Not Engaged Yet
Options

Favorite registry item

Last night we went and registered at Macys... I thought the Keurig would be my favorite registry item, but nope... I seriously hope someone gets this for us!

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=472990&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

They are little dessert shot glasses! How much fun are these? I just want to make fun desserts and have parties! LOL... Well, I think it is realistic to think someone will get these for us, the Keurig? Probably not at $250 :)
~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: Favorite registry item

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That thing is cute! I love glass wear though - it's always so pretty and elegant looking.

Is the Keurig one of those individual cup coffee makers?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Those are so pretty! Nice pick :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favorite-registry-item?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b3811d5a-4c51-4e64-b7e2-740506e8f533Post:b4f097a1-acd6-4027-95a4-7a5c6e01e816">Re: Favorite registry item</a>:
    [QUOTE]That thing is cute! I love glass wear though - it's always so pretty and elegant looking. Is the Keurig one of those individual cup coffee makers?
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is. I think it would be nice because FI doesn't drink coffee, but he does love tea. And they have tea in the k-cups.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a dessert auction at church this weekend and someone had used the little dessert shot glasses and black and white dessert on a glass board to make them into a checker board pattern.  Very cute!
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    edited December 2011
    Just a comment about making tea in those things...it will taste like coffee. My old roommate had one, and I made tea a few times, and it always tasted like coffee. I reverted back to using boiling water and a tea bag pretty quickly (it was cheaper too). I also found it make very small cups of everything.

BUT, hers could just have been a crappy model, and this was a few years ago so they might have changed it. I'm not trying to change your mind on the thing or anything, that's just my experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Is this the one you're talking about?

We registered for and received it.

It is A.MAZ.ING.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    edited December 2011
    If that's the one Hazel, it looks 1000x better than the one I was talking about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're planning on registering this weekend. I'm super psyched for an ice cream maker!! Not sure which brand - I'm open to suggestions :) 
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, an ice cream maker sounds like fun! And those little dessert glasses make me want to whip up a cute dessert!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    those are SO CUTE!  unfortunately, we registered for mostly practical, inexpensive things (except the KitchenAid mixer of course!).  however, I have been stalking the registry and the first items have been bought!  a platter and serving bowl from our dish collection.

59 more days to go!

don't mean to threadjack, but has anyone used the registry completion programs after the wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we already have 2 full households of stuff, so we registered for a lot of frivolous items, lots of Waterford crystal vaces and bowls and frames. When people ask, we tell them we prefer cash as a present. I have a ton of debt we'd like to pay off in the next year or so. But, we had a lot of fun registering! :)
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh, how lucky for you then!!  I didn't register for anything fancy.  FI and I aren't fancy people, plus I've only been to one wedding where someone did register for nicer things.  my grandma has several sets of china/glassware/etc., so I'm hoping that one day she'll let me have some or buy some of it from her.  I really like the dessert shot glasses though...  so cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I received a Keurig for graduation and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

I think that to prevent it from tasting like coffe, you could run a cup of just hot water to rinse out the spigots.
  • Options
    msjenna519msjenna519 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We haven't gone into any stores to register, I've done it all online :)  We also have everything we need so I registered mostly for decor stuff.  I think the things I want the most are for our formal living/dining room since it's been pretty much empty for the 3 years we've had this house.  LOL.

I think those dessert glasses are super cute though.  If I thought I'd ever actually use them I'd totally register for those too (I'm not a dessert person).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite thing is the outdoor fire pit.  It's so frivolous, but I want it so badly RIGHT NOW because we have the perfect backyard for it and we love spending time outside with a beer at night.  It would be SO nice!

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/decorating-and-accessories/fireplace-accessories/black-square-firepit/s156275

We got our first Crate and Barrel gift card as an engagement gift from my grandparents, so if we get enough before the wedding, I'm totally going to buy that!  My friend has a wedding registry now, and she's getting married this weekend and told me that if we want to buy it in the next 6 months, she'll add it to her registry so we can get the completion discount by having her buy it with our gift cards.

FI is crazy about the KitchenAid mixer and the grinder attachment so he can make his own sausages (goes along with his Paleo diet - he hates additives and preservatives).

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/mixers/kitchenaid-artisan-red-stand-mixer/s685740

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/mixers/kitchenaid-mixer-food-grinder-attachment/s480030

As far as ice cream maker recommendations, I highly recommend CuisinArt Ice 30B - it's awesome sauce.

Anniversary

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Muwahaha...I used this question to prompt my SO to give me some ideas for his birthday coming up! (June 7th)

He wants this- pannini pan (clicky), which I think is ridiculously heavy- but he wants it. Hehe...
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards