New!

Screen Name: Chemchic2006
Significant Other's Age: 29
What You Do: Chemist
What SO Does: Meteorologist
State of Relationship: engaged :)
How Long You've Been Together: 4 years this past September
How You Met: Myspace (lol old school)
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/5/13!
Real Babies: none
Fur Babies: Our pug Zeus
Loves: working out, running, pugs, reading, anything French
Hates: rude/mean/dishonest people, beets, country music
Pet Peeves: Poor grammer- the obvious stuff. No punctuation, failure to proofread, and the misuse of to/too/two, there/their/they're, your/you're, and suprisingly enough know/now.
Hobbies/Activities: running
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so good at forecasting and making predictions based on circumstances (not talking about the weather- but in life in general) I know that when he comes to a decision/gives advice about something, it's right. He's my rock.
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a little too honest sometimes, and doesn't filter what he says to spare feelings.. which is both a blessing and a curse- I don't always want to be told my flaws as a human being lol
Describe Your Personality: Reserved at first, but very polite and will chat with pretty much anyone- if they strike up the conversation first.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3?
I've Been On TK Since: November 2012
How You Came to Be On TK: We got engaged Nov 23 (black Friday)- found TK the next day :)
How I like my potatoes: Herb roasted
Favorite book/author: Phillippa Gregory- love her historical fiction accounts of the English royal families- especially the Tudor era. And of course J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series- cause who doesn't wish they could do magic?
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to be a baton twirler. Now I'm an endurance runner with a 10 miler race, three half marathons (two more coming up this spring) and a full marathon under my belt. Two of my races I ran for charity through Team in Training and was able to raise over $7,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Re: New!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d7a5bb74-0b89-4a2b-834c-e067c37be3b8Post:16ba4071-e71e-40af-b9f7-71c5a6e4b0db">New!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screen Name: Chemchic2006 Age: 28 Significant Other's Age: 29 What You Do: Chemist What SO Does: Meteorologist State of Relationship: engaged :) How Long You've Been Together: 4 years this past September How You Met: Myspace (lol old school) Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/5/13! Real Babies: none Fur Babies: Our pug Zeus Loves: working out, running, pugs, reading, anything French Hates: rude/mean/dishonest people, beets, country music Pet Peeves: Poor grammer- the obvious stuff. No punctuation, failure to proofread, and the misuse of to/too/two, there/their/they're, your/you're, and suprisingly enough know/now. Hobbies/Activities: running Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so good at forecasting and making predictions based on circumstances (not talking about the weather- but in life in general) I know that when he comes to a decision/gives advice about something, it's right. He's my rock. Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a little too honest sometimes, and doesn't filter what he says to spare feelings.. which is both a blessing and a curse- I don't always want to be told my flaws as a human being lol Describe Your Personality: Reserved at first, but very polite and will chat with pretty much anyone- if they strike up the conversation first. Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3? I've Been On TK Since: November 2012 How You Came to Be On TK: We got engaged Nov 23 (black Friday)- found TK the next day :) How I like my potatoes: Herb roasted Favorite book/author: Phillippa Gregory- love her historical fiction accounts of the English royal families- especially the Tudor era. And of course J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series- cause who doesn't wish they could do magic? Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to be a baton twirler. Now I'm an endurance runner with a 10 miler race, three half marathons (two more coming up this spring) and a full marathon under my belt. Two of my races I ran for charity through Team in Training and was able to raise over $7,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
    Posted by Chemchic2006[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board!

Favorite alcoholic drink?
    Dream vacation?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Welcome! I'm a runner too. I just did a 15K this past month here in Atlanta. I usually run a lot of 15 or 10K races. I'm doing my first half marathon in November 2013 in Savannah, GA. I'm pretty excited for it. How was the full marathon? I've always thought about training for one of those but I want to get a couple half marathons under my belt first.

I love anything French btw also. I'm fluent but I haven't been speaking as often as I used to when I was in school because I kept in touch with my friends over in France. Have you been over there? What was your favorite city?
  • Hi and welcome!

If you love books on English royalty and the Tudor era try reading some books by Allison Weir.  I loved The Six Wives of Henry VIII. They are more nonfiction than fiction though. She has a few from that era and they are all pretty good.

I love anything French as well I've been to Paris 3 times.  It's one of my favorite cities in the world. Where have you traveled to?

Anniversary

• buddysmom80

Favorite alcoholic drink? Vanilla vodka & diet coke :)
    Dream vacation? Hawaii

mhollister89

My full marathon was rough.. I injured my knee doing my 20 mile training run and it didn't have time to heal. I got to mile 12 doing a 4:1 jog/walk, and then my knee gave out and I had to walk the majority of the way. I finished running though! (with the abysmal time of 6:56! lol) I did this race through Team in Training and had been training and fundraising since July 2012.. so there was no way I was not finishing. Plus- it was the 20th Anniversary Disney Marathon, couldn't sit it out!

I studied French for 5 years in HS/college. I haven't practiced in a long time and I'm sure 've lost most of it. I can read it pretty good though. I went on a student trip to France when I was 19- it was the BEST. Paris, Provence, Cote D'Azure, Monoco, and Venice. Paris is def my all time fav- SO beautiful!
  • @danser55

I have read that book! lol Europian royalty facinates me... it's just so interesting the way people (specifically royalty/nobles) lived.. the culture is so different than modern day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d7a5bb74-0b89-4a2b-834c-e067c37be3b8Post:008dbf2d-39b9-4b7d-a5da-7db9310b03f9">Re: New!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ buddysmom80 Favorite alcoholic drink?<strong> Vanilla vodka & diet coke</strong> :) Dream vacation? Hawaii @ mhollister89 My full marathon was rough.. I injured my knee doing my 20 mile training run and it didn't have time to heal. I got to mile 12 doing a 4:1 jog/walk, and then my knee gave out and I had to walk the majority of the way. I finished running though! (with the abysmal time of 6:56! lol) I did this race through Team in Training and had been training and fundraising since July 2012.. so there was no way I was not finishing. Plus- it was the 20th Anniversary Disney Marathon, couldn't sit it out! I studied French for 5 years in HS/college. I haven't practiced in a long time and I'm sure 've lost most of it. I can read it pretty good though. I went on a student trip to France when I was 19- it was the BEST. Paris, Provence, Cote D'Azure, Monoco, and Venice. Paris is def my all time fav- SO beautiful!

Loves this

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d7a5bb74-0b89-4a2b-834c-e067c37be3b8Post:008dbf2d-39b9-4b7d-a5da-7db9310b03f9">Re: New!</a>:
    [QUOTE] My full marathon was rough.. I injured my knee doing my 20 mile training run and it didn't have time to heal. I got to mile 12 doing a 4:1 jog/walk, and then my knee gave out and I had to walk the majority of the way. I finished running though! (with the abysmal time of 6:56! lol) I did this race through Team in Training and had been training and fundraising since July 2012.. so there was no way I was not finishing. Plus- it was the 20th Anniversary Disney Marathon, couldn't sit it out! I studied French for 5 years in HS/college. I haven't practiced in a long time and I'm sure 've lost most of it. I can read it pretty good though. I went on a student trip to France when I was 19- it was the BEST. Paris, Provence, Cote D'Azure, Monoco, and Venice. Paris is def my all time fav- SO beautiful!

That's awful about your knee. One of my friends injured her hip flexer while running the 15K last month that I did and she plays tennis with my BF. She is still going with the injury but I don't know how that's going to work out for her in the long run. Anyways, that's awesome you still finished. I hate not running to the finish line in races.

I've been to Nice and Paris but it has been a loonnnggg time since I've been. I keep on hinting to my BF that we need to go someday once we save up some money. It's one of my dreams to visit Provence, Versailles, and Cote D'Azure. I love it!!!
  • Welcome!

I love anything French too. I took 2 years in high school but, I wouldn't probably remember enough if someone struck up a conversation with me.

What is your favorite food? Do you like to cook?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I haven't been to Paris in over 4 years and I'm itching to go back. BF has never gone so I can't wait to get him out there.

Another good book from Allison Weir was called I believe The Children of Henry VIII.

Anniversary

• Versailles is amazing. We did the tour and then rode bikes in the gardens. Definiately go! I'm hoping to get my FI on board one day to go back.. lol If I can get him to Italy (he's Italian) I can get him to France ;)
  • @steign
    LOVE to cook.. I'm always trying to make new recipes. I find most of them on sparkpeople.com (I'm a health food nut). I'll pretty much eat anything.. but my fav is probably mexican.

danser55
    I'll have to look into that one! Thanks!
  • Versailles is amazing. I could have spent forever there.  I went in December the last time, it was a bit chilly I walked all around the gardens petit trianon. I was frozen by the time I was done I didn't realize how far it all was. 

Anniversary

• So jealous! I want to go so bad, maybe during the spring or summer though.
  • edited February 2013
    Welcome!  What do you do as a chemist?

PS My husband is from Baltimore Smile
    Anniversary
  • Welcome :)  I'm not too far from Baltimore...Oscar's kids want to go to the Aquarium, I think we're going to stop on the way home from DC in April!

Who's your favorite Tudor? I know she's just a by-marriage Tudor but I really love Katherine of Aragon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome! I think it's cool that you're a chemist. I loved chem in school, but decided against majoring in it. By the way, I'm not picking on it, but I found it funny that you listed bad grammar as a pet peeve but spelled it wrong. :)
  • Welcome to the board.  I also love France.  

What drew you to the board?  How do you like your potatoes?  Your thoughts on HP?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• @LaSak87
    I work for the Army doing research

@oskie&grungie
    You should! the Aquarium is cool... maybe take the kids to the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore too.. They have the best Children's Zoo! Used to ove going there as a kid.

and my favorite Tudor is probably Anne.. she was so ahead of her time as a woman- It's astounding how much she was able to accomplish.. not saying what she did was right.. but it's still amazing in a time where women had no official power in anything.

leia1979
    you may totally make fun of me... spelling is not my strong point. lol

ravenray
    nothing in particular.. just wanted to read what people talked about under the topic.. and thought I'd join in the convos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards