Not Engaged Yet

Intro

124»

Re: Intro

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:6c0503a5-4e83-4533-9fe1-604b1e350928">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : This will be either TMI, or you'll just flat out hate me for it, but I was on Depo for over 5 years, no periods.  And with this Mirena, no periods. Honest to God, I've forgotten what it was like.  If I had to buy feminine products again, I'd probably stand in the middle of the aisle lost.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

Wow...I think I'd be too wigged out by no periods. Feminine products suck, though. Way too expensive for some paper and plastic. They should be government subsidized and/or handed out for free wherever condoms are. Fer srs.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of feminine products, we went to a raw vegan organic market today (local farmers markets rock!) and there was this hippy chick who handed me a pamphlet and a piece of chocolate and when I turned to respond to whatever she was selling, she said, "Oh, you look like you're in a rush, so just read it later."  So I shrugged (I was definitely not in a rush as I was browsing the area, so I was confused) and put it in my pocket.

Read it later, and it turns out to be washable panties that velcro on the sides to use instead of pads or tampons.  Yep, diapers for women.  Made of hemp, organic and environment-friendly.  Oh joy! 

Definitely didn't return to that booth.

Anniversary

• Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:cbd4245e-ef1c-495b-95e7-bd32d00ee065">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of feminine products, we went to a raw vegan organic market today (local farmers markets rock!) and there was this hippy chick who handed me a pamphlet and a piece of chocolate and when I turned to respond to whatever she was selling, she said, "Oh, you look like you're in a rush, so just read it later."  So I shrugged (I was definitely not in a rush as I was browsing the area, so I was confused) and put it in my pocket. <strong>Read it later, and it turns out to be washable panties that velcro on the sides to use instead of pads or tampons.  Yep, diapers for women.  Made of hemp, organic and environment-friendly</strong>.  Oh joy!  Definitely didn't return to that booth.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>Ick. No thanks! I think the Diva cup looks cool though. It's a re-usable product, but way less icky (IMO). I just haven't gotten one because I'm afraid of the learning curve of putting it in. Tampons are just easy. </div><div>
    </div><div>On the topic of mac n cheese with ketchup: Gross! BF will ONLY eat it with ketchup though, and I just hate how it smells that way. </div><div>
    </div><div>And further, on the topic pre-engaged: Gag me with a fork. You're either engaged or not. Simple. As for the term 'partner', I use it in academic and professional settings. Mostly for the political correctness; it can encompass anyone. BF said it a month or so ago for the first time, I was so proud. But I'm also a social work student, so...And this is all my personal opinion, and I know a lot of people would disagree.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited December 2011
    Beads, you're a social work student too?!?! No way. I didn't know that!! Awesome. Social work students unite!!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
    edited December 2011
    Bourgehm - Ya, more or less. I'll be getting a 4 year honours BA, rather than a BSW, but I take basically the same classes someone in a BSW program takes, it's just not called that (we call it - ahem - social development studies). After the BA, I'll be going on to get the MSW. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! I'm just getting a BSW, then will work for a while and eventually get my MSW. I had no idea you were a sw major (or something like that. haha) too. Yay!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
    edited December 2011
    I love finding other people who are studying the same thing I am! I probably won't do the MSW right away either, if for no other reason than financial. It's my goal though, and I definitely want to do it before I have kids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:cbd4245e-ef1c-495b-95e7-bd32d00ee065">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of feminine products, we went to a raw vegan organic market today (local farmers markets rock!) and there was this hippy chick who handed me a pamphlet and a piece of chocolate and when I turned to respond to whatever she was selling, she said, "Oh, you look like you're in a rush, so just read it later."  So I shrugged (I was definitely not in a rush as I was browsing the area, so I was confused) and put it in my pocket. Read it later, and it turns out to be washable panties that velcro on the sides to use instead of pads or tampons.  Yep, diapers for women.  Made of hemp, organic and environment-friendly.  Oh joy!  Definitely didn't return to that booth.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Ew. Ew, ew, ew, ew, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I admire this chick's commitment to helping our environment, but THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY, DAMMIT!

Gross. Gahhhh. ::twitch:: ::twitch:: Blechhh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards