Not Engaged Yet
Options

Got Gripes?

2»

Re: Got Gripes?

• Options
    I'm a GS Leader, so here's the official story on the cookies:  Each GS Council has the option between two bakers - Little Brownie Bakers and ABC Bakers.  LBB calls them Tagalongs and Samoas, ABC calls them Caramel DeLites and Peanut Butter Patties.  Same recipes, but LBB trademarked the names, so they can't call them the same thing.  Depending on which baker your council has, you also will have different "new" flavors.  ABC has "Thanks-A-Lots" which were the new ones a few years ago, and they kept them, and LBB does not have those.

My gripe:

We went out to dinner last night, and I ordered off the gluten free menu.  Our server basically had no clue what he was doing with it.  The normal entree came with french fries and coleslaw, neither of which were okay, so I asked for a baked potato and fresh veggies.  Their fresh veggie was green beans and corn, so I asked if the corn was okay since everywhere else on the menu it says that the corn is not okay, and he flat out asks me if I have a corn allergy.  He had no idea, so I asked for sauteed spinach instead.  He came back 10 minutes later and said the gluten free entrees only come with one side, and my ribs would be dry - no sauce.  I said okay and killed my spinach (I really wanted that potato), and am at this point thinking it's just easier to not eat.  Dinner comes out, mine is late, the manager comes over and apologizes, and mine walks up as he's leaving.  I go to take a bite and realize my ribs are slathered in sauce.  So, I sent them back.  Manager comes back, says the sauce is actually gluten free, and I let him have it with the server who apparently doesn't know anything about gluten free.  They gave me the spinach, comped my meal and gave us a $25 gift card for dealing with his incompetence.  I still ended up getting just enough gluten in cross contamination to need benadryl to stop the itching last night.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_got-gripes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:bfba65b8-031a-409e-ada5-9bc140c46072Post:5bae0f58-4bba-425e-8db2-f6f81a7ffac3">Re: Got Gripes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Got Gripes? : OMG, I could not agree with this statement more.   I've worked in healthcare on the sales side for over 12 years, and started in Long Term Care sales.  I've seen ( or should say smelled) the good, the bad, and the ugly.  If its run properly it should not smell.  Mind you, <strong>I understand there are smells to healthcare and its treatments</strong>, but there is a difference to that and to a place that smells like urine 24/7 because they are too lazy or understaffed to change patients out of their underpads. Still-  I wish nothing but the best for your mother right now.  Its awful that happened to her.  I hope her care improves and they understand her family is not naive to the type of care she should truly be getting.  II've been there before with my dad.  I got to the point I was so unhappy with his treatment at my home town hospital, I sat my mother down and told her I was going to intervene with his primary care physician because the doc was an idiot.  I ended up getting my dad transferred to a much larger hospital where they were able to manage his care at a much higher level.
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

When I used to have to go up to the inpatient units my BF would say I smell like "eau de hospital" when I saw him right after work.  I now take a shower immediately after getting home from work lol.

Still-do you think your mom will file a formal complaint? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Can I add another gripe?

BF just texted me: "if I get out of work early today, I'm going to go grocery shopping."
    Me: "okay great, thanks!"
    BF: "can you email me the shopping list"
    Me: "I'll do it when I get to my desk"
    BF: "Can you put it on a spreadsheet"

WHO DOES THAT???? 

lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.