Not Engaged Yet

Post Christmas Blues- pity party

2»

Re: Post Christmas Blues- pity party

• edited December 2011
    Well we were supposed to go away with a couple of friends but then they said it was too expensive and then FI admitted he thought the plan was too expensive as well.  And I know I'm being a selfish brat but it's my friggen birthday and now it doesn't look like we're going to do anything.  He wants me to pick a nice restaurant or something but I just think that's boring.  And now it's probably too late to organize anything with our out of town friends.  I'm just annoyed about it.  Cry
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Sorry.  :( 
    Maybe he has a special surprise planned. 

Could you go to a cool restaurant nearby with friends, and then get a swanky hotel for just you and your FI for that night?  That way friends are in on the celebration, but you still get to spend the night out.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_post-christmas-blues-pity-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:aee0a242-3b81-4d7f-a560-4397aedb52a9Post:258f0e8c-5507-4975-836f-b2e87bcc4409">Re: Post Christmas Blues- pity party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry.  :(  Maybe he has a special surprise planned.  Could you go to a cool restaurant nearby with friends, and then get a swanky hotel for just you and your FI for that night?  That way friends are in on the celebration, but you still get to spend the night out.
    Posted by **Mutley**[/QUOTE]

Maybe.  I just don't feel like putting any effort into planning something because I hoped he would do it for me but as it gets closer it doesn't seem like that's going to be the case.  I'm just setting myself up for dissapointment.  And I know it's just a birthday and I'm making a bigger deal of it than I should but I can't change the way I feel.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    NQB I don't blame you for feeling badly, it's kind of a big deal birthday and expecting that FI would get that and plan for it isn't out of line, I'd be disappointed too.

Giants killed me, we went to the game against the redskins so my hopes were real high for this weekend, but of course they broke my heart. I'd almost forgotten that this is what being part of big blue used to be like.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_post-christmas-blues-pity-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:aee0a242-3b81-4d7f-a560-4397aedb52a9Post:a6b4dda4-a96b-4c32-8d1c-cd1919cb522d">Re: Post Christmas Blues- pity party</a>:
    [QUOTE]NQB I don't blame you for feeling badly, it's kind of a big deal birthday and expecting that FI would get that and plan for it isn't out of line, I'd be disappointed too. Giants killed me, we went to the game against the redskins so my hopes were real high for this weekend, but of course they broke my heart. I'd almost forgotten that this is what being part of big blue used to be like.
    Posted by Button5807[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Giants are like an abusive boyfriend.  Every now and then they do something great so I keep going back for more.

Anyway I think I need to talk to FI and tell him I'm upset because we haven't really talked about it since the trip was cancelled.  He said maybe we'll go to Montreal but that's a hella long drive for just one night.  We decided to refinance the mortgage and that's all going down ASAP so things are tight I realize but I just wanted to do something cool.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_post-christmas-blues-pity-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:aee0a242-3b81-4d7f-a560-4397aedb52a9Post:243c4e7c-eedf-4189-be94-71db1762a028">Re: Post Christmas Blues- pity party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Post Christmas Blues- pity party : Yeah the Giants are like an abusive boyfriend.  Every now and then they do something great so I keep going back for more.
    Posted by notquiteblushing[/QUOTE]

gosh, i couldn't have said that better myself.

maybe the new stadium will bring us good luck.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards