Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Yay for BF

BF found out yesterday that he got a huge promotion at work!

He's been working towards this position for over a year, and has made multiple transfers within his company in an effort to get to a place where he would be in line for this.

I'm so, so happy for him, because he really does deserve this-he works so hard. He's usually in the office from 8:30AM until at least 7:00PM, and he goes in on the weekends if he had stuff to get done. He's managing two people already, but he will have an official title and compensation now. I'm just so glad he's being officially recognized for all his hard work.

It comes with an 18% salary increase between his end of year bonus this year, and his increase for next year, as well as two extra weeks of vacation. However, he seems to be most excited about the fact that he now gets his own business cards :)

Anyone else with good news to share?

Re: AW: Yay for BF

• Options
    That's awesome! Congrats to your BF!

I don't really have any good news per se, but we were at my friends wedding on Sunday & really loved her DJ so I think we're going to book them this week or next week which makes me happy because I was really, really dreading finding a DJ. 

• Options
    yay! congrats! I love how his favorite part is the business cards. :)

Nothing really new here.
  • Options
    Woohoo!! Yay!! That's so exciting! : ) Congratulations!!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My new job is great, Lauren! Thanks for asking...I'll fill you in over drinks next week :)

Rdr-yay for a good DJ. I personally think that is one of the most important factors in how much fun a wedding is.

Silver-yep, he's so excited about "designing" business cards, it's hilarious (I think there are like 4 different options, haha).
  • Options
    Hellz Yeah! That's great news!! Are you doing anything to celebrate??

Andrew has his second job interview at the Broadmoor for a manager position. :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-yay-bf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d588b4d3-ba4c-47be-a395-86cb0a65d39fPost:6a9ae07c-1833-4efa-80a8-3707164c5688">Re: AW: Yay for BF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hellz Yeah! That's great news!! Are you doing anything to celebrate?? Andrew has his second job interview at the Broadmoor for a manager position. :)
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

We got Chinese food last night, does that count? I didn't have to work until 11 last night, so I asked him if he wanted to go out to dinner to celebrate, but he just wanted to get take-out.

GL to Andrew!
  • Options
    Awesome news jorja! Congrats to your BF and his awesome new business cards :-)

There are so many good news posts about jobs lately it makes me happy!

Good luck to Andrew too lunar. And awesome find on the DJ rdr! That has to be the thing I'm least looking forward to.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Hardcore vibes, Tiger. That sounds amazing!

Lauren, it's in the shopping center right by our house, it's called Sang Hing. The only complaint I have is the crab rangoons. They are literally my favorite part of Chinese food, and this place doesn't make them with cream cheese like I'm used to. They use "regular" (maybe cheddar?) cheese, and it just isn't the same. The rest of the food is good, though. I just ate my leftovers for breakfast, haha.
  • Options
    That is so exciting! Congrats to you guys :)

Vibes to Tiger too! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yay, congrats to your BF! That's awesome :) And that is just too cute about the business cards :)

• Options
    Woohoo!! Congratulations to him :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Yay congrats to your BF!!!!!!!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards