Not Engaged Yet

AW: Dress Shopping

Soooo, I bought a wedding gown today! I've been drooling over it for awhile now. It is gorgeous. I'm super excited. I got measured and everything on Friday, but at the last minute, I just couldn't buy it. So, after this weekend, I settled down and went back today and tried it on. It is the one. I know it. I think trying on dresses is just so stinking fun, I didn't want to stop. But, I tried on a few more dresses this weekend, and realized it wasn't as much fun because none of these dresses were my favorite one. I got it for an amazing price! I got 3 veils, the dress, and the slip for less then the regular price of the gown!

~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: AW: Dress Shopping

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh how pretty!  I like the details at the hem of the gown.  Congrats you look amazing.
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    So beautiful, and always nice to get a good deal! It fits you nicely and really shows off your shape. :)

What do you need 3 veils for though?
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    That dress looks amazing on you!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks!

Well, the veil in the picture isn't the one I end up buying.

I wanted a cathedral length veil (because the train of the dress isn't that long). And, I wanted an elbow length one also to wear during the reception. I also wanted a blusher. They had all three connected as one, but I wanted them to be removable. Also, the cathedral length and the elbow length have the same lace as the bottom of the dress. Soooo, it was a matter of preference.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    You look STUNNING in that dress!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You look so beautiful!!  I love it!  And I love the veil to the floor!  :)  I am glad you got it.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a00fe4a7-4ef9-4158-8129-d479cf3e28efPost:e40b79b2-b440-4fc6-821a-319c0ac5831d">Re: AW: Dress Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! Well, the veil in the picture isn't the one I end up buying. I wanted a cathedral length veil (because the train of the dress isn't that long). And, I wanted an elbow length one also to wear during the reception. I also wanted a blusher. They had all three connected as one, but I wanted them to be removable. Also, the cathedral length and the elbow length have the same lace as the bottom of the dress. Soooo, it was a matter of preference.
    Posted by Ember01[/QUOTE]

Nice, I knew there must have been some logic behind it. :) You look wonderful!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

I can't stop looking at the pictures. LOL! Ifeel so vain.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    You look gorgeous!  I love the detailing at the waist and at the hemline!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Very pretty! I love mermaid <3

It looks familiar. Who is the designer? 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It is David's Bridal, Oleg Cassini collection. I always swore I'd never buy a dress from David's... Of course I fall in love with a dress from that store!

Hopefully it comes in correctly! They screwed up the order, and thankfully the manager caught the mistake before I left! I needed extra length and the sales consultant told me that she didn't think I needed it AFTER the alterations gal measured me and told me I needed it. I have all the receipts, so if it comes in wrong, it is their fault!
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful!!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loooove the dress. It looks great with your body and shows it off in the right way. It's so pretty and romantic! Definitely a good choice :)
  • edited December 2011
    I thought so. I tried that one on. It was my favorite one from Davids. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SO beautiful!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, you look beautiful! That cut really suits your frame. It's very romantic!
  • edited December 2011
    Very Pretty!
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    That looks amazing on you!  Congrats on finding it!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a00fe4a7-4ef9-4158-8129-d479cf3e28efPost:27c2df2c-fc17-4664-8f8f-133f4e27d49b">Re: AW: Dress Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought so. I tried that one on. It was my favorite one from Davids. 
    Posted by SeaTea02[/QUOTE]

It was also on the show Castle. Alyssa Millano wore it in the wedding episode! I think that is pretty awesome. I don't watch the show, but my mom thinks I need to buy the series when it comes out, so that I'll own it forever!
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • edited December 2011
    So pretty!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    I love your dress, Ember! It looks beautiful on you!
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It fits you perfectly - in style and fit as well. You rock the dress and it is goregous ! Congrats :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That dress is gorgeous on you! I'm so glad you found something you LOVE. yay!!!
  • kayely88kayely88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful! The dress is so pretty! Glad you found a dress you love!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look STUNNING!  It doesn't even look like it needs any alterations.  What a great shape for your body type - rock those curves!

Anniversary

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    edited December 2011
    Oooooh, Ember, I LOVE IT. I literally took a tiny gasp when I saw the photo! Fantastic. It's lovely and fits your body so well!
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ember, that dress looks amazing on you! Congratulations for finding 'the one' :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

It is actually WAY big, they have me clipped into the dress. I'm hoping that the size fits when it comes in!
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • edited December 2011
    You look amazing in your dress! Don't feel vein for looking at the pics over and over, you look amazing and need to give those pics some attention.  Congrats on finding the perfect dress!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards