Not Engaged Yet
Options

Kids Movies

Anyone have a movie they loved as a little kid but will still watch as an adult?

I'm sitting here with a treatment in my hair that I should have washed out almost 20 minutes ago but instead I'm in a towel and watching Annie because it's on TV and singing every single song and saying almost every single line.

"Who cares what you're wearing on Main Street or Saville Row? It's what you wear from ear-to-ear, and not from head to toe!"

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: Kids Movies

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Little Mermaid and any other Disney movie :)
  • Options
    PolkaDotBellaPolkaDotBella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Little Mermaid, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. I love babysitting for little kids so I can watch them with the kids!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    ..::..In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities ~Janos Arnay..::..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, Disney movies almost go without saying! Pixar too! =D Would you believe I have a friend who won't let his three year old kid watch Disney movies? He used to work for them and had such a crap experience that he won't "support the company" anymore. Can you imagine?!

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    PolkaDotBellaPolkaDotBella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kids-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dd63f0e4-cfca-4cf8-9f44-878a21daf7d8Post:c5d79c44-7b79-44c1-8733-e8797ab7bba6">Re: Kids Movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, Disney movies almost go without saying! Pixar too! =D Would you believe I have a friend who won't let his three year old kid watch Disney movies? He used to work for them and had such a crap experience that he won't "support the company" anymore. Can you imagine?!
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

Thats so sad! I thought it was an unspoken rule of parenting to have your children to watch Disney!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    ..::..In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities ~Janos Arnay..::..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I never grew up so I watch little kid movies all the time. I'm addicted to cartoons.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    BF got me Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition for Christmas this year :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kids-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dd63f0e4-cfca-4cf8-9f44-878a21daf7d8Post:c5d79c44-7b79-44c1-8733-e8797ab7bba6">Re: Kids Movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, Disney movies almost go without saying! Pixar too! =D Would you believe I have a friend who won't let his three year old kid watch Disney movies? He used to work for them and had such a crap experience that he won't "support the company" anymore. Can you imagine?!
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

I had a professor who wouldn't let her kids watch Disney movies for moral reasons. She thought they were a bad influence. One day someone gave her son Peter Pan as a gift, so she let him watch it and was totally scandalized by the scene with the native americans.
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Disney movies and Clifford with Martin Short. One of my all time favorite movies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    B, I'm taking a course this semester on the history and theory of animation. It's really interesting - you'd like it. A lot of early cartoons are extremely f*ked up, but because they're animated, it lessens the severity, so to speak.

But anyway - I FREAKING LOVE ANNIE. I frequently sing it in the shower. Just to finish your sentence: "....that matters! So sanitor, so janitor, so long for a while! Remember, you're never fully dressed--though you may wear the best--you're never fully dressed. without. a smile!"
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't watch Annie anymore.  I grew up in theater programs, and I must have done Annie a half dozen times in my life (which translates into nearly thousands of rehearsals).  The last time I did it, I was in high school and they cast me as Sandy.  Yep, the dog (I'm not a particularly good singer... in fact, I'm horrible).  Anyway, the awful director had us moving huge 500 lb. boxes on wheels of set and in one major accident, a friend slammed her box into the one I was moving at full speed, and it crushed my hand.  And the damned director made me limp around on my bad hand in the dog costume, saying it added to the dog looking like a stray.  Yeah, that kinda sucked. 

In happier news, I watch Aladdin (though I now watch it in Spanish), Beauty & the Beast, and some classics you've probably never heard of that my Dad loved watching with us as kids, like Darby O'Gill & The Little People, or The Happiest Millionaire, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and The Quiet Man.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kids-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dd63f0e4-cfca-4cf8-9f44-878a21daf7d8Post:130f6c3f-b2fd-48e6-a151-e85cfa294ff1">Re: Kids Movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]some classics you've probably never heard of that my Dad loved watching with us as kids, like Darby O'Gill & The Little People, or The Happiest Millionaire, and <strong>Seven Brides for Seven Brothers</strong>, and The Quiet Man.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" is one of my favorite musicals! Michael Kidd chreography + Howard Keel's gorgeous voice = fantasticalness. That's not a word. I made it up. Deal.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Whenever pixar shorts are on I watch them!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Beauty and the Beast, though I was 11 when it came out. Anastasia is another of my favorites, but I was 17 when it came out.

Movies from when I was actually a kid...
    Space Camp
    Short Circuit
    Ghost Busters
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Home Alone! And Aladdin. One of my favorite college memories is watching Aladdin while drinking too much with my roomies- we had a singalong! I was glad I wasn't the only dork to still know the words!
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anything Disney and I am so there. 

I also love Drop Dead Fred. I still can't believe my parents let me watch that. I was only four when it came out, but it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. It's really not a kids move, at all. lol
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Beauty and the Beast!  FMIL bought it for me for Christmas :)  It was literally my favorite movie when I was a kid, I had the sheet and everything.  LOL.  But seriously, I loved all Disney movies and I'd gladly watch them now too.  I hate that they only release certain ones at a time...stupid Disney vault
    Anniversary
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kids-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:dd63f0e4-cfca-4cf8-9f44-878a21daf7d8Post:495c5389-90ef-4478-8556-48a0b5e4b318">Re: Kids Movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anything Disney and I am so there.  I also love Drop Dead Fred. I still can't believe my parents let me watch that. I was only four when it came out, but it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. It's really not a kids move, at all. lol
    Posted by deburnin[/QUOTE]

Deb, I am so jealous that you get to go to Disney SO SOON!!!
  • Options
    redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @melah   I love Clifford with Martin short! I made my boyfriend and his roommates watch it. They did not love it, and now my boyfriend makes the Clifford face all the time.

@calindi 7 brides for 7 borthers is my favorite musical

I also love Pollyanna, Willy Wonka, Disney, and Savannah Smiles
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I love love love Annie but don't have a copy of it :(

But I watch Sound of Music and The Wizard of Oz every.time they're on TV.

I also love 90% of Disney movies.  Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid are by far the best ones.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kids-movies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dd63f0e4-cfca-4cf8-9f44-878a21daf7d8Post:084ab794-543f-4cc1-82c8-7fdded25ceff">Re: Kids Movies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kids Movies : Deb, I am so jealous that you get to go to Disney SO SOON!!!
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

<div>And here I am thinking it's not soon enough. lol</div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any Disney cartoon film
    The Parent Trap
    The Sound of Music
    Little Women
    The old Claymation cartoons they put out at Christmas
    I don't give a crap what people say, my kids are going to be watching classic Disney cartoons. I'd rather them watch those than half the children-oriented tv shows out right now. FI and I have been slowly collecting the classic cartoon films for our future children since we started talking about marriage.

We've got...

Finding Nemo
    101 Dalmations
    Aladdin
    The Incredibles
    Wall-E
    Enchanted

We're on the hunt for...

Little Mermaid
    Lion King
    Beauty & The Beast
    Peter Pan
    Jungle Book
    The Adventures of Robin Hood
    Lady & The Tramp
    Cinderella
    Snow White
    Alice in Wonderland

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anything Disney.

I love Anastasia...it's not Disney but it's animated and I lurved it since I was like 6.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we went to Disney a few weeks ago, the TV channel in the room had the old "Sing Along" show and I totally geeked out.  BF had to deal with me laying there singing along to various Disney songs.  Love it!

I'm super psyched about my race - I will have tons of pictures when it's done of me with all the Disney princesses!  They apparently have music and entertainment all along the course - that's definitely the only way to run 13.1 miles without losing your mind!!!

Anyone watch Brigadoon?  That's another of my favorites!  I'm surprised several of you know of 7 Brides for 7 Brothers!

Anniversary

• Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, me likey this thread. I could not imagine my life without:

The Sound of Music
    Mary Poppins (I heart Julie Andrews)
    Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
    Home Alone
    Annie--how could you NOT love Carol Burnett in this?! Not to mention the rest of the all-star cast. (Although this had to be watched surreptitiously, because my mom was bitter on it due to having taken one too many requests for the song "Tomorrow.")
    101 Dalmations (Disney animated)
    Sleeping Beauty (Disney)
    Aladdin (Disney)
    Monsters, Inc.
    Finding Nemo
    The Lion King
    The Wizard of Oz

I'm sure there are more I'll have to come back and add. :)

Cate--I've only seen snippets of the movie version of Brigadoon, but love the show. I love the songs "Almost Like Being in Love," and "Heather on the Hill." Such a classic, sweet old show. Also: WTF on the Annie director making you limp around on a hand that was hurting you? That is ridiculous, unprofessional, dangerous...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any of the Disney Masterpieces or Classics. I made my parents go out and buy all of these on first edition for me when I was in middle school (for some reason all my friends were in a race to own all the movies when we were in 6th grade). All the Disney movies are numbered by how many times they've been released. I was a bratty little kid. LOL. But, I still have them all still.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards