Not Engaged Yet
Options

Food Questions

1. Who is your Food Network hero?

2. What is your favorite food to make, not eat, make?

3. What is your favorite food to eat?

4. What food disgusts you?

5. Do you choose foods based on color?

6. Do you prefer crunchy or smooth?

7. Crunchy or chewy?

8. Do you like a lot of spice? Sour/tangy foods?

9. Who is the chef in your household?

10. Would you rather have an expert US chef cook for you or travel to a foreign country and eat at a local diner?

Bonus question: What's your secret ingredient that you add to everything?
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Food Questions

• Options
    I love Bobby Flay. I think I'd like his food most.

I love to make desserts, like cakes, because it's fun to decorate and I love to lick the bowl!

I love burritos. You can put anything in a burrito and it's so good!

Licorice. I cannot stand the smell or taste.

Sometimes. More color is usually healthier and more fun.

Crunchy

7. Crunchy or chewy?
    Chewy

I can handle a little spice, but am not a fan of sour.

Most definitely me. FI can do basic stuff, but that's about it and he doesn't enjoy it.

10. Would you rather have an expert US chef cook for you or travel to a foreign country and eat at a local diner?
    Travel to a local diner somewhere in Italy. I think I'd enjoy a local dish there.

Onions. I love them and they are good in everything. It used to be ranch though. That's also delicious on everything.
    -Ely

• Options
    YAY FOOD!!!! Now you're talking my language here...

Alton Brown, the culinary nerd. 

I love to make vodka sauce because it's so easy. 

Awww maaaan....too many favorites. Cesar salad, fish & chips, a good steak with a baked potato, lasagna. I'm not a size 16 for nothing. 

Mushrooms. Yuck. 

Yeah, if the color's not right, I can't go near it.

Crunchy, especially if we're talking peanut butter! 

7. Crunchy or chewy?
    Crunchy. 

Yes, yes and yes. I really love a good citrus pucker in my foods! 

That would be moi. 

Travel and eat at a local diner. In high school, I went on a trip to England. I would laugh whenever someone in my tour group would go to Burger King, Subway or Starbuck's. I would always try to find the little hole-in-the-wall places and I had some of the best food!

Garlic. If something's missing, it's usually garlic. 

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    Yeah, Bobby Flay makes my kind of food most of the time. Paula is heavy on the butter, Giada is heavy on carbs and fancy food, Ina has expensive stuff, and I just can't stand Rachel Ray, lol. I forget the other ones right now.

I love Alton too! He is awesome!
    -Ely

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_food-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8fc819e7-fc49-411b-be76-49318fc24fc1Post:b25edbe4-11f9-4c9d-bd72-7d46c3863fc4">Food Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Who is your Food Network hero? 2. What is your favorite food to make, not eat, make? 3. What is your favorite food to eat? 4. What food disgusts you? 5. Do you choose foods based on color? 6. Do you prefer crunchy or smooth? 7. Crunchy or chewy? 8. Do you like a lot of spice? Sour/tangy foods? 9. Who is the chef in your household? 10. Would you rather have an expert US chef cook for you or travel to a foreign country and eat at a local diner? Bonus question: What's your secret ingredient that you add to everything?
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

1.  Alton Brown!  Alton Alton Alton!  I would leave Nick for him.

2.  I love baking.  I don't hate the eating of baked goods, either.

3.  Cupcakes!

4.  Bananas.  Green beans.  Mushrooms.

5.  Nope.

6.  Depends.  Both have their merits.

7.  Ditto above.

8.  Spice, not really.  I like enough to taste, but I'm not crazy about spice.  I'm a bad cajun.  I enjoy sourness and tanginess from time to time.

9.  I am!

10.  Travel.

Bonus:  I put garlic in pretty much everything except desserts.
  • Options
    I love Guy Fieri & Bobby Flay.

Anything that goes in the crockpot.

Pizza.

Escargot, I'm not a fan. Also, marrow. I'm gagging now at the thought of it.

Nope.

I like a good crunch!

7. Crunchy or chewy?
    See above.

Moderate amount of spice.  I'd prefer not sour.

Me

Expert chef cook for me.

Garlic, it makes EVERYTHING better.

• Options
    Yaga: My mom can't stand Giada, lol. I think it has something to do with the fact that she makes all this cheesy, carby food and is like pencil thin though, lol.

I also do not like Ina because she does this weird sucking up spit thing all the time, lol.

RDR: I would never have thought to add the food that you marked as disgusting. I've never tried them or been offered, lol. I think I might agree with you though.
    -Ely

• Options
    Robert Irvine (Dinner Impossible, Restaurant Impossible)

Chopping veggies, for whatever they are needed in

Mexican

Chocolate

Diversity of color, yes.  I hate monochromatic plates of food.

Crunchy

7. Crunchy or chewy?
    Chewy

Love spicy food.  Sour/tangy depends on what it is

For dinners, I am.  For breakfasts, it's H.

Depends on the type of food.

Cayenne pepper
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm lovin' the love for Alton Brown and garlic :D 

My favorite thing to do with garlic is take like a tablespoon or two of that jarred minced garlic and heat it on low in a skillet, then put baby spinach on top, cook until wilted and then squeeze lemon juice on it. MMMMMmmmm-mmm!!!!

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    I loathe Giada.  Her head is too big for her body and I HATE how she over-annunciates Italian words.  It sounds so fake and ridiculous when she is talking normal the entire time and then...'OMG, and Italian word, I have to overexaggerate rolling my Rs'.  Ugh...can't stand her.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_food-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8fc819e7-fc49-411b-be76-49318fc24fc1Post:afa097cc-ea09-4a25-9c4d-562242ca9bde">Re: Food Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yaga: My mom can't stand Giada, lol. I think it has something to do with the fact that she makes all this cheesy, carby food and is like pencil thin though, lol. I also do not like Ina because she does this weird sucking up spit thing all the time, lol. <strong>RDR: I would never have thought to add the food that you marked as disgusting. I've never tried them or been offered, lol. I think I might agree with you though.</strong>
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll try anything once.  We tried escargot when we took a cruise last year.  It was on the menu & we were allowed to order as many apps as we wanted so we figured we'd give it a try.  </div><div>
    </div><div>As for the marrow... I was at one of my favorite restaurants in NYC with FI & 2 of my friends.  The chef is British (April Bloomfield) & I don't know if that has to do with it but something that someone ordered had marrow on top & I agreed to taste it. I might not have hated it quite as much if I hadn't know what it was but  It was all I could think about as I was eating it.  </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_food-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8fc819e7-fc49-411b-be76-49318fc24fc1Post:4c2b51cc-a0c0-4656-b615-94996db7aec7">Re: Food Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm lovin' the love for Alton Brown and garlic</strong> :D  My favorite thing to do with garlic is take like a tablespoon or two of that jarred minced garlic and heat it on low in a skillet, then put baby spinach on top, cook until wilted and then squeeze lemon juice on it. MMMMMmmmm-mmm!!!!
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

Great minds...

I love spinach wilted and stirred with a little cream cheese and garlic.  Delish.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_food-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8fc819e7-fc49-411b-be76-49318fc24fc1Post:e89cc294-c4a4-48f4-aa0b-8e9a03eeb85f">Re: Food Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I loathe Giada.  Her head is too big for her body and I HATE how she over-annunciates Italian words. <strong> It sounds so fake and ridiculous when she is talking normal the entire time and then...'OMG, and Italian word, I have to overexaggerate rolling my Rs'.</strong>  Ugh...can't stand her.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

<div>Rachael Ray does this too!!! I cannot stand her. I watched "Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook Off" and it pained me to have her on my TV screen. </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_food-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8fc819e7-fc49-411b-be76-49318fc24fc1Post:e89cc294-c4a4-48f4-aa0b-8e9a03eeb85f">Re: Food Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I loathe Giada.  Her head is too big for her body and<strong> I HATE how she over-annunciates Italian words.  It sounds so fake and ridiculous when she is talking normal the entire time and then...'OMG, and Italian word, I have to overexaggerate rolling my Rs'.  Ugh...can't stand her.</strong>
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Omg, yes.  This.

She had a few radio commercials for a certain wine.  I don't remember what the brand was, but I couldn't stand listening to her saying the names of the wines.
  • Options

not sure I usually cook what I eat.  I love making deserts though.

so hard to decide, may be potatoes

most meat, sorry

nope

smooth

7. Crunchy or chewy?
    both are fine

I do like a lot of spice

I am the chef

I'd rather travel to a foreign country and eat local

hmmm no real secret ingredient, sorry.

Anniversary

• Options
    om no one right now.

rainbow cake.

I'm gonna say Cadbury Mini Eggs right this very second. I want some sooo bad.

disappointing restaurant food.

No... (Though I did buy Colored Goldfish this week! :D)

crunch!

7. Crunchy or chewy?
    Chewy.
    Not a lot of spice. (MAN I'm hungry...). Yes I like sour and tangy foods.

The one who wears more pants than me.

US chef cook for me. I don't wanna wait.

None.

I am so hungry
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_food-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8fc819e7-fc49-411b-be76-49318fc24fc1Post:c1a14fad-6df4-475e-9b3e-91fcf6678402">Re: Food Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Who is your Food Network hero? om no one right now. 2. What is your favorite food to make, not eat, make? rainbow cake. 3. What is your favorite food to eat? I'm gonna say Cadbury Mini Eggs right this very second. I want some sooo bad. 4. What food disgusts you? disappointing restaurant food. 5. Do you choose foods based on color? No... (Though I did buy Colored Goldfish this week! :D) 6. Do you prefer crunchy or smooth? crunch! 7. Crunchy or chewy? Chewy. 8. Do you like a lot of spice? Sour/tangy foods? Not a lot of spice. (MAN I'm hungry...). Yes I like sour and tangy foods. 9. Who is the chef in your household? The one who wears more pants than me. 10. Would you rather have an expert US chef cook for you or travel to a foreign country and eat at a local diner? US chef cook for me. I don't wanna wait. Bonus question: What's your secret ingredient that you add to everything? None. I am so hungry
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Every time someone mentions Cadbury eggs, I find myself heading to the gas station. I almost got some last night too, but I noticed that it was a cashier that I don't care for so I got out of line and got in another and then couldn't find them, lol. I might have to make a special trip. I love them so much!!

Lol, I hope you ate something after this!
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards