Not Engaged Yet

Thintopia

Morning ladies & happy Friday! 

I am -1.8 this week & magically lost ALL of the weight I gained while I was away last week (literally to the oz) so I'm a very happy camper today! 

I cancelled my WW membership yesterday. I'll finish out this month that I've paid for & then that's that. I've been doing the online program for a while & I'm not seeing results so I've kind of given up on it & see the $20 a month as a waste. 

How did everyone else do this week?

Re: Thintopia

• I just resumed my diet this week. I really slacked off after our honeymoon, so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Rdr, I used WW a few times in the past and had a lot of success. Ever since they changed to points plus it has done nothing for me. I was honestly getting way more points than I could even eat. I've been using the old WW method and more than anything keeping track of every little thing I eat.
    5/27/12
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d6345237-7f44-4994-b871-084bf884a08fPost:a04a7000-b300-4be5-b732-958d5f6ae27a">Re: Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]I stayed the same this week. I had a big loss last week, but I'm disappointed in no change this week because I worked really hard in three training sessions and worked out both weekend days. I think that disappointment is compounded by the fact I saw my primary care doc yesterday to change my antidepressants (mine came out with some awesome new black box warnings, and I didn't feel comfortable staying on them), and she was like, "Wow, they have you on Depakote when you've been struggling with your weight? I'm shocked." Apparently, at least anecdotally, all her patients at my dosage of Depakote (for migraines, not for seizures, which is a different therapeutic level and different kettle of fish) have ALL had significant issues with their weight directly related to the Depakote. I know that a large part of my weight issue is Cushings-related, but now my cortisol levels are swinging DOWN and the weight -- in theory, according to science -- should be falling off. So basically...FML. I emailed my neurologist this morning to ask about it and see if there is something similar to Depakote that may have less severe side effects surrounding weight if that is indeed true. It bothers me that treating one thing harms another. Anyway, sorry for that rant. On to accountability. B: Chobani (3), blueberries (0), banana (0), honey (2) L: Homemade pizza (5), grapes (0) D: Unsure. I'm going to get takeout of some sort. Mo is leaving this afternoon for a bachelor party and I want to eat something awesome. E: I am going to be a lazy load and sit on the couch.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

<div>Ugh I'm so sorry, Liv, that's really frustrating. I took something a couple years ago for migraines (I don't usually have pain, just the weird eye stuff so the neurologist I was seeing gave me something for it) & it was also used to treat seizures. It's going to kill me if I can't think of the name. I will come back when I remember it.  I had to stop taking it because it literally made me insane (I would be in tears one minute & the next I would be furious & ready to kill someone -- I felt like the Hulk), but I know everyone has different side effects.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: I knew it'd come to me: Topamax. Maybe you could look into that? </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d6345237-7f44-4994-b871-084bf884a08fPost:7f84d543-fe36-48f2-bc13-603f4020ebd0">Re:Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just resumed my diet this week. I really slacked off after our honeymoon, so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Rdr, I used WW a few times in the past and had a lot of success. Ever since they changed to points plus it has done nothing for me. I was honestly getting way more points than I could even eat. I've been using the old WW method and more than anything keeping track of every little thing I eat.
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

<div>I did great on it the first time around (I lost 26lbs) when I went to the meetings (also before they switched to Points+). I've been thinking it's because I'm doing it online but maybe it's because of the new program. I'm going to try on my own for a bit. I have the knowledge down, I just have to make the good choices to go with it. </div>

• I'm going to get back into the accountability but without the WW pts since I've canceled it. 

B: 4 hard-boiled egg whites, 1 whole egg (I make it into like an egg salad with salt & pepper); fruit cup; tea
    L: Healthy Choice Turkey Breast
    D: Going to Ruth's Chris with my mom, grandmom, aunt, & cousin. I'm planning to get filet (grilled dry), steamed veggies, & mashed potatoes. 

S: A drink before dinner, a glass of wine at dinner

E: None, I have fallen off the work-out wagon & I need to get my ass back on.

• I am down 1 lb this week for a grand total of 5 lbs lost.  I'm pretty freakin pleased with that! 

Last week was super easy, FI and I both made a big push to eat healthier and work out more.  This week was more difficult.  Monday was my grandma's funeral, followed by a huge luncheon.  Tuesday was an ice cream social at work.  Plus it was my TOM so every day has felt like "more chocolate now!" I haven't been doing the accountability thread because I knew I wouldn't really be sticking to a strict plan.  I'll try to get back into it today.

B: berry smoothie
    S: Mike and Ikes
    L: steamed veggies, cucumber slices, protein bar
    S: fruit
    D: 6 inch veggie sub from Subway
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d6345237-7f44-4994-b871-084bf884a08fPost:26b1e210-27a7-4f92-8fe6-e8816a95840b">Re: Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]RDR, I'm ALSO on Topamax, haha. But yes, there are some fun mood things that come along with that. It's actually why I'm on the antidepressants in the first place, to stabilize the Topamax, which does seem to help somewhat with the migraines. Obviously meds are a huge issue and it sucks that you have to use one to counteract the other. I'm wondering if they'd be willing to try me going off Depakote altogether and just trying the Topamax and (now) Lexapro. I haven't been off Depakote in a long time so I'm not sure what it's actually doing for me.  I'm sorry you had such a terrible reaction to the Topamax. It's not a fun drug. What weird eye stuff do you get? I get the fun you-can't-see-peripherally-anymore thing, and spots, where it looks like life is polkadotted. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

<div>That really sucks. Meds are crazy, the way they work. </div><div>
    </div><div>I usually will get like squiggly colored lines right in front & can't see peripherally after a few minutes of the squiggles. I think I'm really fortunate, though, that I don't get the pain along with it. Only once have I had a painful migraine.</div><div>
    </div><div>I was having this weird thing also that's really hard to explain, it was like I would look at something & my eyeballs would have a delayed reaction in actually getting there to see it. The doctors had no idea WTF it was, they ran all kinds of tests & shiitt, & ended up putting me on Topamax. I think I've become used to it & don't notice anymore or it's pretty rare now. It wasn't painful or anything, just annoying & creepy. </div>

• I completely forgot to weigh in last week...so I just updated that. I've been weighing myself on Sunday mornings, so I'll weigh in for this week on Monday. I've been doing really well and am now on day 12 of my 30-day challenge. No cheats so far! I cannot believe I haven't eaten grains, sugar, legumes or dairy at all in 12 days...and I feel great!! I'm hoping to hit my goal before heading to SD to see all of FI's family over Labor Day because I think they're throwing a shower for us. Yippee!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d6345237-7f44-4994-b871-084bf884a08fPost:6a7602e8-4af0-4c46-ad54-8d29dada982b">Re: Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am down 1 lb this week for a grand total of 5 lbs lost.  I'm pretty freakin pleased with that!  Last week was super easy, FI and I both made a big push to eat healthier and work out more.  This week was more difficult.  Monday was my grandma's funeral, followed by a huge luncheon.  Tuesday was an ice cream social at work.  Plus it was my TOM so every day has felt like "more chocolate now!" I haven't been doing the accountability thread because I knew I wouldn't really be sticking to a strict plan.  I'll try to get back into it today. B: berry smoothie S: Mike and Ikes L: steamed veggies, cucumber slices, protein bar S: fruit D: 6 inch veggie sub from Subway
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

<div>Way to go on the weight loss!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm really sorry about your grandmom. :::hugs:::</div>

• I'm down 1.3 pounds from last week!  (Which, it turns out, was a fluke.  I weighed myself the next two mornings and was at least 1 pound lighter, so really I've only lost about 0.4 pounds this week, or 0.7 if we go with yesterday's weigh in.  I tracked my weight everyday this week just to see how I fluctuate.)

I'm going on vacation Saturday - Tuesday, but I really don't want to go backwards on the scale.  I think for the next week, I'm going to change from "losing 1 pound per week" to "maintaining" on MyFitnessPal, which gives me more calories to work with per day.  I'm still going to work out as often as I can, but I won't expect to see a loss next Friday.  

B - Not sure yet.  Banana and something else probably.
    L - Chicken taco chili (the recipe that never ends!  Good thing it's delicious.) reduced fat cheese and sour cream (326 cals)
    D - Unsure.  I'm on my own for dinner, and I need to buy a new bathing suit and get my nails done.  So I'll probably grab a snack at Target and then get a Smart Ones for dinner after my nails are done.  

S - Fage yogurt that still at work, cottage cheese, carrots.  I may make that breakfast, actually.  

E - Another rest day - I need to let some blisters heal.  I'll try to walk at work for a little while.  I plan to wake up early and run before we leave for the wedding tomorrow.
  • Rdr - You should try using a calorie tracking app.  I find that I'm grasping the concepts of proper nutrition and weight loss much better than with WW.  I liked WW a lot, but I didn't see myself using it after reaching my goal weight.  I also thought it was too easy to cheat with WW.

Don't let me slow weight loss progress fool you - I'm only able to lose about 0.7 pounds per week while still eating enough to not put my body into starvation mode.  
  • edited July 2012
    yesterday sucked.  I ate everything in sight.  I blame all the crap that's been going on plus my TOTM plus insane work stress.  that, and I was being cheap and not really buying much meat and so my body was going crazy for protein.

anyway, on to a new day.  I forgot to weigh in.  I overslept and was running late.  I'll weigh in first thing tomorrow.

BF:  egg + egg white (96), english muffin (120), 1/2 TBS PB (48), 1/2 small banana (55)
    S:  apple (60) with TBS almond butter (100)
    L:  Archer Farms California salad (565), 2 c. watermelon (100)
    S:  raspberry chobani (140)
    early-D:  a few bites of leftover pork and beans from last night's Mexican dinner (no idea cals)
    late-D:  something small if I'm hungry

E:  none.  I'm getting caught up on sleep if it's the last thing I do.

ETA:  I'm finding different stats for the salad, so who knows what it really is.  I think ~500 is probably accurate.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d6345237-7f44-4994-b871-084bf884a08fPost:6d6c780a-09e7-40fb-a8bb-c21aa7e9a56b">Re: Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thintopia : Way to go on the weight loss! I'm really sorry about your grandmom. :::hugs:::
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Thanks, RDR!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    I lost 0.4 pounds this week. Not a lot but not bad since I was a slacker this week in terms of working out. DH and I got new ACs this week and both of us are over our colds now, so we're going to try and do an Insanity work out 3x next week. I'll let you all know how it goes. 

B: Chobani vanilla 0%, blueberries, Kashi go lean crunch honey almond (250)
    S: Cherries and blueberries (80cal)
    L: Turkey sandwich w/swiss, baby carrots and snap peas (244)
    D: Pizza, beer. . . probably a brownie. Not good stuff, but we're having people over to watch the opening ceremonies for the olympics and I'm excited. If I have 100g of pepperoni pizza (average cal) and a brownie, a martini and two beers, I'll be around 900 calories. 
    I don't know if 100 grams of pizza is too many. I'll try to weigh it on our scale as I'm eating and see how full I feel. 

E: lifting beer to my lips and waving my little American flag :) 

Next week will be better! 
  • Its my time of the month and I'm up a pound.  Bleh.... I really need to motivate myself to be more active.  You ladies all did a great job.  I hope I can join these threads with more positive news.
  • I don't do thintopia because I know I would get my butt kicked by several people I'm sure...

So anyways my accountability
    B- bagel plan tea, potatoe pancakes 5
    L- pasta, salad and 3 spring rolls
    D- cilantro lime rice and a portabella mushroom
    S- not sure may be some sweet tea vodka and lemonaide.

E-  going to swim laps right now!!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards