Not Engaged Yet
Options

Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...

Okay...Maybe not paradise....

So...How was your weekend? Do anything fun and exciting? Anything so spectacularly awesome that it's carrying over into Monday?

What do you expect the highlight of this week to be? Is there anything you are really looking forward to?

And....What are you going to do love yourself this week?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...

• Options
    And since I taunted you with paradise....here are a few pictures you can meditate on:

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    How was your weekend? Do anything fun and exciting? Anything so spectacularly awesome that it's carrying over into Monday?

My weekend was pretty amazing. Saturday my sister, FBIL, mom and dad went to check out sis & FBIL's venue, and try out a local caterer. They loved the caterer, so they were able to cross that off their list! Also, the rest of us were seeing the venue for the first time and fell in LOVE, so that made them super happy.

Here is the cutie couple outside the venue. (Edit: I'm totally lying to you. That is INSIDE the venue, with the woods/lake outside in the background). You can't tell here, but it's the great hall of a boy's camp, with woods all around, on the edge of Lake Winnipesaukee in NH. It's all screen doors and windows with a huge fireplace on one end, so it's PERFECT for an early September wedding :) I'm so excited for them!!

Sunday was awesome too. BF and I went to the gym, then out to breakfast, and he took me to see Beauty & the Beast in 3D. Everyone should see that - it's like watching it for the first time. Then we got some yummy stuff to make for dinner, and snuggled in to watch the Pats barely win and make it to the Super Bowl :) All in all, a fantastic weekend.

What do you expect the highlight of this week to be? Is there anything you are really looking forward to?

I'm probably going to hang out with BFF tomorrow, which is always fun. She may have some venting to do, and I may have to tell her straight up that her therapist is a quack and to get rid of her ASAP. Beyond that I haven't planned much as of yet.

I'm going to make it to the gym every morning before work. It's hard as hell to get out of bed in the morning, but I need to remember how awesome it feels for the rest of the day when I've been to the gym. I feel better about myself, and I have way more energy. I also sleep a lot better. So it needs to happen for real this week!
  • Options
    So...How was your weekend? Do anything fun and exciting? Anything so spectacularly awesome that it's carrying over into Monday?

Absolutely freaking craptastically horrible.  Except for a couple bright spots.  I got to go out with the other interns that I never see (they're all mammal and turtle people, so they're in the OTHER building), and spent yesterday early afternoon on the beach.  And Manchester United beat Arsenal yesterday morning.  Those were the good things.  Everything else was teh suck.

Highlight?  Finishing up with the first draft of these figures that I've been working on for three weeks.  And maybe finding the missing link to this paper.  I've got a hunch, but I need some more research before it gets taken seriously.

And....What are you going to do love yourself this week?

I'm going for a run tonight.  After hearing what I did Friday night, I had one last crazy unhealthy meal last night (chili-cheese french fries...) and I'm done with the bad stuff until after I lose this weight.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This is how I feel about today:

My weekend was pretty awesome. We had a 50th birthday party for my mom and it was sooooooo great to see everyone that I haven't seen in such a long time. I cried. A lot. Probably because I was drunk. REALLY drunk as some of you may recall from my drunk texts lol

Yesterday I lazed around trying to overcome my hangover and then faced Wal Mart which I can't stand, it's such a love-hate relationship. But then FI and I met at Chilis for dinner before heading home to crash.

I have no idea what the highlight of my week will be. I'm not sure there's anything spectacular going on. Other than the fact that the weekend is coming lol

I'm going to encourage myself this week and be more compassionate. I'm not going to get down on myself if I have a bad day health-wise, I'm just going to give myself a pep talk and move forward with the rest of the week.

• Options

Weekend was really good. Getting things accomplished around the house felt good, did lots of cooking and every started working out. Sadly my working out idea didn't carry into Monday, couldn't force myself out of bed at 5am.

Can't say there is a big highlight this week, aside from the bathroom nearing completion. I'm nervous about my allergy doctor's appointment today. I've never had allergy testing before, but I seriously doubt they are going to do anything for me. Also, it's anxious around work today because the retention exam is happening right now (1 person will keep their job and 2 will have to leave based on the test results).

I haven't even thought this far. Not necessarily fun, but it is putting myself first. Go to a WW meeting today, track and get some workouts in.
  • Options
    My weekend went pretty well. FI and I got to relax at home for the first time in such a long time. I'm so happy holidays and birthdays are done for a while, lol. We went for a long walk in the park yesterday, in the snow, and my hand took a couple of hours to warm back up to be able to use again, but it was fun!

I also managed to stay within my calories every single day, so I lost some weight this week! : )

The highlight of this week? Hmm, nothing as of yet, unless I manage to stay in my calories again every week! : )

I'm going to treat myself to healthy eating and consistent workouts and positive thinking for my self-esteem! : )
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

It was okay. It started with us looking at even more ring settings. Yay! I mean, ring shopping is always fun. But it just makes us realize how far we are from saving up even a grand or two towards a ring. And then it turned crap when we tried to sell an old ring guard BF had from a previous engagement and the best offer was $150 and worst was $62 bucks. He really became cranky b/c he was really counting on that for a decent amount of money towards a ring for me. He's cranky=I'm cranky and we kind of sat around for hours after that. Blah. 

Um, making sure my dad gets through hip replacement surgery okay. He's scheduled to have it Thursday morning, so send good vibes. I know these things are supposed to be routine, but major surgery scares me. 

I'm really going to eat cleanly this week and work out at least 5 days. I feel like crap when I eat poorly. I feel like crap when I don't work out. I keep getting in my own way and I'm sick of it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-monday-paradise-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da6f5aed-ed1d-4525-8eeb-35f0109841b6Post:c0975214-4a0c-401d-8cc2-107bf2728a4b">Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]How was your weekend?[/QUOTE]

Meh.

[QUOTE]Do anything fun and exciting? Anything so spectacularly awesome that it's carrying over into Monday?[/QUOTE]

Not even vaguely. The weekend was spent cleaning the house and going to a funeral.

[QUOTE]What do you expect the highlight of this week to be? Is there anything you are really looking forward to?[/QUOTE]

Friday, and no.

[QUOTE]What are you going to do love yourself this week?[/QUOTE]

Going to my therapist for the first time in a month! I'm very oddly excited by this. I get to see her tomorrow.

• Options

weekend was okay.  didn't do anything particularly exciting, but I always prefer the weekend to weekdays!

not sure... I'm in some intense training at work this week, so I won't be around much.  I guess the highlight would be Friday night.  :)  but what's new?

I have no idea.  this week is all about SURVIVAL.  I still plan to keep working out in the evenings.  and I am already looking forward to a nice hot bath tonight.  and maybe read a chapter out of my new book.  so I guess that!
  • Options
    Hahaha, Ollie, that picture is awesome!! I thought I'd feel that way since I got to bed late and then got up early to make FI some bisquits and gravy before work, but I am surprisingly peppy, lol.

You'll have to let me know how the L-Glutamine works for you! I usually take one whenever I feel cravings, but know I'm not hungry and within 10-ish minutes I start feeling like I don't really need it so much. I might still be bored, but my body feels like it's ok and doesn't need anything else.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

The weekend was good I guess. I went to bed really early both Friday & Saturday because I'm a lame old fart. Saturday I drank too much at the Devils game & then went home & ate pizza & had a headache for the rest of the night. Yesterday, I cooked, cleaned, & watched football.  The Superbowl couldn't be more of a nightmare for us Eagles fans this year hahaha

Well as of right now I have a Devils game tomorrow, dinner with my girlfriends on Wednesday, & FI & I are meeting with a DJ on Thursday. One of our customers is in town visiting this week though & my boss just asked me to go out with them either tomorrow or Wednesday though so my plans are probably going to change. I'm excited to meet with the DJ & hope their in our budget so we can get that checked off. 

I rejoined WW this morning & am committed to being healthy! 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-monday-paradise-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da6f5aed-ed1d-4525-8eeb-35f0109841b6Post:6cda8843-277f-4989-b5dd-c619af8b0f1b">Re: Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hazel, you have to take a test to keep your job?? That is CRAP. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, when it happened to me people volunteered to leave so we didn't have to compete against one another. From the sounds of it we would have been getting something that was a cross between an IQ test and logic test.

The 3 who are writing the exam are colleagues of mine who have a different classification/job description. I adore one of them and hope that she makes it through, she's a complete stress ball today. Plus I'm friends with their supervisor who hasn't been able to sleep since he found out he has to do this to his staff.
  • Options

My weekend was spectacular. My dad and I finished my invitations and they went out in the mail... some people have already received them! I had my first shower and it was so overwhelming to have all those people there for me. I am going to be a freaking wreck on our wedding day if it's anywhere near as emotional as that was. I also got tons of good presents! :)

Unfortunately, it's not carrying over until today. FI went over our self-imposed budget AGAIN and it has made me effing crankypants. 

Getting our first RSVPs back in the mail! I'm also looking forward to shower #2 which is on Saturday. I'm doing my hair and makeup trials that day, so it should be fun!

I'm going to try not to overdose on Coca-Cola and candy bars since I'm in such a bad mood. I also need exytimes in a bad way. I guess that doesn't really answer the question. I'm going to work out Tues-Saturday and get back to eating well (I didn't even try to eat healthy this weekend).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-monday-paradise-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da6f5aed-ed1d-4525-8eeb-35f0109841b6Post:c0975214-4a0c-401d-8cc2-107bf2728a4b">Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay...Maybe not paradise.... So...How was your weekend? Do anything fun and exciting? Anything so spectacularly awesome that it's carrying over into Monday? What do you expect the highlight of this week to be? Is there anything you are really looking forward to? And....What are you going to do love yourself this week?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

My weekend was good. FI and I had a BBQ/firepit night on Friday. Since I hadn't seen him for more than an hour in 3 weeks, it was nice to spend some quality time with him.

My sister came to visit from Sat to Sun. It was good to see her. We didn't do anythihng major. Just talked wedding, played with hair, hung around the house. It was nice to not have to entertain. (I don't mean to be rude, but entertaining gets exhausting, and I never have to enterain my sister, she is easy.)

Since my veil came in, I am really looking forward to dropping my dress off to have the bustle done this week! I'm going to put it all on together, the dress, the veil, the shoes, the sash, necklace, everything!

Since last week was a total disaster with food tastings and pizza galore, this week I am going to love my body by eating right every. single. day. :) I am also going to get 2-3 workouts in.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    Weekend: Friday was great! My friend came over to cut my hair and then we went out with some other girls for dinner. We had a blast at dinner! Then we decided to go downtown to bars and it went slightly downhill from there while we tried to find a place to go. Place #1 was having Soul night and we aren't fans of soul music, so we ended up at Place #2 which was too crowded, and then we went to Place #3 which had a weird crowd but good music. Saturday I was lazy. BF and I slept in and he made really good omelettes for lunch. I looked at Pinterest all day while he played StarWars (and we did a ton of laundry). Later we went to Walmart for groceries and a new humidifier. I find it funny that BF and I tend to hit up WalMart on Saturday nights. Hot date! Sunday I got woken up by the cat but decided to stay awake. This jump started my productivity and I ended up cleaning and organizing the kitchen. Threw away a bunch of crap and set a lot of things aside for our yard sale this spring. I don't really have anything to look forward to this week, it's just a typical week, although I do plan to finish organizing the kitchen. And I will love myself by continuing to eat better and sleep better!

• Options

Lauren- What did you think of Catching Fire??

Csousa- You have any more pics of your sister's venue? It sounds pretty!

Peek- I have a feeling this upcoming weekend will be WAY better. I'm glad you are liking your new living arrangements Did you tell us how the other people reacted to you moving out?

Ollie- I'm all for the self-compassion!

Hazel- I've had quite a few allergy tests and then I went on allergy shots- I'm like a completely different person now!

Ely- Congrats on sticking within calorie range this week!

Liv- You take me with you to massage? Thanks.

Danie- I totally let Andrew influence my mood too. I need to work on that.

Stillwell- YAY for therapy! I'm a fan!

Coco- You should for sure find time to read that one chapter this week. It sounds like you need something to look forward to!

rdr- Your week sounds fun!

Tiger- Are you going to jump FI this week?

Nursey- What does your veil look like?

• Options
    Well, on Saturday I met with my ladies group for the first time! 12 women came out for coffee and we chatted for 2 hours. It was SUCH a delight. I can't wait to spend time with them again!! I also really was able to clean up around the house this weekend.

Andrew and I are going out to a kinda fancy place to dinner tonight with one of his wine reps and his girlfriend. That should be fun, I hope! I've never really done a "double date" like this before.

I want to take some time to reseach what's in season in February (fruits, veggies, meats, ect.) and I also got a new book- A Householder's Guide to the Universe.
  • Options

My weekend wasn't very exciting. BF and I were fighting Friday night and had a big long talk Saturday that went really well and things seem to be back on track now. I worked the 3-11 shift everyday (and again tonight) which kinda sucked. BF caught the Norwalk flu that was going around my work so he was up sick all night and now laying on the couch watching movies, I get to take care of him until 3 when I go back to work. He threw up on the shower curtain so I have to wash that before I can shower and make myself presentable for work.

I am not really looking forward to anything in particular besides having 4 days off!

I have absolutely no idea! But I will try to think of something.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    My weekend was fun.  My favorite cousin came up to visit this weekend, so we went out to dinner on Friday night.  On Saturday, she, FI, and I went to the Boston Wine Expo.  FI got free tickets from work.  It was awesome.  I can haz free winez?  Yes please!  Yesterday, FI and I stayed in all day and snuggled.  This was interrupted for 2 hours or so when I went to go get my nails (or should I stay stubs) done with a galpal of mine.  So no complaints on my end.

I don't have anything super awesome to look forward to this week.  I need to send out my STDs, so I'll be happy when that is accomplished.

*BOSTON KNOTTIES:  SINCE NONE OF US HAVE ANYTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO THIS WEEK, METHINKS WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER FOR DINNER AGAIN...PERHAPS IN THE CITY THIS TIME?  LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!*

This week I will not bite my nails.  And will keep getting them painted to avoid doing so.  There, I said it as a statement!  Now that's a goal!
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    This weekend was pretty awesome. On Saturday, we went bowling with all of the in-laws. I had a blast. We had DD's bday party yesterday at Chuck E. Cheese's. That was a lot of fun. DD's actual bday is this Thursday, so I'm going to bring in cupcakes for her class. On Wendesday morning I have a dentist appointment fo get my Invisalign that finally came in. I'm excited, but I have a feeling I'm going to be miserable for at least the first couple of weeks. Eta: spelling
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-monday-paradise-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da6f5aed-ed1d-4525-8eeb-35f0109841b6Post:c84fedcd-4b85-4c62-b6df-714135c27554">Re: Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lauren- What did you think of Catching Fire?? Csousa- You have any more pics of your sister's venue? It sounds pretty! Peek- I have a feeling this upcoming weekend will be WAY better. I'm glad you are liking your new living arrangements Did you tell us how the other people reacted to you moving out? Ollie- I'm all for the self-compassion! Hazel- I've had quite a few allergy tests and then I went on allergy shots- I'm like a completely different person now! Ely- Congrats on sticking within calorie range this week! Liv- You take me with you to massage? Thanks. Danie- I totally let Andrew influence my mood too. I need to work on that. Stillwell- YAY for therapy! I'm a fan! Coco- You should for sure find time to read that one chapter this week. It sounds like you need something to look forward to! rdr- Your week sounds fun! <strong>Tiger- Are you going to jump FI this week?</strong> Nursey- What does your veil look like?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

<div>Pretty much! He was sick all last week and then I was gone this weekend, so I'm a bit starved for affection at the moment!!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Weekend was amazing!  Friday night we took Little Bean and my nephew over to a friend's house. Boys all played and acted silly (friend has a son same age as my two fellas). Friend is preggers so her DH and I drank a riDUNKulous amount of wine (4 bottles between us). So I was drunk and I don't exactly remember sexytime, even though I know it did happen. Oops! Saturday, the boys and I went to the barn for their riding lessons. Nephew just started and he's just such a natural in the saddle, and it makes him smile so that was awesome. Not awesome part: Princess Tappy had a pretty large gash on her left hind-dangerously close to the tendons-and was pretty lame. I had to treat that-wrap it and dose her with ABs and NSAIDs. Then Saturday night we tried to take the boys to see Red Tails, but all the decent show times were sold out so we went to see We Bought A Zoo. So freaking cute. Last night I drank a ton of red wine with my mom, ended up tipsy at the dinner table laughing my ass off and drunk FB posted....while naked and reading Catching Fire. Oy.

Dinner with my BFF and baby sister on Saturday night!

Gonna keep my commitment to work out 4-5 days this week for 45 minutes (at least) each time and eat 100% on plan!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    Weekend was ok.  FI was supposed to have a ski race Saturday night but it was too windy on the mountain so that got cancelled.  I was actually thankful because it was extra cold outside and I wasn't really in the mood to stand outside foor 2 hours!  Yesterday I had lunch with one of my girlfriends; she's UBER excited about us getting married and wants to help with everything.  She & another friend of ours used to do flowers and have offered to do that for us for the wedding so that's nice.  Then I worked in our ski shop for a bit & then went out to dinner with FI's family for his mom's birthday dinner & my birthday dinner.  Monday is blah.  It's snow - which is good for us - but not enough yet.

We're going to LA to the Wilco concert tomorrow night for my birthday.  FI isn't a huge fan because he thinks all their songs sound the same but is going because I really want to go.  Also looking forward to a work trip that starts on Friday.  Hawaii three times & Guam thrown in.  Plus that'll be almost an entire week where I do almost nothing related to wedding planning.  I think that'll give me a fresh eye for our Tahoe trip when I return.

REALLY good question.  I horribly this weekend so I'll clean up my eating act & get that back to normal.  At the very least.
  • Options
    @ Lunar - It's 2 tier, the long part is chapel length. The second (short) tier goes to my shoulders when it's on top of my head. The two tiers can be separated. I am planning on wearing the short one throughout the reception, but moving to the nape of neck.

Go here: http://www.pronovias.us/bridal-accesories/veils/

Look for veil #2411, and imagine it with a second tier (for my daddy to lift over my head)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-monday-paradise-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da6f5aed-ed1d-4525-8eeb-35f0109841b6Post:4a428802-993d-4650-94ee-d68523c6733d">Re: Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Lunar - It's 2 tier, the long part is chapel length. The second (short) tier goes to my shoulders when it's on top of my head. The two tiers can be separated. I am planning on wearing the short one throughout the reception, but moving to the nape of neck. Go here: <a href="http://www.pronovias.us/bridal-accesories/veils/" rel="nofollow">http://www.pronovias.us/bridal-accesories/veils/</a> Look for veil #2411, and imagine it with a second tier (for my daddy to lift over my head)
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

Couldn't resist checking it out!  GOOOOORGEOUS!! 
  • Options
    Nursey- I love that the tiers can be separated! Neat!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday to Audgie's DD! What kind of cupcakes are you bringing in for class? Have I ever told you guys that I love cupcakes? And now I want cupcakes.

How old is DD now?

• Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-monday-paradise-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da6f5aed-ed1d-4525-8eeb-35f0109841b6Post:7e43b2ef-6d29-420b-be28-75c677b51d57">Re: Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday to Audgie's DD! What kind of cupcakes are you bringing in for class? Have I ever told you guys that I love cupcakes? And now I want cupcakes. How old is DD now?
    Posted by Ollie08[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ollie! I'm going to pick up some pre made vanilla and chocolate ones. The grocery store near me place make some reallly gooood ones. DD is going to be 5!
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-monday-paradise-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da6f5aed-ed1d-4525-8eeb-35f0109841b6Post:7e43b2ef-6d29-420b-be28-75c677b51d57">Re: Another Monday in Paradise, Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday to Audgie's DD! What kind of cupcakes are you bringing in for class? Have I ever told you guys that I love cupcakes? And now I want cupcakes. How old is DD now?
    Posted by Ollie08[/QUOTE]

MMMMmmmm . . . cupcakes.  There goes that eating better this week thought!!
  • Options
    Weekend was good, too short, nothing too exciting.  Saw some theater friends in an awesome play this past weekend.
    Nothing exciting has carried over to today

There really is no highlight to the week, just looking forward to Friday already

Eat some chocolate and work out as much as I can.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards