Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Mother of the bride...

So, my dad passed away in 2007 and our relationship wasn't one where I would ask him to walk me down the aisle. However my Mom and I are very close so I am asking/have asked her to walk me down the aisle. Most Fathers get a boutonniere and Id like to do something similar for my mom, but I know I hate and she would too a wrist corsage. 
Any suggestions? 
photo marchsiggy.jpg This baby is like the Spanish Inquisition... No one expected it! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mother of the bride...

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    For my daughter's wedding, the MOB and MOG carried simple, small bouquets because neither of us liked wrist or pinned corsages.  The flowers looked lovely.

If your mom doesn't like flowers, you could get her a pretty brooch or necklace to wear with her dress.  Or perhaps she would like a pretty clutch.

If your mom is walking you down the aisle, she doesn't necessarily have to carry anything.  I assume you and she will have your arms linked in some way anyway. 
  • Options
    If she doesn't like a wrist corsage, women can also wear a small flower or corsage-like arrangement pinned on their chest in the same place that a man would wear a bout. Or I like the suggestion of PP to carry a small bouquet or even a single rose.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    My mom wore a corsage on her dress, in the same kind of spot you would put a boutonniere.

Also these days more moms are going for a "posey" which is basically a mini bouquet.
  • Options
    What about a flower in her hair?  
  • Options
    I carried a mini bouquet.  teeny weeny roses
    But if I walked my daughter down the aisle, I think it would look odd if we both carried bouquets.  So I would have gone with a small corsage.  If your mom does not like it, she can remove after the ceremony
  • Options
    my mom and fmil are both carrying pomanders

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_mother-of-the-bride-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:e0b26070-48c1-4bfb-be19-9da3ae4e924bPost:417e279a-c4cb-4bb0-910a-9cac83a900f0">Re: Mother of the bride...</a>:
    [QUOTE]For my daughter's wedding, the MOB and MOG carried simple, small bouquets because neither of us liked wrist or pinned corsages.  The flowers looked lovely. If your mom doesn't like flowers, you could get her a pretty brooch or necklace to wear with her dress.  Or perhaps she would like a pretty clutch. If your mom is walking you down the aisle, she doesn't necessarily have to carry anything.  I assume you and she will have your arms linked in some way anyway. 
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree. We are also doing simple, small bouquets for the mothers. A nice clutch would be a great alternative.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards