Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

RED CARPET in my church

I am getting married in a church with red carpet.... And my colors are hot pink and black.... The girls are wearing super cute pink dresses and I am so worried about how bacd the red is going to clash. I have looked for a place in SC to rent aisle runners but I haven't had any luck... Any advice on how to fix my problem or where I can rent an aisle runner?  PLEASE HELP!

Re: RED CARPET in my church

• Etsy may have a nice, personal and relatively cheap option for you.
    Vacation White Knot
  • I don't know if it's too late for this, but I'd probably look for a more neutral colored bridesmaid dress and then use the pink in the bouquets.   Colors like grey, silver, champagne, black etc. all would look great in any room and would look gorgeous with pink flowers. 

• I never care whether the bridesmaids' dresses clash with the church. Indeed, I prefer clashing to blending in, like the church or the bridesmaids were just part of a backdrop, rather than important aspects, in different ways, of the holy event of the marriage ceremony.

My advice would be to just not worry about it and take your posed photos somethere that's not the interior of the church.
  • I really don't think there's an issue.

• I know how you feel!!! Our colors are fuchsia and black and our church has red carpet also. I plan on just having our photographer take pics that wont show the carpet much. But I have seen aisle runners at michales craft store. GOOD LUCK!

• I wouldn't worry about it. Our church has navy blue carpet and my BM wore a coral color dress. 
    As far as the isle runners, you can buy them at Michaels, A.C. Moore, probably Hobby Lobby or other party stores. I got mine at a party store and paid $17.
  • I had purple carpet in our church and there wasn't a single lick of purple as part of our wedding colors...didn't effect anything and there are only 2 pictures where you see the carpet and it doesn't look bad so I wouldn't worry about it.

Aisle runners can be very expensive and dangerous.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards