Not Engaged Yet

AWing it up

Hello ladies! I haven't been around much lately, just posting here and there. Things have been interesting lately, to say the least. I have been so busy with school and work and I've been out of town almost every weekend. Finally things have settled back into the normal pattern.

I have been feeling a little (ok, a lot) blah lately. It's been crazy stressful going to school all day and then work right after until like 9 at night and on top of it M is getting ready to graduate in a month. He's been looking for jobs and apartments and all that good stuff and it's got me stressing out even more. It really sucks not knowing if he's going to be able to get a job right away and if he does where he will be moving too. I worry a lot in case you can't tell.

M came up to visit me this past weekend and really calmed me down. We had our couples session with an absolutely amazing photographer. We haven't gotten the pictures back yet but we did get a sneak peek. Yay!!

How has everyone been? Anything interesting going on in your lives? And for a Monday question:

If you had to choose between Johnny Depp and Channing Tatum who would you choose? Personally I'd go with Johnny Depp, he's sexy and versatile. If you don't like either of them which male celebrity do you like?

Re: AWing it up

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is a GREAT photo of you two! I love the trees! And you guys are adorable, gazing into each others eyes. :)

I think graduating/finding a job is a stressful time, but it's not anything you can control. All that stress is just making you feel worse, right? So try to just let go a little. Have faith that things will work out. Try to enjoy things as much as you can. Life is too short to spend it all stressed out! If you can, get in some hard workouts. That always helps when I'm feeling stressed.

I would choose Depp b/c I think he has more intelligence and depth, but damn, that Channing is hooooooooootttttt!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awing-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8950cd09-9107-483b-8101-2a17651dc95fPost:b6c26da2-17ac-4f61-a29f-e9cdb673bcb9">Re: AWing it up</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is a GREAT photo of you two! I love the trees! And you guys are adorable, gazing into each others eyes. :) I think graduating/finding a job is a stressful time, but it's not anything you can control. All that stress is just making you feel worse, right? So try to just let go a little. Have faith that things will work out. Try to enjoy things as much as you can. Life is too short to spend it all stressed out! If you can, get in some hard workouts. That always helps when I'm feeling stressed. I would choose Depp b/c I think he has more intelligence and depth, but damn, that Channing is hooooooooootttttt!
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Aww thanks. She was an awesome photographer and made us both feel really comfortable!

I definitely am trying to jus tlet go and have faith. I tend to overthink things and worry so just putting it all in God's hands is going to be a it difficult. Maybe start taking some yoga or something to help me relax.

I completely agree Channing is just so dang fine. His wife is one lucky woman!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous pic!  I love the highlights in your hair.  Did you do your hair/makeup yourself for the shoot?  Looking forward to seeing the rest!

Channing's hot, Johnny's hot in some roles but I find him as a person kind of strange.  I'm really not interested in any actors, but if I had to pick a character, I'd say Michael Weston in Burn Notice.  He's so bad-ass, soft-hearted sexy.  My guy calls him my "other boyfriend".  As in, "Is your other boyfriend on TV tonight?"  Tee hee!

Anniversary

• mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I've been MIA too.  FI and I have been SUPER stressed with buying the house (well building a house), money, and him getting out of the army and becoming a fulltime student.  It's been a little rocky, but we just got back from our cruise to the bahamas and it was JUST what we needed!!! 

AWs:
    Wedding Venue:  http://www.chestercountywedding.com/

What our house looked like yesterday:

Our view last week:

Channing is yummy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your hair. Cut, color, everything!!! I'm excited to see more pictures. Try not to stress out. Just remember, whatever happens is going to happen whether you completely stress out or not. God already has it planned and your stress level isnt going to change it, it'll just drive you nuts. This thought always helps me not to worry as much, it's in His hands.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, luv, glad you're around again!

SUPER cute picture of you and M!

I would pick Channing Tatum. Johnny Depp just seems kind of full of himself, and Channing's way more my type, physically.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Calindi- Yes I did my own hair and makeup! I styled my hair that morning and then a girl at school went back that afternoon and just kind of straightened it again and gave me the bump in the back. My bump was huge, she's got talent. haha

Mana- Your house is going to be gorgeous! And I am super jealous that that was your view last week. You're so darn lucky!

MLekathleen- Thank you! I cut my hair super short a few months back and this is what it has grown out too! I love it, and Ijust finally got back to my blonde, I used to be a readhead this summer. I honestly love blonde and plan on sticking with it.

thanks so much for your kind words. I've been really trying to get back into my faith and attending church more. It's been helping me a lot!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awing-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8950cd09-9107-483b-8101-2a17651dc95fPost:cec2112f-8b6c-4271-90f8-9a8093370800">Re: AWing it up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, luv, glad you're around again! SUPER cute picture of you and M! I would pick Channing Tatum. Johnny Depp just seems kind of full of himself, and Channing's way more my type, physically.
    Posted by marleylikeair[/QUOTE]

Thanks Marley!! I'm glad I'm back again too!

I have to agree, I think Channing is everyone's type physically. His body is delish. Johnny Depp is sexy but I kind of got turned off by his France is better then American thing and I'm far to good to live in America, but alas I still love him. I'm highly attracted to Captain Jack Sparrow, is that weird?
  • lmwilberlmwilber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love love love that pic luv!!! Super cute! 

Sorry things are so stressful, but I'm sure that everything will work out well. You're doing all the right things, just try to stay calm and have faith that it will all work out.

As for actors's, I'd pick Johnny Depp every time. So sexy, so charming, so delightfully odd. My kinda guy :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love you hair! You can tell you're into cosmetology. I've never heard of couple's photography, that's such a great idea. All we have is fuzzy cellphone pictures and self taken digital camera shots :P
    Anyway, it's a gorgeous picture of the both of you!

As far as the question, definitely Johnny Depp. I've never found the other guy attractive, but I remember when he was in that Mariah Carey video and then all of a sudden he was everywhere.
    White Knot
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Adorable picture.  You have to post more once you get them!!

I feel you with the school thing.  I think this is the worst time of the year.  I vote we just cancel life until graduation and then cancel it again until the economy decides to show back up.  Until then, deep breaths, and I'll freak out with you.  

There is one situation where FI would be kicked out of bed if another man were to show up on our doorstep.  And that, is the Johnny Depp situation.  Dear Jesus, looks that amazing should be...illegal.  Because I'm pretty sure it's already a sin.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awing-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8950cd09-9107-483b-8101-2a17651dc95fPost:8d4d0de2-1ed6-4a3c-aa32-3297410ff866">Re: AWing it up</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AWing it up : Thanks Marley!! I'm glad I'm back again too! I have to agree, I think Channing is everyone's type physically. His body is delish. Johnny Depp is sexy but I kind of got turned off by his France is better then American thing and I'm far to good to live in America, but alas I still love him. <strong>I'm highly attracted to Captain Jack Sparrow, is that weird?</strong>
    Posted by luvdncn90[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL. You and my sister. I would not say that that is weird, no.</div><div>
    </div><div>I hadn't heard about this pro-France, anti-US thing of his. Ugh. See, I like France. I LOVE France. But comparing it to America is like comparing apples to oranges. One is not better all around than the other. And to act like you're too good to live somewhere is just ridiculous. Huge turnoff for me. </end Depp rant></div><div>
    </div><div>Channing's body is nice, but I always look at faces first. I like eyes and overall face shape. Also hair color and texture (now *that* is probably weird). So that's why he's my pick--all those things on him are more my type.</div>
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow you did you're own hair and make up?!  That's talent!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Cuuuuute pick, Luv!

On the Channing vs Johnny question, what exactly am I picking one of them for?  If I'm going out on a date with someone and hoping for some good conversation and stuff, then it's Depp.  If I don't plan on leaving the house...  it's Channing Tatum all the way.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mana! It's what I'm in school for, so that's nice to hear :)

And Elle it'sfor the whole package. Dates, sex, all that good stuff. Channing would definitely be good for a romp session, that's for dang sure.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awing-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8950cd09-9107-483b-8101-2a17651dc95fPost:7f806adc-b024-4007-b786-55e9840c4fcd">Re: AWing it up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cuuuuute pick, Luv! On the Channing vs Johnny question, what exactly am I picking one of them for?  If I'm going out on a date with someone and hoping for some good conversation and stuff, then it's Depp.  If I don't plan on leaving the house...  it's Channing Tatum all the way.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Bahahah agreed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards