Not Engaged Yet
Options

Cloudy Weather

I was going to post a "deeper" thread...but then I changed my mind and decided I wanted to post this:

Cloudy Weather Makes me feel.....

P.S. Do you live somewhere that it rains in the summer?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Cloudy Weather

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cloudy weather makes me want to open the window and listen to it thunder while I knot all day. No work for me, ever!

Yes, in Colorado it storms in the summer. In California, it hardly ever every rains in the summer. I've met quite a few people that were surprised by that!

ETA: It's raining now...so it smells like rain. ::sighs happily:: One of my all time favorite scents.
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cloudy weather makes me feel grumpy :( Seriously. Sometimes, when it's super dark, it gets creepy too - but usually only if I'm driving. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cloudy weather makes me feel relaxed or depressed. It depends on how long it's been cloudy. For instance, I'm ok with a day or two of rain and storms, but if it is cloudy and gloomy all day for like a week straight, that's when I start getting depressed.

I live in FL so I'm accustomed to afternoon thunderstorms and I love them. But I love the typical storms. The ones that go just as quickly as they come. It helps to cool down the air so it's not so sweltering. A few weeks ago it felt like what I would imagine hell feels like.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's thundering here right now, and there's a severe thunderstorm warning flashing on my TV.  I like this kind of weather, especially when I'm not at work.
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cloudy-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:89bd73a0-d96e-4027-b02b-311ca8bb1e27Post:28bc44d4-ebfd-4e54-a3c8-834765e1c3b3">Re: Cloudy Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's thundering here right now, and there's a severe thunderstorm warning flashing on my TV.  I like this kind of weather, especially when I'm not at work.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, that's the other thing. I don't like that kind of weather when I'm working. It makes me sleepy and unproductive. I'd prefer to be at home so I can veg out and watch tv, knot, read, play games with the kids that sort of stuff.

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    Cloudy weather makes me feel sad and/or grumpy. Rainy weather either makes me feel the same or makes me feel snuggly.

Stormy weather, however, makes me feel energized and full of anticipation for some reason. I LOVE thunderstorms.
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cloudy and gloomy weather makes me happy. Summer is our monsoon season, but it is still usually 100+ degrees when it rains. It was cloudy yesterday until the giant dust storm came in. 

I am curious to know what the "deeper" thread was going to be about. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cloudy-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:89bd73a0-d96e-4027-b02b-311ca8bb1e27Post:ccc9f32f-506f-4804-9dd4-2994593cf8ce">Re: Cloudy Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cloudy weather makes me want to open the window and listen to it thunder while I knot all day. No work for me, ever! Yes, in Colorado it storms in the summer. In California, it hardly ever every rains in the summer. I've met quite a few people that were surprised by that! <strong>ETA: It's raining now...so it smells like rain. ::sighs happily:: One of my all time favorite scents</strong>.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Me too! Although I find that it is the best/strongest right before it starts and as it is starting. Once it has been raining for a while, I feel like it goes away.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cloudy-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:89bd73a0-d96e-4027-b02b-311ca8bb1e27Post:6d0daa74-b8c4-4afd-a9da-aee10dae8bb5">Re: Cloudy Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cloudy and gloomy weather makes me happy. Summer is our monsoon season, but it is still usually 100+ degrees when it rains. It was cloudy yesterday until the giant dust storm came in.  I am curious to know what the "deeper" thread was going to be about. 
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]

Well...since you asked... I'll go post it. Looks like the board has quited down a bit anyways.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cloudy weather makes me want to order in delivery (Chinese or pizza mostly) and eat in front of the TV while watching a rom-com.

If it's lightning/thundering though, I want to watch the storm instead...but still have delivery!
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I love cloudy weather! I especially love rain and I really love thunderstorms :)

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We can get some pretty cool summer storms here, which I love.

I was promised thunderstorms today, but so far it is still blue skies :(

I LOVE cloudy, dark, stormy skies. It's some of my favourite weather (especially in the summer!).

And yes, it rains here in the summer. Not all the time, but once in a while.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now the skies are blue with big white puffy clouds again.

I love Colorado's weather. it's exciting!!
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Cloudy weather makes me sleepy.

Being a CA native, the rain in the summer on the east coast weirds me out.  It's like the stinking humidity, I can't get used to it.  I miss the super dry summers and the gorgeous winter thunderstorms.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have pretty rainy summers in Central NY.  And cloudy weather makes me feel happy, a lot of people get gloomy around here because there isn't a lot of sun but it's home so I love it! 

It'll take a lot more than clouds to make me unhappy. 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Cloudy weather makes me happy often and sometimes sad.  I love thunderstorms and big rain showers.  I like to make a nest in my bed and read with tea all day.  Sometimes though it depresses me. 
    It rains sometimes in the summer.  Not very often though.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It was cloudy out most of the day and had some big thunderstorms after I left work.  The power went out when I was in Target but only for a few minutes.  I love summer rain and thunderstorms.  

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards