Not Engaged Yet
Options

My first over-budget temptation

It had to be a shoe.

I have been soooo good at keeping everything at or well under the budget FI and I set. I'm all about coming in way under the mark. Is it just the principle of the thing (it can be done!)? Is it so I can splurge on little stuff I want (airbrushed makeup, etc)? I don't know why. But all I know is we set a budget of $1,000 for my dress and I spent under $600.

So, is it so terrible of me to want these shoes?

My budget is $50 for shoes.... these are $75. Do I only want them because they're too expensive... or because they're exactly what I'm looking for? le sigh....

Shooooooes!

Foot in mouth
Anniversary

Re: My first over-budget temptation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    just get them. If its what you really want....and you did awesome on the dress....go for it. I'm on a tight budget too so I feel you girl.
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get them!  If $25 is the difference between getting something you really love and something that's just okay, then do it.  You can find somewhere else in your budget to save $25!

I thought you were going to say they were $300 or something close to that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go for it girl. If its something you really want then get them. You did awesome on the dress so you can.
  • Options
    mrs.rabmrs.rab member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buy them!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl, get them! I'm in love with a pair of shoes that cost about $400.  Did I mention that is probably more than I will be spending on my dress?  I know it is important to stay within budget, but the budget can be give and take.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    get them! i think that your saving big time on the dress totally makes up for the extra $25 on the shoes!
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    get the shoes. If you are saving big on so many other areas of your wedding $25 is nothing.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off, those are KILLER shoes! I lurve them!!

Secondly, you saved a ton on the dress - treat yourself and get the shoes!! DO IT!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Don't do it! Think of all the things that you could get with that $25! And when you think of something that can be bought for $25, let me know.

I actually think you should get them, once you make sure they are comfy. But I also thought having someone say no is what you might want. So you get both. They are super cute, but try them on and make sure you won't hate life if you wear them all day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, hetshup! You just have to be different. Wink

I did think it was kind of funny that everyone is all like "yeeeeeeeesssss!" But I have to admit, those are super-cute shoes. So I can't blame you guys for telling me to go for it. I have the website set to send me an email when they restock my size. I'll probably get them. They have free returns in case they're not comfy.

Undecided
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Enh.  I looked at money saved in one place as being able to be applied elsewhere. 

Bonus of shoes - you WILL wear them again.  (I have worn both pairs of my 'wedding' shoes several times already.) 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Like I told you on FB, I think you should get them.  Mutley totally read my mind with the "you will wear them again."  I knew from the start what shoes I wanted, and that they would be about $75.  But I figured I will wear them until there are holes in the soles, despite the fact that they are my "wedding shoes."  Plus, you did so well on the dress.  If $25 is what stands between getting shoes you love and shoes that you're just kinda sorta happy with, I'd spend the $25.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    MattsAnnieMattsAnnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone if your saving soooo much everywhere else $25 is nothing. And they are absolutely awesome shoes...I WANT them Smile
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a wardrobe budget? I figure if you keep everything that you will be wearing under that budget, it doesn't really matter how it's allocated.

And yes, it's my goal in life to be contrary no matter what.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No wardrobe budget. It's basically just things I need/want and how much they cost. I need $80 for my bra, $60 for my crinoline (although I am looking for a super-cheap one on eBay), $180 for airbrush makeup (bridals & wedding), hair is free, about $100 for dress alterations, $30 for spanx, $15 for earrings, and apparently $75 for shoes.

But this is all pretty spread out over the next 5 months. I've run it all by my accountant (read: FI), and he says it's cool.

Of course, he probably just can't wait to take it all OFF of me after the wedding, but whatever. Wink
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crinoline is HOTT. That's right, two T's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, I should look for a purple one.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always dye it purple if you can't find a purple one.

http://adorkableduo.com/?go=crinoline

Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Acro, don't tempt me! I might start considering it! Embarassed
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeana-- You need to do that, it's soooo cute. You already bought the thing, and dying it isn't that hard. I seriously love that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I just read the instructions.... and now I'm seriously considering a purple crinoline. See what you people do to me? Sealed
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DIY is fun Jeana!  Embrace it!  :-)

I'm not even sure I'm having a crinoline under my dress, but if I do, it's being dyed lime green.  ;-)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get the shoes!  I know how long you've been looking for shoes and since you saved on the dress I think it's totallly okay to spend another $25.  And they're cute.  Smile
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DYE IT!!!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeana if you don't dye it, we will all haze you online until it is done. If I were craftier i would do it, but the only thing that will be purple in that equation will be me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am considering it. Josh says I shouldn't because there would be no resale value. I told him I found a few crinolines on eBay for under $10. I'm sure I could sell an awesome purple crinny for $10!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_first-over-budget-temptation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad084067-0771-4256-83a2-999120fb992aPost:11921ace-5033-4032-ac4f-ef8f48e1859b">Re: My first over-budget temptation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Josh says I shouldn't because there would be no resale value.
    Posted by jeanacorina[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why but I find that completely adorable.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, because it IS adorable, he's so effing PRACTICAL about EVERYTHING.... that's just so him!

Did I tell you when we were looking to move into our current apartment he went around to all 3 bathrooms and flushed each toilet, then checked every single window to make sure it locked and didn't have tons of millipedes nesting in it? (long story)

Our property manager said she wants to bring him with her next time she buys a car. lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of dying it! I've already decided I won't be wearing wearing traditional, white shoes on my wedding day. Now Im gonna have to keep the idea of dying the crinny tucked away in the back of my head too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards