Not Engaged Yet
Options

Happy Anniversary!

Tomorrow is my 3 year anniversary =) We're going out for sushi, and I'm giving him a Flash t-shirt. I suddenly remembered he'd repeatedly expressed a desire to have one. He loves the Flash.

We haven't had a survey in awhile, so I'm making one all about anniversaries. Short but sweet.

1. How long have you and your SO been together?

2. What did you do on your first anniversary?

3. What did you do on your last (or what will you be doing on your next) anniversary?

4. What is your favorite thing to do to celebrate your anniversary (other than BJs and anal, that's a given, amirite?)

5. Do you exchange gifts? If so, what is the best gift you've recieved from him? What was the best thing you gave him (other than BJ's or anal)?

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: Happy Anniversary!

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    3 years, 4 months, 23 days 

Exchanged inexpensive gifts and went out to dinner. No idea where, I have a bad memory!

3. What did you do on your last (or what will you be doing on your next) anniversary?
    Our last anniversary we took it easy because it fell after two trips to Vegas and before a big 4th of July weekend (we got engaged!), so we didn't do much. That is probably the last one we'll celebrate since we're getting married before our next anniversary! FI never did like celebrating those, he is waiting for our wedding anniversary to start celebrating.

4. What is your favorite thing to do to celebrate your anniversary (other than BJs and anal, that's a given, amirite?)
    I like to talk a little bit about those first exciting few months when we first met. How we felt about each other then, and everything we've been through together since.

5. Do you exchange gifts? If so, what is the best gift you've recieved from him? What was the best thing you gave him (other than BJ's or anal)?
    Usually we just give little things, so there isn't a 'best gift.' 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Happy anniversary to you two!

Since August 10th, 2008.

Gosh I cannot recall. I believe we went out to dinner and I remember getting him Redskins tickets. His father had passed just a few days before our first anniversary so that was a rough time.

3. What is your favorite thing to do to celebrate your anniversary (other than BJs and anal, that's a given, amirite?)
    ha um I love when we plan a weekend trip to a new place.

4. Do you exchange gifts? If so, what is the best gift you've recieved from him? What was the best thing you gave him (other than BJ's or anal)?
    We do sometimes exchange gifts. This year was my favorite gift and it was the engagement book he made. I suck at gift giving. I don't think any one anniversary gift stands out as a good one. I like it better when we both pitch in for something like going away for the weekend.

• Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    3 years and 4 months

We went to San Francisco for dinner and dancing at a fancy hotel and stayed the night at another (less expensive) hotel.

On our last one, we went to Vegas. The next one is a little further away, as it will move from July to September.

I like to take a trip somewhere fun.

Years 1 and 2 he gave me flowers. On year 2, I have him a watch (which I had actually bought for his b-day 10 days later.) I thought he was going to propose on our 2-year anniversary trip, but it turned out to be 2 months later.

Sorry about the font. I can't un-bold it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    3 years this past Monday

I think we went to a nice restaurant. I don't really remember!

We didn't do anything special for our 3rd. I had class and work and he had to work so we just hung out at home.

I llke when we can just spend the day together. Just hanging out with him is the best thing =)

I think we did some small stuff for 1 and 2. I know I made him a photobook for our 2 year that he loved.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Anniversary to you and your guy :D

It'll be five years on 19 January.

We went to the movie theater and saw either Juno or Benjamin Button...I can't remember. We also probably ate at Chiles or Applebees. You know, not as nice of a restaurant as the Olive Garden but close ;)

We went to Niagara Falls in Canada for a few days. It was so great, despite the 16 hour round trip drive. I wanted to plan a nice trip for our upcoming anniversary, but we might just stick around home and celebrate some other way.

Lol! Um, as long as we acknowledge that it's our anniversary to set it a part from any other date, it's good with me :)

He cleaned my room for my birthday this year, that was a pretty freakin' awesome gift. For our first anniversary he gave me a beautiful silver bracelet. It was really sweet because he was so concerned I wouldn't like it.
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys are definitely giving me some good ideas for future anniversaries! =)

Three years as of tomorrow <3

Went to dinner at a really nice sushi restaurant. We decided to go there every year for our anniversary since it's a really special kind of place and the food is tops.

We went to the sushi restaurant, and he proposed! =) I had a feeling it was going to happen because he'd dropped some very strong hints.

Eat sushi, obviously! Hahaha...no, but we also love to just be together. We don't take phone calls (except for emergencies), we don't have friends over. We do everything together on that day (except if one of us has to work). Tomorrow, he wants to take me out to brunch, or go to a farmer's market.

The best gift he ever gave me was my engagement ring. Oh, and one year he got me tickets to see Eddie Izzard at Madison Square Garden. The best gift I ever gave him was his peacoat. When we first started dating, he didn't really have any "winter" coats, just windbreakers and hoodies. So I got him a sharp-looking black peacoat from Old Navy. He wears it well.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Happy anniversary Bside!!!

4.5 years

I have no idea. We probably went out to dinner.

See above haha. Our next anniversary (June) will be the last one before our wedding!!

We don't really make a big deal about it. Maybe just dinner or we'll cook something yummy at home. 

Nope, we don't do gifts.  It's near both of our birthdays so we just go to dinner usually.

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1. How long have you and your SO been together? 4 years and 2 days (our anniv. was Wed)

2. What did you do on your first anniversary? We went to the same restaurant we went to on our first date...WITH my dad and my dad's best friend (they were up visiting, haha!)

We're going out to dinner this weekend at a new place.  BF replaced my earrings that I lost during our scuba certification (I totally ripped one out of my ear - he wasn't too happy, haha)

4. What is your favorite thing to do to celebrate your anniversary (other than BJs and anal, that's a given, amirite?)  I love going to new restaurants (we went to one last year too!) I'm a Food Network addict so I like to see the fancy platings - plus, we really don't drink much alcohol so I'm a cheap date :)

We usually exchange gifts but I didn't give him one this year because I had no ideas, lol.  I'm paying for dinner (sweet).  He gets me jewelry for our anniv a lot, and that's about the only jewelry I wear.  I once got him a motorcycle jacket which was pretty sweet :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    2 years and 7ish months? I'll have to double check my ticker once this is posted.

Both years we went to the same really nice restaurant that we love.

The next one (in March) I want to do something a little different. I think going away for the weekend would be nice, and very relaxing.

I just love having the time set aside for us to spend with each other, reminiscing about how we fell in love and everything we have been through together. And I like the sex.

For anniversaries we usually don't exchange much. It's shortly after my birthday, and since BF works construction he is laid off for the winter so we are pretty money concious in March. Time with each other and delicious food are our #1 priority :)
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    8.5 years :)

We went to the original Lola, Michael Simmon's (Iron Chef) first place before he moved down town. We worked in the industry and just down the street, so we got hooked up and had a wonderful night!!!

I think we just had a nice dinner at home. We really (ok BF doesn't see the point) in making a big deal over anniversaries. This year we will be on a plane to Tokyo!! 

I like to either get dressed up and go out to dinner, or cook a really fancy meal together and chill at home with a good bottle of wine.

We have in the past, but not so much any more. I got him a watch for our first anniversary, he got me a Coach wallet. Since then its been little things like a book or video game, or we just get really good wine :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your third anniversary!  We're on the way there . . .

Almost 2 1/2 years . . how time flies!!

Our anniversary is July 4th we get fireworks every year!  We usually spend the day with family and friends on the lake because that's what his family has always done on July 4th.  It's so much fun and the night ends with us all on the boats, cuddled up under blankets watching the fireworks show.

We did the exact same thing last year as we did the first year.  I guess that's our anniversary tradition!

Making our own fireworks when we get home from the actual fireworks show.  Yep, I'm that cheesy this morning.

No gift for anniversaries.  Not sure if that will always be the case but that's what we've done so far.  Instead, we put gift money towards our family vacation later in the month of July - two weeks on a houseboat!!
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. We'll have been together 2 years on the 23rd of this month. 2. Spent 3 nights at the Mandalay Bay where he ended up proposing. 3. I'm not sure what we're going to be doing for this one. Nothing is planned, yet. 4. All the sex. I'm shallow like that. 5. The only things we exchange on our anniversary is bodily fluids.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    three years six months and seven days!

We went to dinner and then out for martinis
    Went to dinner and then to a friends house (we dont really celebrate)

Just spend time with FI and get all dressed up and pretty for dinner.
    We don't because we give random gifts throughout the year. He randomly comes home with flowers or ill randomly buy him a movie he's been talking about.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1 1/2 years next Tuesday.

BF and I slept in and spent some quality time together.

See above :) But next Tuesday I am making lobster tails for dinner with other things that I haven't figured out yet. lol

hahaha... I just like being together and keeping away from the rest of the world. Just some good old us time.

So far, we have not. But I'm sure we will for wedding anniversaries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-anniversary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8944a093-3630-44fe-bba4-5b6f1836e458Post:41ec73e5-e42a-4bc3-a5fe-b7298ab290a0">Happy Anniversary!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Tomorrow is my 3 year anniversary =) </strong>We're going out for sushi, and I'm giving him a Flash t-shirt. I suddenly remembered he'd repeatedly expressed a desire to have one. He loves the Flash.   We haven't had a survey in awhile, so I'm making one all about anniversaries. Short but sweet. 1. How long have you and your SO been together? 2. What did you do on your first anniversary? 3. What did you do on your last (or what will you be doing on your next) anniversary? 4. What is your favorite thing to do to celebrate your anniversary (other than BJs and anal, that's a given, amirite?) 5. Do you exchange gifts? If so, what is the best gift you've recieved from him? What was the best thing you gave him (other than BJ's or anal)?
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow is my 3 year anniversary too! Only we can't celebrate together because yesterday he left on a business trip to Germany! GAH :(
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Next Wednesday it will be 1 year and 9 months.

Ummm... Hell if I actually remember!! Is that sad?? 

We tend to celebrate monthly anniversaries, mainly because it's usually our one DATE night that we set aside for just us. With the rest of our lives, we just get so busy that it's that one night out of the month where everyone else can eff off. We don't really do anything special, we usually do dinner and a movie, or something fun and random

hahaha... I just like being together and keeping away from the rest of the world. Just some good old us time.

Nope.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1. How long have you and your SO been together? A little over two years.

2. What did you do on your first anniversary? I don't remember, lol. My LiveJournal would be illuminating, but I'm at work and can't remember my password and it's friends only :X.

3. What did you do on your last (or what will you be doing on your next) anniversary? We were both working, so we waited until this past Monday to celebrate our anniversary. We had a couples massage, went to the Frist Center to look at their Egyptian exhibit, ate dinner at the Spaghetti Factory (they have gluten free, yay!), went to our favorite used bookstore and closed out the night by seeing In Time (our first movie since Harry Potter, haha).

4. What is your favorite thing to do to celebrate your anniversary (other than BJs and anal, that's a given, amirite?) I just like spending time with him.

5. Do you exchange gifts? If so, what is the best gift you've recieved from him? What was the best thing you gave him (other than BJ's or anal)? No. We give each other gifts randomly on occasion, but usually if we want something, we just buy it ourselves.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    happy anniversary bside!!!!

2 yrs and 1 month as of yesterday

we just went out to a nice dinner

Our 2 yr was Oct 10th, we spent the weekend in NYC, at the Hudson hotel

go out to a nice dinner and spend time together

Last year I got him a video game he really wanted.  The best gift was this year, I got an engraved new ipod saying from the princess bride "This is true love do you think this happens every day?"

Anniversary

• Options
    Allisonesq77Allisonesq77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

4 and a half years.

Had a nice dinner, many drinks, and then great sex.

No lie, had another nice dinner, many drinks, and then great sex.

Other than dinner drinks and sex we try and have the first fire of the year in our   fireplace. Weather permitting of course!

We normally don't exchange gifts as weird as that sounds. I think one year he got me some awesome stuff from VSecret, (although that well may have been just selfish on his part now that I think of it) and one year I got him a remote controlled helicopter which we both promptly broke. Um, I guess you could say we're not really good at anniversarys?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards