Not Engaged Yet
Options

Bridal Shower Gift - Help!

I need some help. I'm going to a bridal shower, and a tag on the invite says that it would be nice if everyone bought a small gift for the groom as well - something for around the house. I've never heard of this (I've heard of wishing wells and lingerie for the bride, though) and I'm at a loss. What the heck should I get the groom? I don't think he's really techy, so I'm going to stick to the house stuff.

My BF isn't much help because if it's not a gadget, he's not interested. What sort of household things does your BF/FI/DH like? The budget is $25.

Thanks, ladies Smile

Re: Bridal Shower Gift - Help!

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At my shower someone gave me a bag of cleaning supplies for my FI. It was kind of funny - and totally helpful.

It was a bathtub scrubber, comet, lysol, sponges, room spray, etc. etc. It was nice to get a bunch of nice new cleaning supplies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know if they have a registry? That would be the first place I'd look and see if anything looks manly on the list.

Does he drink? Target has these Captain Morgan, Budweiser, Guiness glass sets for $15. If he has a favorite sports team you could get him a wall hanging or something.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is where I'd buy a $25 gift card to Home Depot.  I'm not much help here, I guess.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...BF really loves to cook, so any he'd love any kitchen gizmo.

That's a tough one...I don't know of any things around the house that are necessarily gender specific.  Maybe get her FI a normal house item (like sheets, towels, etc.) and just make it for him specifically? 
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do they have a house? Is he handy? You could get something at Home depot and just make sure there is a gift receipt in case he already has something similar.

I went to a couples shower recently and they got a lot of gift certificates, mainly from the guys that were invited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are all really good ideas. They have about six (!) different registries, mainly with a lot of repeat items and uber expensive things.

They don't have a house yet but hope to buy one in a few years. That's a great suggestion, Kat. Cleaning supplies - funny yet practical!
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bridal-shower-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c8179050-25e3-4759-a255-e49382f7f97bPost:a70a9d23-ea9a-4263-a22e-f930fd33b74c">Re: Bridal Shower Gift - Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Does he drink? Target has these Captain Morgan, Budweiser, Guiness glass sets for $15.
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]

i think that could be a really cool gift! or even just like glasses or tumblers for the bar or something. beer mugs would be cool.
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could get him a shovel and a rake. Every man needs lawn equipment. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You could get a cordless drill with a side of different size drill bits and screwdriver attachments.  That's what I got my brother when he got married...knew it would be helpful for putting all their bookshelves and other stuff they got together.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, holy overload on the six registries. Wowza.

Does he have a favorite college team? My mom just sent me a beer bottle opener that plays the Ohio State fight song, and it's kinda hilarious.

These are also a huge hit when I gave them to my FI and my FBIL:

When we had our housewarming, people thought they were hilarious. Ended up wearing them home as bracelets. Ooops. lol

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=17516167

Also fun:
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?BRN=1&SKU=14527001&RN=107&

Then again, couldn't lingerie be construed as a gift for the groom?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards