during those, I just can't for the life of me do more than 5 push-ups.  

I am so so proud of myself for completing the whole workout! Even FI said he was proud of me for pushing myself!   

Ely, I did the Pinterest workout 3 days last week & I think that's the only reason I was able to finish today.  I started this though because I need more work on my abs & arms & didn't feel I was getting enough out of that workout. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-workout-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8762a283-f1ed-4ea8-ba75-420a4c464750Post:a30c3c4b-36ff-4081-b2a8-a06679a1676b">Monday Workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is the beginning of week 3 for me staying on track. I got some Chest & Back in on my lunch break. Abs is coming up on my next break and then I'll go for a run after work. The only workouts I missed last week was one run and Legs & Back, but I still ran 4 times and did 4 dvd workouts and abs 3x. So still doing something every day. B&C: Your daughter sounds like my cousin's kid. She used to turn and look behind her when she first started running. That child had more bruises from running head first into things than I can even count, lol. Tdwpg: I hope your doc can get you some migraine meds and you can get into your program!
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! I'm actually looking for another doctor, because mine is just awful. (Really? Who tells a single girl that they need to get off birth control and have a baby because they're getting old {I was single when I first started seeing this doctor}) I still felt like crap today, back is hurting more than usual, and my head and stomach still aren't 100%. so I put off my run. I'll get out tomorrow for sure. I still have a couple weeks of wiggle room between when the c25k program is over and when my goal race is, so it's not a huge deal.
  • Options
    RDR: Well hopefully 30DS will be more of a challenge for you then!

TDWPG: I can't believe your doctor said that, lol. I think I'd find a new doctor too! Hope you feel better!
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards