Not Engaged Yet
Options

What a dbag! (Bachelorette - spoilers)

Effing TK ate my post. So pissed.

How big of a dbag is Bentley? At one point, I told BF I wanted to reach through the TV and rip his Ba!!s off. Clearly honesty is important to me. I didn't care that he didn't like Ashley, but that he lied to her so early and so often. DBAG!!!

His poor daughter is in for a long life. She'll find that footage at some point and question everything he's ever told her, and everything any man tells her. Karma is a b!tch and his daughter will probably take the brunt of it. Poor girl (and her name is Cozy.. not a fan of the name, I have to say).

Finally, I'm guessing they edited the footage of William after the roast to make it seem like he never apologized to her. My guess is he apologized and told her he wanted to stay, but they edited it out to create more drama about whether he got a rose.

What were your favorite parts last night? Least favorites? 

PS - I'm copying this in case TK tries to eat it again!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: What a dbag! (Bachelorette - spoilers)

• Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's on the PVR and I should be watching it tonight. Stanley Cup playoffs took precedence last night.

Although, nothing you said surprised me since it was in the preview last week.

Do people like Ashley?

She keeps saying, oh I'm so confident now but then 2 seconds later she's asking what if they don't like her. She confuses me.

I don't even know why she gave Bentley a chance at all. Since he's from Utah, my guess is that Michelle is friends with his ex - why wouldn't she believe her and cut him lose right at the begining?
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dbag-bachelorette-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8de881ad-ae75-4874-beaf-c9d8756ae3a3Post:22f84f4c-cb77-49eb-beba-70a60b8b7b55">Re: What a dbag! (Bachelorette - spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's on the PVR and I should be watching it tonight. <strong>Stanley Cup playoffs took precedence last night. </strong>Although, nothing you said surprised me since it was in the preview last week. Do people like Ashley? She keeps saying, oh I'm so confident now but then 2 seconds later she's asking what if they don't like her. She confuses me.   I don't even know why she gave Bentley a chance at all. Since he's from Utah, my guess is that Michelle is friends with his ex - why wouldn't she believe her and cut him lose right at the begining?
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

Have I told you lately that I love you? Between this comment and the one in the other thread!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awe thanks Cde! The best last night was when the stats came up for Thomas is was Saves - 30 something and Hits - 1! FI and I kept rewinding it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think Bently was strictly there to create "after the final rose" drama. I cannot believe the way he has behaved on the show. He is so immature in inconsiderate (two faced!) and I feel terrible for his daughter. I hope Ashley just moves on, because she's going to seriously be angry when she sees all the footage from this.

I felt horrible for William/Ashley on the comedy thing. Honestly, how could they not know feelings would be hurt in a Roast? Since she has been so insecure the entire time, this was not a good idea at all. I think William truly felt bad about the things he said...but seriously, what was he thinking? I'm glad she kept him, but they're going to have a lot to discuss.

I did really like J.P. He seems like a sweetheart and I like the way he handled his date after all the drama. He seems sincere.

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    edited December 2011
    I thought JP was pretty sincere too.  Bentley was a jerk, but I'm glad he left so soon (lately, it seems like the jerks always stick around until the final 4 or so).  I think William was caught up in the moment thinking maybe he could make a name for himself as a comedian as well - but yea, you're supposed to be nice to the person you're on a date with.  And I wonder how much of that he actually meant.  He was pretty awesome on his one-on-one date, but jokes are only funny if they have some truth to them, ya know?

I think that all the date ideas this season have been really lame/un-Ashley.  Except the Jabbawockies one - that seemed like it was Ashley style.  But I mean, no one wants to go on a Roast on a 1st/2nd date.  That's ridiculous.

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like JP.  And Ames.  I hope she picks one of them.

I think she kept Bentley around because people want what they can't have.  And deep, deep down, she knew she probably couldn't have him because she was already pre-warned about him.
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    I was telling BF that the best way to get over a boy is to kiss another boy. I was so proud of her for making out with JP. It gave me hope that she really can move on from Bentley if a few hours after he left she was kissing another guy. 

I have some serious insecurities, too, so I can understand her having them (though she's got NO reason to feel like that... hell, I probably don't either, but we are who we are, right?). Anywho, going on the Bachelorette while you're worried that everyone is there for Emily was the wrong thing to do.

I loved William on his first date but since then he's seemed a little off. I think he's got a personality quirk that bugs me. My favorites are JP and Ryan, though it seems from the commercials that Ryan gets into some drama next week.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand why Bently left (okay, I do understand, but you know?). If his plan was to dupe everyone and promote his company, he was on a role, why not continue? Perhaps he actually has a little bit of a heart?

Poor William. I really liked him...

I really like JP. He's hot and nice and seems in it for the right reasons.

I like Ryan too... I hope there isn't too much drama next week.

I thought she would at least keep Jeff (the masked guy) for one more week. It made her look really superficial for dumping him after she saw his face, IMO.

I hope she gets her happily ever after! She seems like a sweet girl.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I didn't really feel bad for Ashely. To some degree I did but she was warned about him and still kept him there. It was stupid.

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I kept thinking "What a douche!" when watching this episode also.  I couldn't believe Bentley was just so completely leading her on.  He could have just told her he wasn't feeling HER instead of blaming it on his daughter like a coward.  At least then she wouldn't be thinking about him and wondering what could have been.

But no, I don't feel sorry for Ashley.  I didn't really like her last season because she got on my nerves.  She knew what she was coming into and I was surprised that she trusted Bentley so much after she heard that information.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    I just read in an article on People (<---clicky) that it's not the last we see of Bentley. Oh god please tell me he doesn't come back!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah... I heard she asks for Bentley to come back, so she can get closure.

I heard that JP proposes at the end! I really hope that it is true! He seems like such a nice guy.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I wanted to SMACK Ashley! She was SO into Bentley and went on and on about he was "her guy" and how she thought her husband was in the room and know she doesn't know and blah blah blah.

I just lost respect for her being such a baby about the whole thing instead of being like "I deserve to have someone here who WANTS to be here, and who WANTS to be with ME."

You know?

Grrrrrr......

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dbag-bachelorette-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8de881ad-ae75-4874-beaf-c9d8756ae3a3Post:6c082b6a-d7a1-43eb-ad1e-5b6a3e9466e9">Re: What a dbag! (Bachelorette - spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, I wanted to SMACK Ashley! She was SO into Bentley and went on and on about he was "her guy" and how she thought her husband was in the room and know she doesn't know and blah blah blah. I just lost respect for her being such a baby about the whole thing instead of being like "I deserve to have someone here who WANTS to be here, and who WANTS to be with ME." You know? Grrrrrr......
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!  She has a bunch of (seemingly) really great guys, why waste time crying of the one asshole? It pisses me off that he lied about why he left to everyone, he could've at least told the truth about how much of a jerk he is.

I really like Ben F. he is my favorite :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dbag-bachelorette-spoilers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8de881ad-ae75-4874-beaf-c9d8756ae3a3Post:ee8f0321-486f-4a34-8679-03b7970f064e">Re: What a dbag! (Bachelorette - spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK I'm finally watching the episode on DVR now that I am back from the Glee concert. I'm just getting to the roast part and I am scared.<strong> I feel anxious when other people say things that are embarrassing for themselves. I get embarrassed for them. Eek.</strong> And Bentley sucks. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Me too! I skipped through that part. I know what happens, I don't need to see it happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards