Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

No Wish Lanterns allowed :-(

I was really hoping to do a sky lantern dedication ceremony for my parents who are both deceased but I'm getting married at a venue that can't allow it. Any other creative ideas besides candle lighting ceremony out there?

Re: No Wish Lanterns allowed :-(

• You can have pictures of them at the ceremony site or on the cake table at the reception. Or you can have pictures of them attached to your bouquet.  Instead of having a bouquet toss, you can dedicate it to your mom and then say a few words about her and your dad during that time.  Or you can have the officiate say a few words about them during the introduction/welcoming of the ceremony.  You can reserve two seats at the front of the ceremony site in their honor with a rose on each seat (or you can use their favorite flower).  Or you can just have a little dedication to your parents in your ceremony programs.  
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_no-wish-lanterns-allowed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:e9ec1cf8-56da-4300-849a-59e6be8008ddPost:25574a12-1f3c-45bb-bd58-68919028e4b6">Re: No Wish Lanterns allowed :-(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would either have a dedication to your parents in the program or have a candle lit at the reception or them.  A wedding is a celebration of life and some of the pp's suggestiong are just too sad (the empty seats at the ceremony). You could say a few works at the reception about how you miss them and know they are there in spirit, but I wouldn't go beyond that.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>These are nice ideas.</div><div>
    </div><div>For what it's worth, I've seen some wish lantern portions of weddings go wrong. . . blowing into things, not floating away, burning up on the ground, etc.  I imagine that's not exactly what you have in mind.  Instead of being bummed about it, perhaps a mention of them in the program, or even a tiny photo of them in a locket on your bouquet. . . . .those are memorial ideas that can't go wrong!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_no-wish-lanterns-allowed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:e9ec1cf8-56da-4300-849a-59e6be8008ddPost:37d4d645-e8ed-4f18-8f45-cea5114802e9">Re: No Wish Lanterns allowed :-(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Wish Lanterns allowed :-( : These are nice ideas. For what it's worth, I've seen some wish lantern portions of weddings go wrong. . . blowing into things, not floating away, burning up on the ground, etc.  I imagine that's not exactly what you have in mind.  Instead of being bummed about it, perhaps a mention of them in the program, or even a tiny photo of them in a locket on your bouquet. . . . .those are memorial ideas that can't go wrong!
    Posted by kaos16[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS.  We went to a wedding this summer, the venue never should have let us do the lanterns.  It was at a golf course and 90% of the lanterns ended up on their roof or in trees.  It could have ruined the wedding if the place would have caught on fire!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards