Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Is This Tacky?

I've been looking into a few things on transportation, and I wanted a springboard to see if anyone thinks this is tacky/sinful/weird. I have several relatives that are very conscious of this, so I wanted to check.

I want to get married at my parent's farmhouse, where there's a large, flat pasture that's perfect for a wedding, with a lake in the background and facing the setting sun. Beautiful :)
But I digress. My problems are 1). that there's virtually nowhere to park anywhere near as many people as I will probably end up having(just his family and mine number almost 75 people, not to mention our close friends will be pushing about 200), and 2). there's not a reception site closer than about ten miles(we're out in the country, so nothing closer than the county hospital. No joke.).
So here's my idea. I want to find about three or four busses for sale, rent, or whatever, and decorate them as nicely as possible. I then give everyone directions to my reception site (wherever that is), and have them leave their cars there. Then transport them in those couple of busses to my wedding site, and then transport them back to the reception site after the wedding behind my transportation.

Is this weird or tacky? Or is this a creative way to solve a logistics problem?

Any feedback-negative or positive-will be welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker I work, I play with my daughter, I clean my house. I watch Doctor Who, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, and Phineas and Ferb. I read Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the Inheritance trilogy. I keep up with the news about Pixar, Disney, and anything new on my favorite shows. On July 24th, 2012, the love of my life asked me to be his wife. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. :)

Re: Is This Tacky?

• Options
    All of this is great advice. I really appreciate all the help. The location isn't a must, and we're still looking, but I wanted to run this idea by someone, just to see what the feedback would be. The thing about the drivers hadn't even crossed my mind. Shows how much I'd really thought about it. :p

Thanks again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker I work, I play with my daughter, I clean my house. I watch Doctor Who, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, and Phineas and Ferb. I read Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the Inheritance trilogy. I keep up with the news about Pixar, Disney, and anything new on my favorite shows. On July 24th, 2012, the love of my life asked me to be his wife. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards