Not Engaged Yet
Options

Do you wear makeup?

Just bored at work again so I'm coming up with a random poll! Who wears makeup and how much?
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Do you wear makeup?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Usually just concealer, eyeliner, and masala. Sometimes foundation in the winter. I hate make up in the summer.
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    No make up, I may wear make up like once of twice a year.  Never really got into it I guess. 
  • Options
    lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I'm going somewhere on a daily basis, I wear it basically every day. Usually just foundation and blush. If I'm going somewhere special, I put basic lip gloss on as well as eyeliner and sometimes mascara or eyeshadow. At home or just making basic errands or (now!) when exercising, I don't wear any.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Almost every day unless I'm not planning on leaving the house much. Eyeliner, shadow, mascara is my go-to. I don't mess with foundation/concealer. Always seems too gunky to me. I do use Clinique lotions and sometimes an oil-free moisturizer with SPF.

I have pretty much been going "naked" on days off from the show, though, because stage makeup is intense. :)
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I never wear makeup.  Lyn you and I are twins.  It takes to long and I don't really care how I look.  I have good skin so I don't need it, plus the bruising around my eyes looks like I am wearing eye shadow.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    amsmith1989amsmith1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel naked without the basics...eye liner and mascara...occasionally cover up.  I look like a child if I don't define my eyes like a big girl Undecided
    Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Graduation tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I usually just wear some concealer if I'm feeling lazy. If I want to make an effort I will do eyeliner and eyeshadow. That's usually the extent of my beauty routine. I don't like mascara because I end up picking at it.

However, I am never found without my Burt's Bees chapstick!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the day. Some days I don't wear any and some days I wear concealer and mascara

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In the summer I wear moisturizer, concealer (when needed), mineral veil (for oily skin),  mascara and lip stain. If its a special occasion I'll wear eyeliner and blush.

In the winter I turn a funny yellow color lol so I wear a lot more. I'll wear all of the above plus powder, bronzer, higlighter, eyeshadow and chapstick.

My face gets very oily in the summer and dry in the winter so using good moisturizers and a light mineral veil over everything helps things a lot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If I have a big meeting or an event at night, I'll wear eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. On the weekends, if we're going out with anyone besides just me and FI, I'll wear eyeshadow, too. But FI likes me better with no makeup :) God I love that man.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    I look really, REALLY young for my age, and without makeup I look even younger. Also, I almost always have a blemish or two in some stage of its life on my face. So I wear spot concealer for the specific spots, eyeliner and mascara, but that is about it. In the summer I usually also wear bronzer, because I don't like tanning my face so it doesn't match the rest of my skin otherwise!
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wear-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ac974d43-7f72-42e6-a408-bb86afa3b395Post:5171663a-7a2f-4211-9ba9-b493534016ca">Re: Do you wear makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I have a big meeting or an event at night, I'll wear eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. On the weekends, if we're going out with anyone besides just me and FI, I'll wear eyeshadow, too. <strong>But FI likes me better with no makeup :)</strong> God I love that man.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

My BF does too! He says he doesn't care either way and that I am beautiful no matter what, but almost every single time that he just stops and stares at me and says, "You're beautiful," are when I have no makeup on. It's always when I am squished and crazy-haired right when I wake up, more often than when I am all dolled up to go out!
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I generally wear a base (foundation, powder, concealer), blush, eyeshadow, mascara and eye liner every day for work, and when going out with friends.  (sounds like a lot, but I don't pile it on or anything and it only takes about 5 min).  On a weekend, generally I'll just do a base and some mascara.  I have a weird uneven skin-tone, so I don't feel 'ready' without at least base makeup on.  Of course when I'm just sitting around the house, I don't put on anything.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the day - Like most days when I'm working, I don't wear anything (I'm lazy, and getting an extra 5-10 minutes of sleep over doing make up is better lol) but when the urge strikes me - I wear eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara and lipgloss. I've never gotten into the whole concealer, foundation crap. When I worked retail, all the make-up counter girls loved to experiment on me (as i never wore make up).

Uusally day-to-day no make up.
    Special occasions and going out - Eyeliner, eye-shadow, mascara, lipgloss
    If the urge hits, I'll play with the above mentioned, but usually I don't wear anything.

Tiger, Csousa, BF is like ya'lls BFs.... He prefers me not wearing any- and loves me when I'm "bumming it" in just a t-shirt and jeans :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wear-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ac974d43-7f72-42e6-a408-bb86afa3b395Post:ee614fcd-38be-411b-90df-1e085cbfd9e5">Re: Do you wear makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depends on the day - Like most days when I'm working, I don't wear anything (<strong>I'm lazy, and getting an extra 5-10 minutes of sleep over doing make up is better lol)</strong> but when the urge strikes me - I wear eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara and lipgloss. I've never gotten into the whole concealer, foundation crap. When I worked retail, all the make-up counter girls loved to experiment on me (as i never wore make up). Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

THIS times a thousand!!! I am the exact same way. Same thing with my hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wear-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ac974d43-7f72-42e6-a408-bb86afa3b395Post:314ce483-12cf-4baf-afca-731c70598f9a">Re: Do you wear makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I generally wear a base (foundation, powder, concealer), blush, eyeshadow, mascara and eye liner every day for work, and when going out with friends.  (sounds like a lot, but I don't pile it on or anything and it only takes about 5 min).  On a weekend, generally I'll just do a base and some mascara.  I have a weird uneven skin-tone, so I don't feel 'ready' without at least base makeup on.  Of course when I'm just sitting around the house, I don't put on anything.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

This is almost my exact routine, except I don't wear foundation and I switch between bronzer and blush. I do just a little bit of everything so the effect isn't over the top at all.

If I had to choose only one thing it would be eyeliner. I feel like my eyes look weird and naked without it.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wear-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ac974d43-7f72-42e6-a408-bb86afa3b395Post:0c96b19d-cf0b-45ba-8f0b-45e320cb9159">Re: Do you wear makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel naked without the basics...eye liner and mascara...occasionally cover up.  I look like a child if I don't define my eyes like a big girl 
    Posted by amsmith1989[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is how I feel too! No one else agrees with me but it's just how I am. I always wear eyeliner and on the rare days I forget I feel weird and naked. </div><div>I always put on coverup but I'm pretty sure it comes off during the day so it's sort of a waste. I like to wear mascara usually too but it's not a must-have every day.</div><div>
    </div>
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyday for work - days off not so much unless i'm going out of the house for an extended period of time. I only use Bare Minerals as it's the only makeup that dosen't make me breakout or sweat off.

I start with their foundation primer - then use foundation , all over face color , blush , and finish with their mineral veil which is like a finishing powder that softens everything. I also use lip liner and lipgloss or soft natural tones in lipstick.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on what time I wake up in the morning. I always wear mascara...It makes my eyes look done even if I don't have any eye shadow on. Usually I wear light makeup but do a little more with my eyes when I go out or if I have something important going on at work.
  • Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been blessed with acne so I wear Bare Minerals powder on my face. Normally I wear a thick line of eyeliner on my top lid and mascara, and sometimes I wear eyeshadow and liner on the bottom. I have blonde lashes and light green eyes, so I need to do something to have them stand out!!
    White Knot
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Pretty much every time I leave the house, I have on concealer, powder, blush, and mascara. I have VERY fair skin and hooded eyes so taking five minutes to even out my skin tone around my nose and under my eyes, powdering to set and to further even out and help with oil, plus blush for some color, curled eyelashes and mascara to open up my eyes...those 5 minutes add a lot to my confidence on a daily basis. :)

For special occasions, I'll add some eyeliner and eyeshadow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just wear eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes I wear concealer as well. I hate the feeling of make-up, but I look naked without it.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    RoseofOrionRoseofOrion member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I'm not feeling lazy, I do. I LOVE playing with eye shadows, but I don't wear foundation, or concealer. If I'm going somewhere special though, I'll slap on some blush or bronzer.
     And I usually wear something on my lips like a neutral gloss or something light. However, I'll pull out my deep red pin-up girl-esque lipstick when I'm feeling especially vixen-like. My BF loves that lipstick on me, but usually I'm not feeling confident enough to wear it.
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wear-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ac974d43-7f72-42e6-a408-bb86afa3b395Post:4c5baf05-f18e-4c0f-a3a2-b46a0e34c95a">Re: Do you wear makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pretty much every time I leave the house, I have on concealer, powder, blush, and mascara. I have VERY fair skin and hooded eyes so taking five minutes to even out my skin tone around my nose and under my eyes, powdering to set and to further even out and help with oil, plus blush for some color, curled eyelashes and mascara to open up my eyes...those 5 minutes add a lot to my confidence on a daily basis. :) For special occasions, I'll add some eyeliner and eyeshadow.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

You sound like a professional makeup artist when you say that! I totally agree, for me it is worth the few minutes it takes.

I also love applying makeup. Mine, someone else's, doesn't matter. It feels like art to me, and I enjoy the crap out of it. Many a time when I have been stuck in traffic with someone else driving, I will whip out my makeup bag (I usually have my basics with me in a small bag), and give myself a makeover to stave off boredom.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    I wear mascara on a near daily basis because I feel like I look pale and sick without it, but that's really it. On special occasions, I add eyeliner and clear lip gloss. I'm definitely a minimalist.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To work: Foundation, eyeliner, mascara and sometimes shadow.

Weekends: Foundation and light eyeliner.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I said that I go all out... powder, blush, mascara, lip liner... but I only spend 5 minutes on it. That's pretty much my go-to-work regimen, or go on a date with FI dealio.

If I'm going out I could take as long as 15 minutes.... but I can't remember the last time I went out out. (Le sigh.)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pretty much every day.  Definitely every day that I work but sometimes at home & in town I go without.  I have a whole routine when I do though . . . eyeshadow primer (from Urban Decay), powder foundation from Bare Minerals (so it doesn't feel heavy & it breathes), eyeshadow from Mac, gel eyeliner from Stila, mascara from Sephora, and then just a little lipgloss.  Sounds like a lot but it doesn't look like a lot on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    every day if i am going out i wear foundation blush, eye shadow, mascara, eyeline and powder.  It only takes me 5 minutes though,  

Anniversary

• Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put not at all, though for the rare occasion I'll put some on. It's not really a predictable thing though. Sometimes I will for a wedding but usually I don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards