Not Engaged Yet
Options

SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)

Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2012
    Is there really such a thing as a spoiler if you've already read the books?

ETA: SQUEE! I love watching all the little clips they release :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:eba42297-a1a5-45b7-9590-01a468143437">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there really such a thing as a spoiler if you've already read the books?
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Negative. I imagine some people will be seeing the movie without reading the books though.

This clip makes me very excited about the movie. The premier is tonight.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Haha...Beth....I loved seeing your ETA after watching the clip.
  • Options
    Last night I was watching Glee on Hulu and the last few episodes got a little blah for me but Hulu kept showing Hunger Games previews instead of their normal annoying commercials so I kept watching lol.

I always forget that some people go see movies without reading the books. I always want to read the book before seeing the movie.

• Options
    Beth- Have you watched the last episode before their "spring break" yet?
  • Options
    Is that the one with regionals, that's the last one I watched.

• Options
    My day is now ruined. They won't show the clip in Canada and I wasn't able to find it on MTV Canada. Looks like I'm waiting until 7:30 March 23rd to see any more of the movie than the TV commercials :(
  • Options
    I feel like this is a legit spoiler for even those who have read the book (kinda): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQv87I_l4iU
    (It just kinda spoils the movie a bit??)
  • Options
    What is it? I don't want to watch it if it will spoil it!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:154076dc-9b72-4269-89c2-6b4083e9869a">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is it? I don't want to watch it if it will spoil it!
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Like 7 minutes of behind the scenes of them filiming. Nothing surprising, really. I just usually prefer to see this stuff after the movie...so the movie is like...totally special/unseen.

But I'm HG hungry today and want to get my hands on everything. ;)
  • Options
    Oh. I don't like to watch behind the scenes stuff I prefer to live in my fantasy world where all of this is actually happening lol. Behind the scenes ruins my delusions.

• Options
    I actually just squeeled out loud after watching that clip. I can't believe I'm so emotionally invested in a movie...
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:e8d01ff6-97b6-46d3-9e7f-c919f2becb77">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually just squeeled out loud after watching that clip. I can't believe I'm so emotionally invested in a movie...
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Yeah- I've never been to a midnight showing of a movie before- so I'm super excited. I too don't know why I'm so emotionally invested...It's a pretty emotional book/movie...and it also reminds me of NEY, which makes me happy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:caa98d0e-916b-44a2-b8a1-545eb435d8ad">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG) : Yeah- I've never been to a midnight showing of a movie before- so I'm super excited. I too don't know why I'm so emotionally invested...It's a pretty emotional book/movie...and it also reminds me of NEY, which makes me happy.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Midnight premieres are AWESOME! I went to all the Harry Potter midnight premieres :D

• Options
    Also- How do you feel about the soundtrack line up?

iTunes has revealed all the artists on the Hunger Games companion album Songs from District 12 and Beyond. The roster includes-
    1. Taylor Swift (feat. The Civil Wars) – “Safe & Sound”
    2. Taylor Swift – “Eyes Wide Open”
    3. Arcade Fire – “Abraham’s Daughter”
    4. Kid Cudi – “The Ruler & The Killer”
    5. Miranda Lambert (feat. Pistol Annies) - “Run Daddy Run”
    6. The Civil Wars – “Kingdom Come”
    7. The Decemberists – “One Engine”
    8. Glen Hansard – “Take the Heartland”
    9. The Low Anthem – “Lover is Childlike”
    10. Punch Brothers – “Dark Days”
    11. Secret Sisters – “Tomorrow Will Be Kinder”
    12. Birdy – “Just a Game”
    13. Ella Mae Bowen – “Oh Come & Sing”
    14. Jayme Dee – “Rules”
    15. Carolina Chocolate Drops – “Reaping Day”
    16. Neko Case – “Give Me Something I’ll Remember”

I kind of want to buy the soundtrack before the movie comes out. The soundtrack hits shelves on the 20th.

• Options
    And does Safe and Sound remind you of Rue?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:9ac04262-7d15-4aa5-ad63-4465f39185f7">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]And does Safe and Sound remind you of Rue?

Yes it does. I know a lot of people don't like Taylor Swift but I do really like that song and I think it fits HG really well.

And now I have to go listen to that soundtrack.

• Options
    I'm tempted to wear my "District ID Badge" to the midnight showing...but I know that would be kinda nerdy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:20d578b0-2e5b-4f02-9747-ff5bdc06f744">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm tempted to wear my "District ID Badge" to the midnight showing...but I know that would be kinda nerdy.

DO IT!!! Midnight premieres are all about bringing out your nerdy side. There will be people there looking way more crazy than that.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:49b0ec60-bcde-43e7-8e12-9c11fafe3bcf">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to the midnight premier of the Dark Knight.  It was really awesome.  I'm so so so excited.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep, same here. There were so many people dressed up, it was awesome. </div><div>
    </div><div>I've been to midnight premiers before, but I've never been so emotional about everdamnclip I see! I guess maybe because it is an emotional story by itself without having all of the drama of a theatrical production behind it. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:24cd41b7-aa22-4005-85d1-108596603ec1">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am ridiculously excited for the movie...but I still don't like Peeta.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

You don't like the character or the actor?

I've had to warm up to the actor, he isn't how I pictured Peeta at all.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_squeesplode-dont-enter-if-you-dont-like-hg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9903e307-0daa-473b-9754-2bd1e5d69104Post:5d27a5f3-57be-4c80-946c-c066c774fce9">Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SQUEESPLODE! (Don't Enter if you don't like HG) : Yep, same here. There were so many people dressed up, it was awesome.  I've been to midnight premiers before, but <strong>I've never been so emotional about everdamnclip I see! I guess maybe because it is an emotional story by itself without having all of the drama of a theatrical production behind it. </strong>
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

You are now experiencing what I (and most likely Elle) experienced with HP! There are just some stories and characters that we connect with on a irrational level.

• Options
    I'd like to go to the midnight premiere of this one, but I have to wait because my MIL wants to go see it and they don't get back from Hawaii until Saturday.

I'm excited, but I'm still not so sure about him as Peeta...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Peeing my pants with excitement. I picked up my ticket this weekend. I'm seeing it in IMAX!!! I have not been able to sit still the last couple of days due to the level of excitement.

My mom was at the book store this weekend and said they had a ton of HG magazines. She said she almost bought me all of them, but settled on one. I think it's called Movie Magic? Looks like it's more geared towards teen/young readers, but I don't give a shiz. I'm taking it with me to Elijah's PT today and reading the fudge out of it.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards