Not Engaged Yet
Options

Randomness

2»

Re: Randomness

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_randomness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d6c6cab9-4830-485a-a634-b2926577ab42Post:ef928f52-943b-4233-a230-751ad4eca401">Re: Randomness</a>:
    [QUOTE]All time fav movie?  The Shawshank Redemption
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

This is my second all-time favorite movie. A <em>very</em> close second.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All time fav movie?
    Too many to list, but I'm also a Dirty Dancing lover...also love American President, Brigadoon (both film and stage) and If A Man Answers (introducing FI to this one tonight)

fav music genre and who is your fav singer/band?
    I love Country...huge Reba fan, Alabama, Randy Travis, etc

biggest pet peeve?
    People who won't put their dog on a leash (it's not only the law in the city, but the rules of our association) and they're usually the ones who won't clean up after their dogs either and let them go in the area near my home causing the association to blame my dog for the mess.

What makes you love your SO more than anything?
    Too many things to list, but I love his heart of gold and all the little things he does...just one example, I got a papercut the other day and he came over, took my hand and very gently kissed my boo-boo.

Something weird/off the wall about yourself?
    I have chronic tendonitis in just about every joint in my body...well, not quite every joint - both wrists, knees, ankles, shoulders, one elbow, a couple fingers and my big toe...it's a genetic birth defect - comes and goes, sometimes I'll have achy joints for a couple hours, sometimes for a couple days or more (thankfully I don't usually have all joints aching at the same time).  I love aspercreme.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_randomness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d6c6cab9-4830-485a-a634-b2926577ab42Post:c8e2f533-5e63-431b-a84e-2fb7bccee430">Re: Randomness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Desert!  I looove Love, Actually   I can feel it in my fingers....I can feel in my toes... 
    Posted by Soon2BMrsJeter[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes! It's so good. I watch it at least once a year. So many clever little lines! And so romantic. Hugh Grant and Colin Firth and Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson and Liam Neeson all in one place....! </div><div><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000"><span style="line-height:24px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" class="Apple-style-span" color="#000000"><span style="line-height:24px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div><div><span style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:17px;font-size:10.8333px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></div><div><span style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:17px;font-size:10.8333px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_randomness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d6c6cab9-4830-485a-a634-b2926577ab42Post:5589d0f3-b584-4fd0-9681-08fb43791398">Re: Randomness</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Randomness : Yes! It's so good. I watch it at least once a year. So many clever little lines! And so romantic. Hugh Grant and Colin Firth and Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson and Liam Neeson all in one place....! 
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I always get this craving for it on the first truly cold day each winter.  It's a craving that doesn't go away until I get to watch it.  Unfortunately, BF hates it.  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes on Euchre!! I'm obviously in Ohio and that's ALL anyone plays here (well that and cornhole - I think it's a midwest thing) I <3. FI's family has tournaments almost every other week. Hetsup I am super jealous you found another couple that fast in your same city!

@ GPB - I also loathe the sound of silverware scraping dishes; thought I was the only one!

All time fav movie?
    This is especially difficult so I will also do my top 5.
    1) Good Will Hunting
    2) 40 Year Old Virgin (I know every line and I will watch this a million times)
    3) Love & Basketball
    4) Fools Rush In
    5) Circle of Friends

fav music genre and who is your fav singer/band?
    I am the most random music person I know. I'm am obsessed with pop music (Gaga, Top 40, I still LOVE NSYNC) but I also love Rap/Hip/R&B and underground music. Pretty much anything. Fave singer or band -- I will say John Mayer off the top of my head because I absolutely love anything he does, for band The Spill Canvas <---- no one I know listens to them :(

biggest pet peeve?
    Silverware scraping against dishes. People who continually use the wrong words to explain things. FI is completely guilty of this. Professors who make asinine rules to make themselves feel important and probably the biggest... people in class (or anywhere really) that ask ridiculous questions/give life stories EVERY time they possibly can in class. You're forcing me to stay there while you go over the dynamics of APA writing style - DO IT AFTER CLASS! (is it obvious school is frustrating me?)

What makes you love your SO more than anything?
    He is honestly the most genuinely GOOD person I have ever met. He never intentionally hurts anyone but he is extremely protective of the people he loves. He also rubs my back every night ( I sleep on my stomach) until I fall asleep. I don't know why I find this so unbelievably sweet. Oh, and he is the hardest worker and never really overreacts -- when I lost my job a month after we bought a house he just said, "don't worry about it, we'll be fine".

Something weird/off the wall about yourself?

I have a legitimate fear of opossums, I am terrified of them. I can't look at a picture of one without freaking out or breaking into a panic. I am an animal lover to the core but if I see one in the road I will swerve to kill it. Ahh thinking about them makes me cringe. I don't know why.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ZOMG cactuses (yes I know it's cacti) and euchre!  That would make my day.  Breezer we need to get plane tickets!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards