Not Engaged Yet
Options

Post Turkey day survey

So I am about to head off to work, boo.  Luckily it is only half a day and I leave at 1.  So tell me?
1. Am I the only one here stuck working today?

2.. Did you do any black Friday shopping today?  If not what did you do?

3. If you did shop what deals did you get?

4. Did your place get decorated for the holidays at all today?

5. What was the best thing you ate yesterday? Best desert?

6. Does any meal today consist of Turkey day leftovers?

7. Any other exciting plans for today or the rest of the weekend?

8..  What is your favorite holiday song?

I'll be back later hope everyone has a great day!!!

Anniversary

Re: Post Turkey day survey

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll start
    Stupid stock market

No shopping today,coming home after work doing somethings around my house then heading over to the BF's for the weekend.

n/a

I think that will happen next weekend

mashed potatoes and vegetarian stuffing,  best desert were these turkey cupcakes the bfs mom made, they were so cute and so yum

no leftovers :-)

Nothing as far as I know

Christmas Canon and All I Want for Christmas is You

Anniversary

• Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thankfully I'm off today

Heck no! I slept. I don't like people, or crowds, or traffic.

I'm hoping to get the house cleaned and find a spot for the tree this year. I'd love to get things decorated, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure! It was all really good.

At a bare minimum lunch will. Although breakfast may consist of a slice of pie :-)

FI is off this weekend (except he works today), but I'm not sure what we're doing. Hopefully something fun.

Umm I'm not sure I have one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Am I the only one here stuck working today? Possibly. For once, I'm off today and I'm getting paid still.. Holla! 2.. Did you do any black Friday shopping today?  If not what did you do? I'll usually go online at midnight if there's something good. I bought bridesmaids on bluray and maroon5's cd the other day 3. If you did shop what deals did you get? 40% off at express.  4. Did your place get decorated for the holidays at all today? Nope 5. What was the best thing you ate yesterday? Best desert? White Castle stuffing. You would seriously have no clue they were in there if you weren't told. Best desert? Mohave ;) we just had pie and banana pudding 6. Does any meal today consist of Turkey day leftovers? Nope. German amazingness and cheesecake factory.  7. Any other exciting plans for today or the rest of the weekend? FI and I are flying to Chicago in about an hour or so to go to the christkindlmarket. Maybe shopping with my mom tomorrow of she feels better.  8..  What is your favorite holiday song? I haz so many. 
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Nope, I'm here for a "half" day aka 7.5 hours. Bleh.

I only shop online. I'm not a fan of shopping in person & especially not today. 

I just scored a Wii for my parents by using my ThankYou points from Citi so it was basically free & I'm soooo excited about that!!!  I also got my aunt a Pink Yoga set from VS on sale & with a free tote & free gift set inside which I'll probably give to my SIL & Sean's SIL as a little something. 

No unfortunately because I've been at work since 6:30am.  I think I'll do it when I get home today though!

Our turkey was soooooo good. And my mom's stuffing is the best on the planet.  My favorite dessert was my mini pumpkin cheesecakes. They flew off the table :)

I didn't take any leftovers actually because I'm back to healthy eating today.

After work I'm mailing out my SS gift, I think I'm going to decorate the apartment when I get home, tomorrow we have  Devils game & coat drive, Sunday I'll be watching my Eagles take on the Patriots & likely not moving from the couch :)

All of Mariah Carey's Merry Christmas album. It's the best. 

• Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not working, but I don't have work or class on Fridays so it's nothing special for the holidays. I'll be working Saturday and Sunday though!

No! I kind of forgot. I'll probably do some online shopping for Cyber Monday.

---

No...I'll get a tree at work within the next couple of weeks though.

Definitely the Tofurky. I cooked it in the slow cooker this year. The baste I made wasn't as good because I tried something new but it's really hard to ruin a Tofurky for me.

I will likely have a tofurky&mashed potato sandwich aka carbwich for lunch.

Just relaxing today, work this weekend.

That Mariah Carey "I.....don't want....a lot...for Christmas. There is just one thing I need.....and I. Don't. Care. About the presents. UNDANEATH the Christmas tree......" it goes like that.

I'll be back later hope everyone has a great day!!!

White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, I'm here all day too...8-5, blah.
    Nope.  I slept, then got up and got B and I ready, took him to "school" his daycare/pre-school is open thankfully and came to work. 
    I didn't.  But I did place Amazon orders yesterday and Wednesday...got lots of stuff for B from Santa and part of my SS's gift!  Can't wait for them to come in the mail! :)
    I put out my Fall hand towels, a pumpkin spice candle and a cute little vintage style apple crate filled with  with potporri on the table...and B put some window clings of pumpkins and leaves in the front window. 
    Best food was some cheesy potatoes!  Best dessert was my pecan pie...it got loads of compliments! :)
    Nope, I didn't take any left overs because all of my favorites are not figure friendly (potatoes, corn casserole, more potatoes, mac n cheese, rolls, etc.) and I've been doing so good at eating healthier lately!
    Definitely going to be a lazy evening with the little guy.  BF is working at the FD tonight and tomorrow.  I MIGHT get out the Christmas decorations tonight after B's asleep so we can get the tree up and decorated tomorrow...he's really excited about that!
    I really like Miriah's version of All I want for Christmas...otherwise I'm not a huge fan of Christmas music except when decorating, baking cookies with the kiddo and on Christmas Eve/Day.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yeah... I'm definitely not working today :)

No, all my Christmas shopping will be done with my next paycheck.

Not yet. I'm thinking I'll start that tomorrow morning. I can't wait!

Best thing was my green bean casserole. Best dessert was my red velvet cake.

Probably. Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and stuffing.

I'm getting fitted for contacts today (yay!!) and giving plasma. Other than that we have NO plans, which is wonderful.

Baby It's Cold Outside and White Christmas
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So I am about to head off to work, boo.  Luckily it is only half a day and I leave at 1.  So tell me?
    Nope, I'm at work, too.
    Yep, I went at 530 this morning.

I went to Target and got presents for Greg's nieces and nephew, book for my sis, and misc DVDs for myself and other people. I also blew about $100 on out door decorations. I can't wait to get home and put them up!

Last year it was kinda half ass, this year I'm getting more into it. Our front yard and house will be candy cane themed!
    I love love stuffing. Love it. Love it to p-i-e-c-e-s.
    I had apple pie for breakfast
    Decorate house, clean house, prepare for Theses project defense next week. eek!

The theme song for Home Alone
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm off today, but I didn't realize until Wednesday that a different division of my company is working today. Someone sent me a meeting cancellation and I responded that all of us wouldn't be in on Friday.

Well, it's only 8:30am, but I did place an online order at JC Penney. I need to get rid of clothes that don't fit or are getting fuzzy, so I ordered three new sweaters and a pair of slacks for a grand total of $65. We'll see what I keep.

My mom and I are going to the Harvest (craft) Festival later today.

See above.

I put the lights up yesterday (but learned that my crappy Philips LEDs had rusted!). I'll probably get a bit more done this weekend.

It's a toss up between stuffing and buttery corn. Dessert was fruit salad.

All the leftovers are at my parents' house, except H was sent home with some turkey, since only he and my mom eat it.

Harvest Festival. Decorating. And I might brave the mall by Sunday. If I'm really brave, I'll try to hit Walmart to replace my LED lights that rusted.

Mariah Carey "Joy to the World" or Natalie Grant "O Come All Ye Faithful." I can't decide. Favorite holiday album would be Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas" from 1994.

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm at work - sort of. Physically I'm here, but mentally not so much. Le sigh.

2. Did you do any black Friday shopping today?  If not what did you do?
    Nope. I'm at work. I'm considering going to Toys R Us on my way home - apparently they're having a 50% off sale, and I want some new board games (not sure if they're on sale though, I need to check).

N/A. Although I am going to buy a Groupon today - does that count? It's $10 for $20 worth of stuff at a home organizing store.

No. I can't bring myself to seriously start that until next week, otherwise it's just up for too long by the time Christmas actually rolls around.

Yesterday I had some hors d'oeuvres at the event I ran. They were pretty good. My sister thinks I should use the caterer for my wedding. We'll see.

No. They'd be fairly rotten by now - my Thanksgiving was in October.

Not really. Fairly standard - working, climbing, seeing friends, seeing family.

8.  What is your favorite holiday song?
    I'm not sure yet. It changes annually, and I haven't heard a lot of them yet this year (thankfully).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  I'm in DC, so no work for me!  Although, if I were motivated, I'd log in and run stats for extra hours. Oh, and I need to work on my paper and grad school stuff.  :(
    Yep!  We were out of the door at 3:30 AM
    Mom got a pair of boots at JC Penney, and then some clothes for her and my brother.  I finished almost all of my Christmas shopping at Joanns.  Seriously, it feels good to know I only need to pick up a few more things.
    Nope.  And it probably won't.  My brother leaves in the morning, I'm running around before I leave Sunday, my dad hurt his leg, and mom is passed out.
    Homemade cranberry sauce.  Or stuffing.  Or, wait, I know.  That amazing GF bread we made.  Best dessert = pumpkin pie.  Hands down.
    I just found out I'm going to Friendsgiving.  Mast texted me and was like "you know that's still on today, right?"  And I called him and wanted to know what the hell he was talking about as he'd woken me up from my nap.  And he apologized for forgetting to tell me :)  So, I'm taking my own leftovers to ensure GF-ness.
    Friendsgiving, then we're going downtown to see The Room, and then tomorrow night I'm going dancing with Mast.  
    I don't have just one.  But I LOVE Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm not working today!

2. Did you do any black Friday shopping today?  If not what did you do?
    I plan to go out soon, FI wants to check out a smartphone sale. Otherwise I've been working on collecting addresses for my wedding guest list and cleaning the apartment.

Supposedly FI can get this phone for free because he is due for an upgrade.

No, but I did bring it up to FI today. We might start this weekend.

This mac n cheese dish FI's brother bought was the only thing I got seconds for. Tasty! Oh and I had seconds and thirds of wine ;)

We only brought home extra rolls. I didn't particularly like the rolls, they just had lots. We are eating other leftovers for lunch (pizza from Wednesday) and going out to eat tonight.

I don't think so. Oh well we are going to celebrate FI SIL's bday Saturday eve and to a concert Sunday night.

8.  What is your favorite holiday song?
    Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1. Am I the only one here stuck working today? Nah, Tyler's at work because he does the IT support for Tractor Supply and they're sure to have some massive breakdown somewhere today. Last year, their entire debit card infrastructure collapsed :D!

2.. Did you do any black Friday shopping today?  If not what did you do? GOD. NO. I'm about to head out for acupuncture and exercise.

3. If you did shop what deals did you get? n/a.

4. Did your place get decorated for the holidays at all today? Nope. We're probably not going to put lights up this year and although I'm allowing Tyler to have a tree this year, it's not up.

5. What was the best thing you ate yesterday? Best desert? The dressing I made! The best desert is the Sahara, but the best dessert what the gluten free cheesecake my Daddy made for me.

6. Does any meal today consist of Turkey day leftovers? I'm actually eating leftovers for lunch right now: dressing and cranberry salad straight from the fridge.

7. Any other exciting plans for today or the rest of the weekend? Nah. Tyler works tomorrow. I might go get my toes done and take the dogs for a walk in the park though.

8..  What is your favorite holiday song? In the Bleak Midwinter.

• Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bleh, that sucks! I'm back to school (student teaching) on Monday...but I'm not sure that helps.

Nope, I went with my dad to visit my grandma this morning which was really nice. He mowed the lawn and raked the leaves and I visited with her for a couple hours.

N/A

Nope, my mom will probably start Monday. I can't wait to see our tree when we get home! My apartment has 2 mini trees (one real) that I decorated last weekend.

The turkey was great yesterday and I'm not a huge turkey person. I also had homemade apple crumb pie which was yummy. I made asparagus and snow pea salad that I was really proud of (it's the first time I've made food for a holiday and people really liked it!).

Nope. I had fried chicken for lunch. Nommmm

Tonight I'm going out for pizza with my old roommate (we've been friends since preschool and roomed together for all 4 years of college), her family and a mutual friend of mine. This pizza is supposed to be fabulous so I'm pretty pumped. Tomorrow my mom is taking me shopping for shoes since my favorite black pumps are totally shot.

I love "All I want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey. SO corny but it's my guilty pleasure. I was raised Catholic so there are a lot of religious songs I like - especially O Holy Night, Do You Hear What I Hear and Silent Night (which was the first song I ever sang in public, 12 years ago!)

And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards