Not Engaged Yet
Options

appetizer recipe

i'm going to a get-together tonight, and we're all supposed to bring something to eat.  i usually bring dessert, but i would like to bring an appetizer instead this time...  i think a lot of people are planning on bringing desserts already, so we need some "real food".  :)

any favorite recipes for appetizers?  i've thought of artichoke-spinach dip, bruschetta...  it's starting to get cool and blustery here, so something nice and hot would be nice. 

has anyone tried to make the baked chinese won-tons?  with the cream cheese and onions in them?

EDIT:  something not too involved, as i'll probably have to run by the grocery store after work and try to get everything ready by 7:00.  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: appetizer recipe

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never tried that but I like making meatballs, particularly teriyaki ones. Yummm.

I use Delish for recipes.
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a crockpot?  You can get a ton of recipes for appetizers online that are really easy.  I usually do this for parties b/c I like having hot appetizers, not just chips and dip.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are my fall back: Bacon Tomato Cups

LINK

I use a mini muffin pan and put the dough in then fill each with the filling.  Delicious.

Edit: I like this one too, they are Veggie Pizza Squares

LINK #2
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Pigs in a blanket, nacho cheese pinwheels, mini burger sliders,  the Pillsbury website has so many yummy appetizers that uses the crescent rolls, easy peasy and quick. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes, i have a crockpot. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm checking all of these out.  thanks!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Pizza Dip- Simple and always a hit.

Ingredients:
    1 stick (8 ounces) cream cheese
    Italian seasoning
    Shredded mozzarella
    Parmesan cheese
    1 can pizza sauce (near the spaghetti sauce)
    1 bag Fritos scoops or round bread

In a small microwave pan, spread the cream cheese in a layer on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle on the Italian seasoning in a thin layer. Then do a layer of mozzarella, then parmesan. Then layer on the pizza sauce. On top do one more layer of mozzarella then one more layer of parmesan. (Make the layers so they are just thick enough to cover the one under it, but not too thick, esp. the cheese because then it won't melt.

Pop in the microwave for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted. Served with Fritos scoops or you can use a knife and spread it on bread.

friends tv show funy
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I just say that, I love it when we start sharing recipes on here. So delicious....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm torn between these 5 options as of now:

1.  sweet BBQ meatballs in a crockpot
    2.  spinach gorgonzola artichoke dip at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/gorgonzola-spinach-artichoke-dip-recipe/index.html
    3.  baked (not fried) cream cheese wontons with raspberry topping, like at http://www.familyoven.com/recipe/sweet-cream-cheese-wontons/308216
    4.  cde's pizza dip
    5.  crostini (some options here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/holidays-and-parties/50-easy-toast-toppers/page-5.html)

votes??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have a Pizza Dip recipe I was gonna post before I even saw CDE's, so I'm going to post it anyway since it's a bit different!

1 carton of sour cream
    1 Philadelphia cream cheese box
    1 egg
    Oregano
    Garlic powder
    Parsley
    Salt
    Pepper
    Grated parmesean cheese
    Pizza Sauce
    Pepperoni
    Shredded mozzerella
    Shredded cheddar

Mix cream cheese and sour cream together with the spices and parmesean cheese (to taste).  Once you like the flavor, add the egg and mix it in.  Spread it at the bottom of a baking dish (we do a glass round one, but any will work).  It should be 1-1.5" thick.  Top with pepperoni, then cover in tomato sauce.  Sprinkle the top with cheddar, and then top with mozzerella.  Cover with tin foil, bake on 350 for 15 minutes, then take the tin foil off and broil the top for a few minutes to crisp up the cheese a bit.  Serve with Fritos Scoops.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm.  so many choices...

my aunt also sent me this:

Ultimate Party Meatballs

1 (14 oz) can jellied Cranberry Sauce

1 (12 oz) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce

1 (2 lb) bag frozen, pre cooked cocktail size meatballs.

Place meatballs in a slow cooker.  Combine sauces and pour over meatballs.  Cover and cook 4 hours on HIGH.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom makes those swedish meatballs the same way.  They're delicious!

Anniversary

• Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I vote for the wontons because I love wontons.

You can also get the wonton wrappers and put a little artichoke dip and cheese in them, put them in mini muffin tins and bake until the wonton wrappers are crispy.

Some ladies made these for my friend's baby shower, and they looked and tasted awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards