Options

Self esteem booster

2»

Re: Self esteem booster

• Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012

1. I am an amazing mom, not to toot my own horn, but I think I'm rather perceptive and see things that I can improve upon and always strive towards the best balance possible.

2. I am very sensitive to other peoples' emotions and thoughts. I feel like I give constructive criticism in the best way possible.

3. I am very driven and when I set my sights on something, I will reach my goal. It may not happen in the time or fashion I planned for, but I don't give up.

Now for you ladies-

1. Liv - You inspire me with your attitude and continual strength through all of your health issues. I am amazed by how positive you remain during such trying times.

2. Ely - The fact that you've lost over 100 lbs and kept it off is so inspiring to me. You give me hope that with hard work and dedication I can acheive weight loss and maintain it.

3. rdr - What can I say, you're an amazing woman. I think you and I would be BFF IRL. You're simply my type of girl. And thank you very much for your compliment :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_self-esteem-booster?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a9ab9dd5-82ab-4ad5-9df4-ffcfe0b03894Post:69828763-426b-4988-9b35-827270e2780f">Re: Self esteem booster</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.<strong> I am an amazing mom</strong>, not to toot my own horn, but I think I'm rather perceptive and see things that I can improve upon and always strive towards the best balance possible. 2. I am very sensitive to other peoples' emotions and thoughts. I feel like I give constructive criticism in the best way possible. 3. I am very driven and when I set my sights on something, I will reach my goal. It may not happen in the time or fashion I planned for, but I don't give up. Now for you ladies- 1. Liv - You inspire me with your attitude and continual strength through all of your health issues. I am amazed by how positive you remain during such trying times. 2. <strong>Ely - The fact that you've lost over 100 lbs and kept it off is so inspiring to me. You give me hope that with hard work and dedication I can acheive weight loss and maintain it.</strong> 3. rdr - What can I say, you're an amazing woman. I think you and I would be BFF IRL. You're simply my type of girl. And thank you very much for your compliment :-)
    Posted by Ollie08[/QUOTE]

Yes you are! : )
    And thank you and you definitely, absolutely can! If I can do it, then I know others for sure can, lol. I'm always willing to offer up motivation if needed! : )
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Okay, let's see...

1. I love my blue eyes.
    2. No matter how long I go without working out, my legs are always toned. I thank my 7-year field hockey career for that.
    3. I can do pretty much whatever I want to with my hair as far as cut/color... I'm a natural platinum blonde, but dye my hair auburnish brown now, it's been almost black, and every shade of brunette in between. I've had it super short, really long, straight, curly... I like being versatile that way.

For my girls:
    Liv: I love you. That's all.
    RDR: I think we could be BFFs in real life too. You're hysterical, give great advice, oh, and you look super cute today :-)
    Tiger: You're motivating me to do Insanity again. I'm not sure if this is really good or not, but I'm going to put it in that category for now. :-)

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_self-esteem-booster?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a9ab9dd5-82ab-4ad5-9df4-ffcfe0b03894Post:856e423c-b9bd-4f16-8ae7-75fad51568c4">Re: Self esteem booster</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, let's see... 1. I love my blue eyes. 2. No matter how long I go without working out, my legs are always toned. I thank my 7-year field hockey career for that. 3. <strong>I can do pretty much whatever I want to with my hair as far as cut/color... I'm a natural platinum blonde, but dye my hair auburnish brown now, it's been almost black, and every shade of brunette in between. I've had it super short, really long, straight, curly... I like being versatile that way. </strong>For my girls: Liv: I love you. That's all. RDR: I think we could be BFFs in real life too. You're hysterical, give great advice, oh, and you look super cute today :-) Tiger: You're motivating me to do Insanity again. I'm not sure if this is really good or not, but I'm going to put it in that category for now. :-)
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

This is true. You had light hair when I saw you, but I also saw a picture of you on FB with black hair and it is stunning! I'm too scared to dye my hair, lol, but you definitely pull it off very well! : )
    -Ely

• Options
    I only gave myself three compliments, but Ely, I have to add you to my list too... you were the first Knottie I met & you are amazing!! I had such a great time with you in Toledo, and I'm glad we got along so well :-) Also, you have BEAUTIFUL eyes, and I'm super jealous of your dimples :-)

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_self-esteem-booster?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a9ab9dd5-82ab-4ad5-9df4-ffcfe0b03894Post:810d094e-b59c-463e-8b3b-e5dee2ca437f">Re: Self esteem booster</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only gave myself three compliments, but Ely, I have to add you to my list too... you were the first Knottie I met & you are amazing!! I had such a great time with you in Toledo, and I'm glad we got along so well :-) Also, you have BEAUTIFUL eyes, and I'm super jealous of your dimples :-)
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

Haha, it never fails. I always, always suck my cheeks in whenever someone mentions my dimples, lol. I always have. You can have them! lol. Everyone always says that they like them, and I have gotten to accept them, but I used to hate them! lol. But thank you! : ) I had a lot of fun too even though I was really nervous and stressed about my doctor appointment right before that, lol. We'll have to do it again some day!
    -Ely

• Options
    Hmmmm....

I have a a great smile.
    My calves look awesome when I wear heels.
    I am funny when I need to cheer others up.

Elannis-My dear you are awesome and I honesty think when I first saw your pictures that you are so pretty. 

Liv- I truly adore your attitude towards life.

Desert- Because she honestly has the best thought out posts that help others.

Lauren, Oceana and CSchiano- Are some of the smartest ladies I know rock that PhD program.

Tarra- You definitely have a creative eye that I would die for, so crafty and talented.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_self-esteem-booster?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a9ab9dd5-82ab-4ad5-9df4-ffcfe0b03894Post:0798cf7c-9cbe-4bae-97d2-8807afab02d4">Re: Self esteem booster</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmmm.... I have a a great smile. My calves look awesome when I wear heels. I am funny when I need to cheer others up. <strong>Elannis-My dear you are awesome and I honesty think when I first saw your pictures that you are so pretty</strong>.  Liv- I truly adore your attitude towards life. Desert- Because she honestly has the best thought out posts that help others. Lauren, Oceana and CSchiano- Are some of the smartest ladies I know rock that PhD program. Tarra- You definitely have a creative eye that I would die for, so crafty and talented.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Thank you! : ) I actually thought the same thing, but thought it'd be creepy if I just came out and told you, lol. I also am very jealous of your dog and house, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_self-esteem-booster?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a9ab9dd5-82ab-4ad5-9df4-ffcfe0b03894Post:3b944058-f455-4ad1-8e08-f0e95b5341ca">Re: Self esteem booster</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  I just rocked the eff out of my data's world.  Which is kind of a big deal since I thought I had it yesterday and found out that I was doing it wrong.  I sat down for an hour, and we have GOOD data! 2.  My shorts are just a smidge looser than they were the other day.  And they just came out of the dryer. 3.  I've done a pretty decent job of eating healthy this week.   For my ladies: RDR - you look awesome today!  And pretty much amazing in every picture I've seen of you. Nursey - I know you don't pop in here too much, but you've been an amazing friend.  I love that we can talk for hours about pretty much anything.  It makes me really want to move to AZ so that we can be IRL friends. Raven - Your zealousness for school makes me really proud.  You remind me a lot of me a couple years ago. You're going to go really far, and I'm really happy and excited for you. Irish -<strong> I feel like we're both headed towards bitter old maid hood together.  Not really, but I feel like you understand that statement.  If not, I'll clarify on skype.  Whenever we manage.</strong> I'll add to this list later...once I've thought through it more.  :)
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Bitter old maids, eh?? *shrugs* If it means we are living close to each other and can drink and hit on cute younger guys... .I'm all for it lol :) I will be texting you later for our newest Skype date :)
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Self esteem booster:
    [QUOTE]Danser: You are such a genuinely nice and caring person! Desert: You are an awesome advice giver and have such a big heart, but also know how to tell people what you honestly think in a way that lets them know that you care, rather than just criticising. Tiger: You are so strong and motivated and are such an inspiration to me! : ) Good luck on your half!
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]
    Thank you I literally teared up when I saw this. 
    There are so many wonderful things I could say about everyone.  I love how everyone is unique has their own path of life that they have taken and has something different to bring this forum.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_self-esteem-booster?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a9ab9dd5-82ab-4ad5-9df4-ffcfe0b03894Post:5acba766-3340-4237-9ed2-056d255904c8">Re: Self esteem booster</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Self esteem booster : [QUOTE ]Danser: You are such a genuinely nice and caring person! Desert: You are an awesome advice giver and have such a big heart, but also know how to tell people what you honestly think in a way that lets them know that you care, rather than just criticising. Tiger: You are so strong and motivated and are such an inspiration to me! : ) Good luck on your half! Posted by elannis[/QUOTE] Thank you I literally teared up when I saw this.  There are so many wonderful things I could say about everyone.<strong>  I love how everyone is unique has their own path of life that they have taken and has something different to bring this forum.</strong>
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree.

I notice that you post later than most of the others, so your posts don't get responded to all the time, but you always have such an optimistic, cheerful disposition and I love it! : )
    -Ely

• Options
    1) I'm doing really well in my new program at school so far. All A's! Well maybe that doesn't really count because I've only completed one course in my current program, but it's still awesome.

2) I have really pretty eyes.

3) I have good taste in clothes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards